Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No-Censored by MD

Did anyone say that Claudia walked in on her parents or perhaps only one of them with someone else?
Something so terrible it split the marriage and disturbed Claudia for life.

The latter - that is what I read into it.

I know referencing ‘Gone’ isn’t really favoured around these here parts!
However, I thought this interesting considering we’ve recently discussed the perp possibly having a connection with the University?
Could one of the builders using the canteen have taken a shine to her? Could he be the person in the rusty white van?? I guess it’s possible he could’ve followed her home one day, found out where she lived and decided to drive past and offer her a lift early morning. I think it seems likely she’d accept a lift from anyone she recognised.
There were certainly lots of construction workers on the York uni site - the university developments were very large contracts - and as we know, many from the trade frequented the Nag's Head including people who worked at the university as either staff or contractor.

91FE8B2B-D225-4A3E-9D2C-C869CCD98A64.jpeg 81BFA51E-AC47-410D-8104-C54E9BACC53F.jpeg 84343229-9BB0-4D0B-AA23-AE4DF7DB3269.jpeg
There were certainly lots of construction workers on the York uni site - the university developments were very large contracts - and as we know, many from the trade frequented the Nag's Head including people who worked at the university as either staff or contractor.

It’s certainly something to consider. As always though, all roads seem to lead back to the Nags Head.

I spent a couple of hours last night reading through some old threads on the Facebook group and there’s actually some really interesting stuff on there.
This post from 3 weeks stood out to me, mainly because of the zoomed in still from CCTV revealing a smoking man. I’m not sure if this is something that has already been discussed here?
Also I can’t distinguish exactly which CCTV this is taken from as the poster doesn’t really make that clear? If it’s from the car braking CCTV then why is this image black and white? Wasn’t the car braking footage colour?

*pictures attached to top of post for some reason

Last edited:
Yes and in fairness to the book there are about 5 pages in Bibliography section where the author Neil root gets info from and most of this info Martin Dale and co had very little influence
View attachment 248581 View attachment 248582 View attachment 248583

It’s certainly something to consider. As always though, all roads seem to lead back to the Nags Head.

I spent a couple of hours last night reading through some old threads on the Facebook group and there’s actually some really interesting stuff on there.
This post from 3 weeks stood out to me, mainly because of the zoomed in still from CCTV revealing a smoking man. I’m not sure if this is something that has already been discussed here?
Also I can’t distinguish exactly which CCTV this is taken from as the poster doesn’t really make that clear? If it’s from the car braking CCTV then why is this image black and white? Wasn’t the car braking footage colour?

*pictures attached to top of post for some reason
i believe that it was turned to black and white tonimprove definition and clarity.
The colour version people tended to blend in with or could even be trees. If you change to black and white the people tend to stand out more easily.
This is why I say that Thompson and cool man are not even worth considering. we have the evening cctv from the bus, alleyman both evening and morning and as has been identified on here before, people around at the time of the braking car. A period of over 11 hours of activity around Claudias house.
It was suggested that Thompson could have partied with many and then got Claudia on her own?? But then did the others come back to assist him-Highly unlikely I believe. They were there to sort things out and ensure that her disappearance was as clean as it was.
Its a good job that some of the Sleuths in this case don't work for the police as there is a tendency to victimise (Halliwell and Thompson) known criminals rather than seek out what really happened.

I know referencing ‘Gone’ isn’t really favoured around these here parts! However, I thought this interesting considering we’ve recently discussed the perp possibly having a connection with the University. Could one of the builders using the canteen have taken a shine to her? Could he be the person in the rusty white van?? I guess it’s possible he could’ve followed her home one day, found out where she lived and decided to drive past and offer her a lift early morning. I think it seems likely she’d accept a lift from anyone she recognised.
There's a difference between selective referencing and having it rammed down your throat. You raise a very reasonable point. I'm sure there will have been times when she was 'front of house' and regular visitors to the cafe could have become stalkers. If they happened to pass through Heworth on the way home, or even live there and drink in the NH, then that ups the ante further.

just to. get back to what she walked in on as a child....I think it was one of. her parents and someone else, too....so you can imagine they'd say...this. doesn't mean I don't love your father or mother...

sorry for the diversion...it doesn't help us solve who took or killed her, but I think it helps explain her behaviour and attitudes.

I don't think she had mild learning difficulties, but you never know.

everyone says oh it was odd, she went to a good school, but was unambitious....well, money would get you into that school

im not being nasty...I have a family member wh0 has mild learning difficulties and everyone thinks they're just a bit immature.

no doubt the field Marshall will know...well, he upgraded me from a. robot

just to. get back to what she walked in on as a child....I think it was one of. her parents and someone else, too....so you can imagine they'd say...this. doesn't mean I don't love your father or mother...

sorry for the diversion...it doesn't help us solve who took or killed her, but I think it helps explain her behaviour and attitudes.

everyone says oh it was odd, she went to a good school, but was unambitious....well, money would get you into that school

im not being nasty...I have a family member wh0 has mild learning difficulties and everyone thinks they're just a bit immature.

Talking about what happened 10 /15 years earlier is not going to help the investigation one bit !
Claudia must have said things in confidence and this person ( if true that is ?) have let her down !
Move on !

With respect: Her behaviour and attitude do not need explaining.

Rodney the "medium" who as @Popejohn3 correctly states, got his information from talking to the living (On his visits to the Nags Head) rather than from the voices of the dead.
He believed that Claudia walked in on something horrendous when she was a child / young teen.
Now it may not have been at home but perhaps when she was providing a babysitting service to one of her Dads very good friends.
I appreciate that this is highly speculative and is IMO.
This is why he conveyed a message from her that said "Claudia Regretably Lawrence"

Talking about what happened 10 /15 years earlier is not going to help the investigation one bit !
Claudia must have said things in confidence and this person ( if true that is ?) have let her down !
Move on !
In the absence of a motive @Popejohn3 we should look at the very controversial area of the family early life.

What is the name of the FB group Deadbeat-I saw these on an FB group about 3 weeks ago? The person in Boise looks like they are stood on the bonnet of a car and pointing a gun?

@MajorLang , the group is called:
Missing Person - Claudia Lawrence
AKA “the tea and sympathy group” :D

You have to sift through a lot of posts though to find the stuff that could be helpful to the investigation. I will therefore only post here things I think relevant to the case and I will post them whilst keeping the original poster anonymous as I think that’s fair.

There was a thread on there that was quite long regarding a man who had asked to join the group. Below his request had stated that his ex girlfriend had said she had once been out with a man who said he killed Claudia. People in the group obviously pressed him for more information. All he would say is that the first mans name is Mark and he wore combats all the time. When people asked for a surname or more info he just said that his life was in danger and then became verbally abusive and was later banned. It was generally alluded to that the guy was an attention seeker/hoaxer although a few people weren’t so sure. The guy said he’d told police and they weren’t interested which also sounded suspect. Just thought I’d mention it.

You have to sift through a lot of posts though to find the stuff that could be helpful to the investigation. I will therefore only post here things I think relevant to the case and I will post them whilst keeping the original poster anonymous as I think that’s fair.

There was a thread on there that was quite long regarding a man who had asked to join the group. Below his request had stated that his ex girlfriend had said she had once been out with a man who said he killed Claudia. People in the group obviously pressed him for more information. All he would say is that the first mans name is Mark and he wore combats all the time. When people asked for a surname or more info he just said that his life was in danger and then became verbally abusive and was later banned. It was generally alluded to that the guy was an attention seeker/hoaxer although a few people weren’t so sure. The guy said he’d told police and they weren’t interested which also sounded suspect. Just thought I’d mention it.

Dont know about anyone else but I have a 'Mark' on my suspect list

Seems Im missing out a lot not having Facebook

So you believe what Rodney Ballard said do you?
Rodney spent time visiting Heworth Road, the Nags Head and talking to people that provided him with information that they wouldn't provide to press or police.
I looked in detail at when and why he was sectioned and interestingly it was when he started to be more controversial and start asking questions.
You have to ask why someone who was not of a physical threat to anyone was sectioned at a time he was dying of a terminal illness and whist his body wouldn't win the fight his mind still could.

It's worth reading his work as some is far more insightful than that provided by those who just want to throw Halliwell and Thompson under the bus and then steer us clear of the real perps.

Last edited:
So he sto

There was a thread on there that was quite long regarding a man who had asked to join the group. Below his request had stated that his ex girlfriend had said she had once been out with a man who said he killed Claudia. People in the group obviously pressed him for more information. All he would say is that the first mans name is Mark and he wore combats all the time. When people asked for a surname or more info he just said that his life was in danger and then became verbally abusive and was later banned. It was generally alluded to that the guy was an attention seeker/hoaxer although a few people weren’t so sure. The guy said he’d told police and they weren’t interested which also sounded suspect. Just thought I’d mention it.[/QUOTE
Thank you @Deadbeat
So he stole the content from the FB group
"Claudia Lawrence 11 Years of lies" which is where it originated.
He must then have added the bit about the persons name and so FYI he was clearly an online Troll.
Jill Rianton, the T and S group owner has conflicting interests as she knows Peter Ruane very well through her partner as I have already mentioned and so she will be doing her best to suppress the post for worry that something could bite her mates.
Not a nice group and should be investigated by police but is supported by JK and SC and Peter Lawrence / Martin Dales.

A very interesting case. Where there is as much mystique online as there is in the case itself.
Many don't want this case to be solved.

Rodney spent time visiting Heworth Road, the Nags head and talking to people that provided him with information that they wouldn't provide to press or police.
I looked in detail at when and why he was sectioned and interestingly it was when he started to be more controversial and start many asking questions.
You have to aske why someone who was not of a physical threat to anyone was sectioned at a time he was dying of a terminal illness and whist his body wouldn't win the fight his mind still could.

it's worth reading his work as some is far more insightful than that provided by those who just want to throw Halliwell and Thompson under the bus and the steer us clear of the real perps.

Im just trying to ascertain if you believe what he said or not? Yes or No would do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop