UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 246640 I hope you can Read this page 53 from Sunday times magazine November 13 2011
This might answer your question and poss clear the confusion I caused earlier when I suggested that her mother might have been at her other daughter’s place ...I was wrong !

Can you turn it around please? I can't read it sideways. Thanks.

Hi @Deadbeat
1. It was believed that Rodney the "medium" was the person who laid the wreath. He wasn't really a medium but if you read up on him you will find that he probably gained his info by talking to the living in the Nags Head and then played it back as if he had "spoken" with Claudias spirit.

Thank you. I took no notice of this but now you explain....it makes sense.

I have a laptop and an internet connection. And more time on my hands than usual. It's really not difficult.[/

So what do you think about me asking if Calaudia was on Craigslist
Or she acted like one in order to help men get back with their spouses!?
She was a good listener I believe.
Plus why do it where everyone knows you and him ?

With the hints further above about someone pretending to be a medium who wanted to impart some truth in a 'clever' way....there were some names mentioned....could any of them have been grave diggers or ran cemetaries? There was even a man of the cloth mentioned - i was remembering that many travellers go to church regularly (I'm not joking - even the less saintly ones) which then reminded me that in Italy, its spoken a lot that the Mafia in Southern Italy will go to all sorts of intimidation in order to gain control of the graveyard - not just to extort money but in my opinion to hide some bodies. (I've also seen this in the news in the past on one occasion). All just speculation and just my opinion. Its just it has been discussed in here as poor C being possibly hidden in concrete foundations or crushed in a car crusher - could it be that she ended up in a graveyard by the back door? I'm sure I read somewhere that 'C would never be found'. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the hints further above about someone pretending to be a medium who wanted to impart some truth in a 'clever' way....there were some names mentioned....could any of them have been grave diggers or ran cemetaries? There was even a man of the cloth mentioned - i was remembering that many travellers go to church regularly (I'm not joking - even the 'dodgy' ones) which then reminded me that in Italy, its spoken a lot that the Mafia in Southern Italy will go to all sorts of intimidation in order to gain control of the graveyard - not just to extort money but in my opinion to hide some bodies. (I've also seen this in the news in the past on one occasion). All just speculation and just my opinion. Its just it has been discussed in here as poor C being possibly hidden in concrete foundations or crushed in a car crusher - could it be that she ended up in a graveyard by the back door? I'm sure I read somewhere that 'C would never be found'. Just my opinion.

it’s possible I’m sure it’s been done before.
But my money would be in the moors!
And I wouldn’t be surprised if a local shop assistant had already mentioned to police or crime stoppers about a customer buying bin bags and digging equipment!
Don’t forget that for several weeks the police were looking for a live person !

But my money would be in the moors!
And I wouldn’t be surprised if a local shop assistant had already mentioned to police or crime stoppers about a customer buying bin bags and digging equipment!

That would explain the 'shallow grave' thing mentioned by the so called 'medium'

@Popejohn3

Perhaps she used the back door? Saying that, local people aren't daft. They all know what was going on so I'm not sure how much of a 'secret' it actually was.

With the hints further above about someone pretending to be a medium who wanted to impart some truth in a 'clever' way....there were some names mentioned....could any of them have been grave diggers or ran cemetaries? There was even a man of the cloth mentioned - i was remembering that many travellers go to church regularly (I'm not joking - even the less saintly ones) which then reminded me that in Italy, its spoken a lot that the Mafia in Southern Italy will go to all sorts of intimidation in order to gain control of the graveyard - not just to extort money but in my opinion to hide some bodies. (I've also seen this in the news in the past on one occasion). All just speculation and just my opinion. Its just it has been discussed in here as poor C being possibly hidden OB in concrete foundations or crushed in a car crusher - could it be that she ended up in a graveyard by the back door? I'm sure I read somewhere that 'C would never be found'. Just my opinion.
This is a good point but would they need to enlist a man if the cloth when one of the "community" of friends and family of Claudia was head of Parks and Crematoriums????
And
Did she walk in on something when a young teen that no girl of her age should have been exposed to?

She used to babysit did she not?

@Popejohn3

Perhaps she used the back door? Saying that, local people aren't daft. They all know what was going on so I'm not sure how much of a 'secret' it actually was.

Eh? First I thought Craigslist was a euphamism for a s*x phone line but now its linked to the er... 'lodgers' appearing via the back door (not a euphamism, by the alley behind the house I think you mean).

Eh? First I thought Craigslist was a euphamism for a s*x phone line but now its linked to the er... 'lodgers' appearing via the back door (not a euphamism, by the alley behind the house I think you mean).
Can't say I'm an expert in this field so had to look it up. Now it be a euphemism as you describe but there's no arguing with the fact that she had many, many visitors to her home (so perhaps not just a phone service). I'm sure the neighbours were delighted (not) by all this activity. And this is why there has been a poor response from locals (non NH) in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop