UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if the police know the boyfriend wasn't with her 2 days before, then how can the chefs story be true, because that is not what he said Claudia told him

As a work colleague and self confessed good friend of claudia, after a few weeks when it was apparent she was probably dead wouldn't you rack your brain trying to work out who may have killed her, yet it took him a year to remember she was seeing a new boyfriend, I don't buy it, not any of it

In my opinion he found himself between a rock and a hard place. I suspect this mystery lover had a connection to the college so D.O. didnt want to give a name. But on the other hand there was a £10,000 reward up for grabs so he offered up enough information ie that of a mystery boyfriend so
if this particular piece of information led to the police an arrest of the person he may still be able to claim a reward

just my opinion

Well, as has been said before, I think in this case most anything is possible, which is probably the main reason it has not been solved, but if he as he states was Claudias friend then wouldn't he want to see her potential killer caught, not to mention the 10k he would also pick up

Well if the police know the boyfriend wasn't with her 2 days before, then how can the chefs story be true, because that is not what he said Claudia told him

If police knew the name of the casual boyfriend and checked with him if he was with her on the monday night. Then they would know that person D.O told them about was someone different from the casual boyfriend.
D.O. described him as a male friend .. so potentially this takes us away from boyfriends and allows us to look at men Claudia knew as 'friends'

Andy we are talking about two different men ie ‘casual boyfriend’ known to police and ‘mystery boyfriend’ unknown to police !

Well, as has been said before, I think in this case most anything is possible, which is probably the main reason it has not been solved, but if he as he states was Claudias friend then wouldn't he want to see her potential killer caught, not to mention the 10k he would also pick up

In my opinion I think he thought police could have worked out who the mystery lover was..
( Thats if they wanted too of course)

You also have to consider what relationship if any DO had with the mystery lover or his partner

Btw as far as I know one has to claim the reward straight away when you give the info.

In my opinion he found himself between a rock and a hard place. I suspect this mystery lover had a connection to the college so D.O. didnt want to give a name. But on the other hand there was a £10,000 reward up for grabs so he offered up enough information ie that of a mystery boyfriend so
if this particular piece of information led to the police an arrest of the person he may still be able to claim a reward. just my opinion

Yes and an employee linked to CL/DO's place of work was arrested on suspicion of her murder in 2015 just days after the release of the cctv of alley man. Journos said the two events were linked. Perhaps DO had a hand in this identification too.

Yes and an employee linked to CL/DO's place of work was arrested on suspicion of her murder in 2015 just days after the release of the cctv of alley man. Journos said the two events were linked. Perhaps DO had a hand in this identification too.
If what you say is true does it mean the police know the identity of the mystery boyfriend ?
But they are still looking for him as far as I know !

If what you say is true does it mean the police know the identity of the mystery boyfriend ?
But they are still looking for him as far as I know !
Everything the police now states publicly is coloured by the CPS decision.

Not a fair comment if I may say so !
Halliwell would have been one of them but...
Ah well ok, there is a wider group of names reported by people throughout the UK, going into the hundreds probably. Then there is a smaller but not insignificant number with known links to CL which has caused major problems for police in terms of identification, time spent tracking them down and of course, their lies and obfuscation.

Ah well ok, there is a wider group of names reported by people throughout the UK, going into the hundreds probably. Then there is a smaller but not insignificant number with known links to CL which has caused major problems for police in terms of identification, time spent tracking them down and of course, their lies and obfuscation.

Thanks gracious as always .

I thought that last line was said to the barmaid by one of Claudia's close friends.

Categorically not true, it's supposed to be interpreted in many ways and doesn't just apply to Claudia's disappearance but draws from themes in the case and her life, mechanisms of the legal system, corruption, power and authority, love and loss, forgiveness, revenge, sarcasm, irony, sincerity, wordplay, coercion, religious principles, brains/braun, intention, autonomy, and an imperfect world/people....

And the importance of 'good journalism' and what stops that from being achieved, structural and societal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop