UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well ok, there is a wider group of names reported by people throughout the UK, going into the hundreds probably. Then there is a smaller but not insignificant number with known links to CL which has caused major problems for police in terms of identification, time spent tracking them down and of course, their lies and obfuscation.
Yes and I was referring to this ‘wider group of names ‘
And incidentally I was one of many who gave the police a name !

Ah well ok, there is a wider group of names reported by people throughout the UK, going into the hundreds probably. Then there is a smaller but not insignificant number with known links to CL which has caused major problems for police in terms of identification, time spent tracking them down and of course, their lies and obfuscation.
Categorically not true, it's supposed to be interpreted in many ways and doesn't just apply to Claudia's disappearance but draws from themes in the case and her life, mechanisms of the legal system, corruption, power and authority, love and loss, forgiveness, revenge, sarcasm, irony, sincerity, wordplay, coercion, religious principles, brains/braun, intention, autonomy, and an imperfect world/people....

And the importance of 'good journalism' and what stops that from being achieved, structural and societal
And memorable !

Some journalist said he was told by a security guard that Claudia was not blonde when she disappeared !
I find it strange the info did not come from her father ,close friends or even work colleagues ?
Who was this super observant guard ?
Workplace?

And I referred to the smaller but not insignificant, as yet unspecified, number of males 'known' to CL which related to her lifestyle choices. The truth is only likely to emerge if or when the case is solved but the people who have carried out deep investigations (beyond perhaps what her girlfriends and old friends are aware of) - NYP, the cold case team and serious journalists - including some local newspapers - should be deemed to be credible sources.

Some journalist said he was told by a security guard that Claudia was not blonde when she disappeared ! I find it strange the info did not come from her father ,close friends or even work colleagues ?
To be honest I always thought there was an element of blonde in her hair on that Melrosegate PO image. Maybe not to the extent of the old photo that was initially widely circulated, but nor did she appear like the brunette in the teal bridesmaid dress.

My suspect is one of the ‘hundreds’ I’m afraid .

I think you’ll find even his ex said he chased her
I remember his wife saying, she didn't know, why young pretty Claudia would have picked him. That doesn't sound like a loving wife first (;)), who knows about the "qualities" of her husband, and it doesn't sound as if HE picked Claudia. MOO
On the other hand, that he chased her, when CL had lost interest in him, that I can readily imagine. It was not for nothing, that she remained connected to her ex-lovers/ex-boyfriends. Seems, it was the ultimate goal perhaps, to have some "followers". MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember his wife saying, she didn't know, why young pretty Claudia would have picked him. That doesn't sound like a loving wife first (;)), who knows about the "qualities" of her husband, and it doesn't sound as if HE picked Claudia. MOO
On the other hand, that he chased her, when CL had lost interest in him, that I can readily imagine. It was not for nothing, that she remained connected to her ex-lovers/ex-boyfriends. Seems, it was the ultimate goal perhaps, to have some "followers". MOO
I'm sure LH had £ots of qua£ities @FromGermany.

Can't say I'm an expert in this field so had to look it up. Now it be a euphemism as you describe but there's no arguing with the fact that she had many, many visitors to her home (so perhaps not just a phone service). I'm sure the neighbours were delighted (not) by all this activity. And this is why there has been a poor response from locals (non NH) in general.

Oh...I thought it was cleared up after I posted this that she just advertised for lodgers on Craigslist? Everything is pure speculation though really, isn't it? JMO.

So could it be she was desperate for love? Or to find a loving partner? I had a couple of friends who are really lovely women but were desperate for a loving long standing partner when younger and used to sleep with whoever they met on first day (which didn't happen frequently) and always the men got what was on offer for a period of time then and moved on after a while. Both remained single women all their lives to this date. Yet all they wanted was love. I know a third one who was also desperate for same thing and would sleep with anyone interested and one took advantage and pretended to love her and strung her along. Also there were men from another community you wouldn't expect her to mix with (ie like its suggested with Claudia) and that brought trouble and strife with two wives both visiting her house bringing young people (teenage children?) with them to intimidate her to stop and leave their men alone. I know many women don't chose to behave like this do this but its clear I have known a few who have and in my opinion they were all lovely women who just wanted permanent love. Is that all that Claudia wanted I wonder? JMO. EDIT: I've just realised. All the women I've referred to above were fun loving, partying, loving a laugh women.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is the mystery boyfriend is so mysterious nobody including all her friends and family had any idea he ever existed, the only person to ever mention him was her chef work colleague and it took him a year to remember that this person existed, despite the fact that after a year she was almost certainly dead

Okay so I hear the element of doubt here.

Page 57 from Gone for those who do not have the book. Please read the attachment first before reading any further !

People are getting carried away.
A young lady buys her first home .Quite an achievement.She was only there for about three years .She was bound to invite all her family and old friends to see her new house.Only natural .Then she had Jen staying with for a year...Jen must have invited some of her own friends plus poss customers from the Nh . In fact we know that Claudia was in the habit to carry on drinking / eating after closing time in her own house.
When Jen says lodgers she means lodgers fhs !
We also know she had friends ( around 15 ) from Manchester but she met them while on holidays in Cuba and often went to see her in York and stayed with her.!
I was simply asking if we or the police know who else apart from Jen stayed with her as a lodger fhs !
Incidentally this could be her extra income ?!
We know one can have lodgers without even telling the tax man .I seem to recall years ago you could charge £50 a week without even declaring it
So please let’s not get carried away
Snore-Manchester -Hale-Cuba.
It's not relevant

Some journalist said he was told by a security guard that Claudia was not blonde when she disappeared !
I find it strange the info did not come from her father ,close friends or even work colleagues ?
Who was this super observant guard ?

Perhaps they were friendly?

So could it be she was desperate for love? Or to find a loving partner? I had a couple of friends who are really lovely women but were desperate for a loving long standing partner when younger and used to sleep with whoever they met on first day (which didn't happen frequently) and always the men got what was on offer for a period of time then and moved on after a while. Both remained single women all their lives to this date. Yet all they wanted was love. I know a third one who was also desperate for same thing and would sleep with anyone interested and one took advantage and pretended to love her and strung her along. Also there were men from another community you wouldn't expect her to mix with (ie like its suggested with Claudia) and that brought trouble and strife with two wives both visiting her house bringing young people (teenage children?) with them to intimidate her to stop and leave their men alone. I know many women don't chose to behave like this do this but its clear I have known a few who have and in my opinion they were all lovely women who just wanted permanent love. Is that all that Claudia wanted I wonder? JMO. EDIT: I've just realised. All the women I've referred to above were fun loving, partying, loving a laugh women.
Re CL: it seems alcohol was a common factor. It would explain why some family/ friends didn't recognise the persona being described.

Yes she was getting on and probably wanted to be like her older sister married with children and why not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop