UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Eyes Wide Open I have included this in my Blog so as to help all looking into case. I have also suggested that Police may want to pull any numbers dialled from that box that afternoon and see if this leads them anywhere as I would be surprised if they did this-Who knows you may well have cracked this case? :)
Cracking the case would be a good start to this year, but alas I'm not sure it's likely, for a start we don't know if claudia actually used the phone, and even if she did would the phone company still have a record of it, and even if they did I would think the person she called would either deny remembering what was said or say it was a perfectly innocent call

Thanks @Eyes Wide Open I have included this in my Blog so as to help all looking into case. I have also suggested that Police may want to pull any numbers dialled from that box that afternoon and see if this leads them anywhere as I would be surprised if they did this-Who knows you may well have cracked this case? :)
Be nice to be wrong though

Cracking the case would be a good start to this year, but alas I'm not sure it's likely, for a start we don't know if claudia actually used the phone, and even if she did would the phone company still have a record of it, and even if they did I would think the person she called would either deny remembering what was said or say it was a perfectly innocent call
Imagine, from the box she of all people called DO to NOT pick her up the next morning ....

@Andyboy They will still have the records and whilst the recipient may not recall the content of call, questions would be asked as to why Claudia, the prolific mobile phone user, needed to use a call box.

Was it on the recipients instructions so that their number did not show up on her mobile?
This would put this person high up on the suspects list.

Could she have been calling a police officer-Was she informing?

Yes I'd be very interested to know what calls were made/received from that phone box between 14.45-3.05pm on the 18th! Do you know if call records are kept by BT for 11 years? I've a feeling if police haven't already done this then it may be an opportunity missed. It is an excellent thought though @Eyes Wide Open and not a suggestion I've heard before. MOO

Yes I'd be very interested to know what calls were made/received from that phone box between 14.45-3.05pm on the 18th! Do you know if call records are kept by BT for 11 years? I've a feeling if police haven't already done this then it may be an opportunity missed. It is an excellent thought though @Eyes Wide Open and not a suggestion I've heard before. MOO
I don't believe that Police will have done this yet. They will be fixated around her mobile use.

Did claudia have a land-line, if she was in contact with the police it would offer more privacy than calling from a phone box in the street

Did claudia have a land-line, if she was in contact with the police it would offer more privacy than calling from a phone box in the street
Not sure @Andyboy. But she could have called from mobile if her only concern was privacy. If she had a landline then that would have been checked and would leave a trail. All shots of her house show no landline.

It's too blurry to positively/responsibly ID but thanks very much for the positive feedback. Here it's a case of I haven't formally thought it through but I can remember the broad stats/outerwear of ppl at the pub and a number of them are thus more likely to be the blurs we can see in the video footage. I'm not sure police will ever secure a conviction or that anyone will confess. I just hope the perp/s figure out a way to let the family know where she is so they can say goodbye to her properly.
I wish I had your way with words !
Totally agree with your last sentence .Tell the family where she is might just bring this over with.Even if they (police ) find dna it would be no use to them if they do not have a name !
I think some kind of ‘credit’ should be given to a perpetrator once he’s told where his victim is !
He can send the info ...with a strong password then in the future,if he is ever caught might be given a more leaning sentence !

I think you have 2 choices, you either believe his year long memory loss or you think he is making it up, and if this is correct then I personally would like to know why
Or that he did tell the police but they were not listening ...did not put it down on the report

But the police might find the box’s number on one of the ... mentioned or not .... suspects!
They would have time and date ?

I've been re-watching and thinking over the dark man and light man CCTV from the evening and morning. I'm thinking that maybe this had nothing to do with CL disappearing. It doesn't make sense for dark man to be the perp and be there in the evening and then again in the morning. It seems more likely to me that he is a partner/stalker of CL who wanted to see if she was home that evening and the next morning and hasn't come forward for a variety of reasons e.g. married, was stalking her and didn't want to make himself a suspect. What are everyone else's thoughts in what dark man was doing? MOO

Totally agree with your last sentence .Tell the family where she is might just bring this over with.Even if they (police ) find dna it would be no use to them if they do not have a name !
I think some kind of ‘credit’ should be given to a perpetrator once he’s told where his victim is !
He can send the info ...with a strong password then in the future,if he is ever caught might be given a more leaning sentence !

BBM, if the perp has ever been arrested or had a job where DNA and fingerprints are required then they would be caught when running the DNA through their database and then would have a name. MOO

If the guilty party is getting on in years then a 10 year sentence is not much of an incentive, almost a life sentencr

I've been re-watching and thinking over the dark man and light man CCTV from the evening and morning. I'm thinking that maybe this had nothing to do with CL disappearing. It doesn't make sense for dark man to be the perp and be there in the evening and then again in the morning. It seems more likely to me that he is a partner/stalker of CL who wanted to see if she was home that evening and the next morning and hasn't come forward for a variety of reasons e.g. married, was stalking her and didn't want to make himself a suspect. What are everyone else's thoughts in what dark man was doing? MOO
I agree that they were either a boy / girlfriend checking on her or part of a drug drop / cash pick up

NB it's possible he saw something the CCTV scope didn't reach!!
I have said before so sorry to repeat but I think Claudia told DO who she spent all night with
and its likely DO knows him. Given that DO admits he does a bit of workplace bantering I think he would have no problem bantering up Claudias disclosure of an all night session with this man and I suspect this did not go down well especially if the man was in a relationship or married.
Having got the response he did DO probably realised he had put his foot in it and it was more than likely that the s*** was going to hit the fan. Thats why he didnt offer Claudia a lift as she would have more than likely had a go at him and taking a completely different route would mean he would have distanced any contact with her until they both arrived at work
I think the sighting of the car with the door open (reported as either the passenger or driver door) and a man and a women appearing to be arguing is a valid sighting and this is possibly the man who Claudia had previously spent the night with. He was travelling that route (either to work or study) with the knowledge that Claudia would be walking to work and intented to confront Claudia about her disclosure seeing her between her house and costcutters (which is why she didnt appear on their cctv) he picked her up (knowing him she would willingly get in the car) on the journey he confronted her ( or continued the argument which had started when Claudia rang him from the public phone box ( as Eyeswideopen suggested)the prev afternoon regarding what she had told DO and I suspect she would told him to stop the car Ive had enough Im getting out which is why the car appears part on road part on verge I suspect the the verbal exchange continued as she exited the car and crossed the road. Impulsively jumped out the car leaving his door open and continued an escalating argument. The argument that spiralled out of control with Claudia possibly being struck unconcious and rolling down the bank.I notice that the location of the sighting of the two people arguing was on some sort of winding junction enabling the man to to just turn down into it and place Claudia in the car. In a panicked state he possibly strangled her in the car he then drove to the River Ouse waters edge and disposed of the body.

This is just my opinion of events..
Apologises I went to hit save draft and instead it appears to have posted grrhh.
In finishing
I beleive it is possible CL could have left by her front door the cctv camera in the house opposite was prone visual problems with condensation on the window and given the passing traffic on that road its possible that she could have not been clearly identified
I my opinion DO did not reveal the mystery man to the police in the first instance as he realised that it could be seen that it his actions that triggered the tragic events of the day..
I thank you for Eyeswideshut excellent sleuthing re a possible public phonebox being used that afternoon enabling me to fill in a possible piece of important info .. If this man was the man Claudia spent the night with its possible she contacted via the public phone because she didnt want her number appearing on his phone ( because in a relationshipship or married) or she didnt have his number at all and was trying to contact him through his workplace.
The siting of two people arguing on University road and the search dogs tracing Claudias scent to the River Ouse waters edge completes a very credible scenario for me
These are just my opinions of what may have happened only time will tell how things really did play out that day

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member