UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay you might believe Gone is no way the whole story but you do believe it is factual ?
No-Censored by MD
Someone knows exactly what you’re talking about unless Rodney Ballard was a complete liar he got the info from a living person and the family or friends must know where it’s coming from !
But accidents do happen kids often walk in on their parents or older siblings but they are not kidnapped/ murderd years later because of it . True or false should not have any bearings in trying to find out who hurt Claudia .No one is perfect !
Did anyone say that Claudia walked in on her parents or perhaps only one of them with someone else?
Something so terrible it split the marriage and disturbed Claudia for life.

Last edited:
@Popejohn3 Do you believe that the police released these pictures specifically for your benefit?
Once COVID -19 is over, get yourself down to the local library and check the photos out.
I was hoping this case would be solved as soon as Covid is over and there would not be any need for more investigations !

He said he knew her-Now working at York Uni would have brought her in contact with many people

When investigating a case I would look for possible links to people.
Ok so IF Tang Hall Man is Mark Anthony Ford Thompson he did have links to the college his wife Adriana was a York University lecturer he had various jobs one of which was a painter and decorator (he had painted some of the uni student accom) also worth noting that he had worked as a 'waiter'. He was into boxing and marital arts and gave private martial arts and self defense lessons ( kilamanjaoro ) he also appeared in martial arts videos on Youtube under the name Black Dragon and Black dragon Heart General which featured a fellow student at York Uni Sam Herbertson and another man who appeared on tham as Jay Blue or Rock Star Warlord which they performed on banks of the River Ouse (Rowntree Park)

Wasn't it said he had done some work on CL's house at some point?

Surely at the time police would've investigate his whereabouts in the build up to CL disappearing or indeed his name would've come up again when he was sent down in 2014. If nothing developed then he probably wasn't involved but clearly a very dangerous man in York and would've been known to police anyway.

Just sounds a too good to be true lead and well it's not like the police haven't had years to look into his whereabouts in March 2009.

Edit: Just reading through page 36. It's mad the guy in the co-op was never identified, it's a very clear ID (compared to all the activity around CL's house) and it's fair to say York isn't a hugely multicultural city so you'd have though someone would've known of him when the story was ran in April 2009 and contacted police.

Another odd aspect of this case.

So has he been arrested for the Claudia disappearance,?
Were the others in the group arrested or questioned and were they able to throw any light on Ford and had they been with him on previous occasions and did he go on to abduct or rape / attempt to rape many others when with them?

This has shades of Halliwell. He would have had to have provided an Alibi for where he was on the night / morning of Claudias disappearance as would the group who were with him in 2013.

Theres an awful lot of work to do here and caution is needed.
You have to realise that went Claudia went missing MT was not on the police radar even though
had committed an offence on feb 29 2009. He accosted a woman as she walked home late at night in coney st York pushing her into a doorway and it was only when a bouncer and a member of the public came running to her aid on hearing her screams that she was rescued MT didnt bat an eyelid he attempted to convince the two men that she was his girlfriend but they were having none of it. The woman made a report and MT was arrested he was questioned but bluffed his way out of it. The woman said she felt shocked and let down when a police woman turned up on her door 2 weeks later and said it wouldnt be taken further.
In 2013 in York town centre he abducted a young woman in the early hours of the morning as she left her job as barmaid he put her in a headlock and took her to where he parked his white van she said he had blocked up the windows with dustbin bags. He drove her around between York and malton raping her multiple times over a 5 hour period telling her if she didnt give him what he wanted he would kill her. eventually when he stopped at a traffic light she managed to escape running through the streets until luckily she fell into the arms of a retired policeman. MT was was arrested the next day his van had been caught on cctv. It was only after this crime had been made public that 2 other victims came forward.. the CPS reviewed the case of the Feb 20o9 incident and over ruled the decision not to take it further thus adding it to case.
On sentenacing him Judge Taylor said ‘You are one of the most dangerous offenders I have ever had to deal with in my entire judicial career.
‘You will not take no for an answer, you will pursue women even into their own homes. In my view you pose a significant risk to women for many, many years into the future.’

Im my opinion when the police started this investigation they were working with quite rightly focusing on the people Claudia knew the thing is thing is with the activities and type of people at the NH,revelations about CL's personal life thats they way they pursued the investigation.

But is that its possible that the person who really caused her disappearance was just beginning to offend he was on the periphery they wouldnt have even given him a thought at that stage infact it wasnt until 4 years later that he committed the crime that showed him to be the dangerous person he was. Even though they tracked his offending back to Feb 2009.
If he acted alone then no wonder she disappeared off the face of the earth no one else involved no one would tell.
He has a very interesting background and marriage.A wife who defended him till the end.. An intelligent attractive woman described as delusional because of her refusal to accept his guilt.

I couldnt not be interested in him.. some of the reason why I referred to earlier today.
Waiting all these weeks is fustrating because I feel a sense of urgency due to the Covid situation but it is what it is
It all depends on wether Tang Hall Man is him. If it is all it does is provide a start point then it will be in the hands of the police.

Last edited:
Wasn't it said he had done some work on CL's house at some point?

Surely at the time police would've investigate his whereabouts in the build up to CL disappearing or indeed his name would've come up again when he was sent down in 2014. If nothing developed then he probably wasn't involved but clearly a very dangerous man in York and would've been known to police anyway.

Just sounds a too good to be true lead and well it's not like the police haven't had years to look into his whereabouts in March 2009.

Edit: Just reading through page 36. It's mad the guy in the co-op was never identified, it's a very clear ID (compared to all the activity around CL's house) and it's fair to say York isn't a hugely multicultural city so you'd have though someone would've known of him when the story was ran in April 2009 and contacted police.

Another odd aspect of this case.
Keep-it-real is only proposing that MT could be the Tang hall man not necessarily the perpetrator !

Theres an awful lot of work to do here and caution is needed.
You have to realise that went Claudia went missing MT was not on the police radar even though
had committed an offence on feb 29 2009. He accosted a woman as she walked home late at night in coney st York pushing her into a doorway and it was only when a bouncer and a member of the public came running to her aid on hearing her screams that she was rescued MT didnt bat an eyelid he attempted to convince the two men that she was his girlfriend but they were having none of it. The woman made a report and MT was arrested he was questioned but bluffed his way out of it. The woman said she felt shocked and let down when a police woman turned up on her door 2 weeks later and said it wouldnt be taken further.
In 2013 in York town centre he abducted a young woman in the early hours of the morning as she left her job as barmaid he put her in a headlock and took her to where he parked his white van she said he had blocked up the windows with dustbin bags. He drove her around between York and malton raping her multiple times over a 5 hour period telling her if she didnt give him what he wanted he would kill her. eventually when he stopped at a traffic light she managed to escape running through the streets until luckily she fell into the arms of a retired policeman. MT was was arrested the next day his van had been caught on cctv. It was only after this crime had been made public that 2 other victims came forward.. the CPS reviewed the case of the Feb 20o9 incident and over ruled the decision not to take it further thus adding it to case.
On sentenacing him Judge Taylor said ‘You are one of the most dangerous offenders I have ever had to deal with in my entire judicial career.
‘You will not take no for an answer, you will pursue women even into their own homes. In my view you pose a significant risk to women for many, many years into the future.’

Im my opinion when the police started this investigation they were working with quite rightly focusing on the people Claudia knew the thing is thing is with the activities and type of people at the NH,revelations about CL's personal life thats they way they pursued the investigation.

But is that its possible that the person who really caused her disappearance was just beginning to offend he was on the periphery they wouldnt have even given him a thought at that stage infact it wasnt until 4 years later that he committed the crime that showed him to be the dangerous person he was. Even though they tracked his offending back to Feb 2009.
If he acted alone then no wonder she disappeared off the face of the earth no one else involved no one would tell.
He has a very interesting background and marriage.A wife who defended him till the end.. An intelligent attractive woman described as delusional because of her refusal to accept his guilt.

I couldnt not be interested in him.. some of the reason why I referred to earlier today.
Waiting all these weeks is fustrating because I feel a sense of urgency due to the Covid situation but it is what it is
It all depends on wether Tang Hall Man is him. If it is all it does is provide a start point then it will be in the hands of the police.
Claudias disappearance doesn't always have to be attributed to someone known to offend though?

The bus CCTV showed it wasn't right outside her house, more a few houses up (unless I'm confusing it with the white van).

Anyway given it's an aerial shot where did the footage of said truck come from, camera on top of some lights or another shop?

Edit: Didn't read the full article, seems it was another passing bus.

Last edited:
I’m getting confused here are you talking to me pj3 or MajorLang ? If it’s me ( pj3 ) why not answer or quote me direct ?
Calm down. I was talking to the person who posted, Major Lang, adding my opinion about repeated quotes from the same book. It is fine when used for background on her upbringing but when used as a definitive point of reference for all aspects of this case, it should be used with other sources. Particularly with ref to events post 2013 when it was published. My opinion.

Last edited:
Keep-it-real is only proposing that MT could be the Tang hall man not necessarily the perpetrator !

Yeah yeah I probably went a little far. It does seem incredible though that tang hall man whoever he was dosen't seem to have been identified. Co-op is miles away from the city centre so it was very unlikely to be a day tripper visiting York so more likely someone living locally. Can't believe given the appeal that went out in April 2009 that no one could id him given his appearence and wearing a cap.

Interesting looking at the timeline of Mark Thompson. Tried to attack a female in Feb 2009 and according to article when he was sent down he assualted someone else in 2009 although no month was given. Then seemingly nothing until 2013 which got him jailed.

When you look at a few high profile rapists in UK they do strike quickly after the first "hit"

Antoni Imiela - Wikipedia

Levi Bellfield - Wikipedia

Just wondering what stopped him in the four years from committing more attacks unless they weren't reported to police. Perhaps the high profile nature of CL case in those first 18 months meant he kept his head down for that period, even if he wasn't involved.

The bus CCTV showed it wasn't right outside her house, more a few houses up (unless I'm confusing it with the white van).

Anyway given it's an aerial shot where did the footage of said van come from, camera on top of some lights or another shop?
The white van was parked fully on the kerb outside Quartz Travel near the chippy, facing towards the traffic lights as the bus turned into Heworth Road. Definitely worth pursuing if only for the parking violation. It was caught by the bus cctv. I haven't seen an aerial shot?
The Ford Ranger 4x4 was parked outside no 48 nearer to the pub but there was another car in front of it, which was outside no. 46, CL's home.

Calm down. I was talking to the person who posted, Major Lang, adding my opinion about repeated quotes from the same book. It is fine when used for background on her upbringing but when used as a definitive point of reference for all aspects of this case, it should be used in conjunction with other sources. Particularly with ref to events post 2013 when it was published. My opinion.
Yes and in fairness to the book there are about 5 pages in Bibliography section where the author Neil root gets info from and most of this info Martin Dale and co had very little influence

Claudias disappearance doesn't always have to be attributed to someone known to offend though?

No your absolutely right.. Lets keep an open mind

And most certainly that black truck outside her home is equally as interesting Ive done some work on it but if something happened to her that night that trucks involved I caught a fleeting glimpse of the person in the white tshirt with the blue jacket the person in the white cap and the dark fronted jacket and white sleeves as his arms around her as if hed come up from her from behind the persons slumped with her (I think its a female) head lolled back and her arm looks limp. I dont know if they are larking about or not! I went to take a screen shot and hit the wrong button I tell you I could have thrown the b***d* laptop out the window. now I got to start all over again.
Theres was also a guy sat on the tail board jeans dark jumper short dark hair he doesnt look comfortable I thought his hands are behind his back??
It got me thinking and it is just a thought i wonder if she was in the house with a guy and his wife turned up at the door and they karted them both off.
Im confused at this stage are these images of people true to the scene or are they images that have been overlaid onto the cctv to diguise to obscure the scene.
Its over to you Zozzer .. hope youve been to Specsavers :confused:

Anyway given it's an aerial shot where did the footage of said truck come from, camera on top of some lights or another shop?

Edit: Didn't read the full article, seems it was another passing bus.

Your right its a much more elevated view than the height of the bus cam. I need some decent software I def like to get ariels like that.
Perhaps cam from another large vehicle?
I see the truck right outside her house..The white van was further up the road it was parked outside Quartz travel

Very early on in the investigation police kept asking about information re dark truck .Eventually the police were satisfied with the owner’s explanation re truck .And at the very least one of the people you are seeing around the truck would most probably be the driver and his passengers . The police would not have just asked questions about the truck but would want to know who was there !

Yeah yeah I probably went a little far. It does seem incredible though that tang hall man whoever he was dosen't seem to have been identified. Co-op is miles away from the city centre so it was very unlikely to be a day tripper visiting York so more likely someone living locally. Can't believe given the appeal that went out in April 2009 that no one could id him given his appearence and wearing a cap.

Interesting looking at the timeline of Mark Thompson. Tried to attack a female in Feb 2009 and according to article when he was sent down he assualted someone else in 2009 although no month was given. Then seemingly nothing until 2013 which got him jailed.

When you look at a few high profile rapists in UK they do strike quickly after the first "hit"

Antoni Imiela - Wikipedia

Levi Bellfield - Wikipedia

Just wondering what stopped him in the four years from committing more attacks unless they weren't reported to police. Perhaps the high profile nature of CL case in those first 18 months meant he kept his head down for that period, even if he wasn't involved.

he met his wife Adriana in 2006 in Tanzania he had been there since 2005 giving free martial arts lessons she was their studying enviromental subjects. I think he visited there certainly in 2012 they appear to be on holiday in Australia and the same year in Nov sees him on video practicing martial arts with someone in Jamacia Nov 2012

Im continuing looking at cctv footage and as usual found some interesting activity around the bus cam footage .. I cant understand why the police havent focused on it more..
Because of the speed of the bus poor light and bus windsreen its not easy to get clear images..
Clearly there was a group around the truck 2 I find interested but after multiple attempts I think Ive found something quite interesting.
Look very closely because I am sure that I could see 2 people in Claudias doorway,and when I zoomed in my opinion I can see the door is open and a woman with long hair wearing a white Tshirt stood in the doorway and another person possiblya woman wearing a light coloured top garment.
If this is Claudia and the the bus passed at approx 9.01pm then the reason she didnt reply to SS text was because she had a visitor!.
Ive attached the still its not brilliant but download load it and then zoom in slowly.. as always you will have to give your eyes time to focus.

View attachment 248412

I can't see that at all but I will take your expert eye on it

I know referencing ‘Gone’ isn’t really favoured around these here parts!

However, I thought this interesting considering we’ve recently discussed the perp possibly having a connection with the University.

Could one of the builders using the canteen have taken a shine to her? Could he be the person in the rusty white van?? I guess it’s possible he could’ve followed her home one day, found out where she lived and decided to drive past and offer her a lift early morning. I think it seems likely she’d accept a lift from anyone she recognised.

Attachments

• FE5427AF-1017-4F55-BE10-C147AD83496A.jpeg
    FE5427AF-1017-4F55-BE10-C147AD83496A.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics