DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@MajorLang , the group is called:
Missing Person - Claudia Lawrence
AKA “the tea and sympathy group” :D

You have to sift through a lot of posts though to find the stuff that could be helpful to the investigation. I will therefore only post here things I think relevant to the case and I will post them whilst keeping the original poster anonymous as I think that’s fair.

There was a thread on there that was quite long regarding a man who had asked to join the group. Below his request had stated that his ex girlfriend had said she had once been out with a man who said he killed Claudia. People in the group obviously pressed him for more information. All he would say is that the first mans name is Mark and he wore combats all the time. When people asked for a surname or more info he just said that his life was in danger and then became verbally abusive and was later banned. It was generally alluded to that the guy was an attention seeker/hoaxer although a few people weren’t so sure. The guy said he’d told police and they weren’t interested which also sounded suspect. Just thought I’d mention it.
He wouldn't be the first.
Durham murderer who claimed he also killed missing chef Claudia Lawrence jailed for life

In the absence of a motive @Popejohn3 we should look at the very controversial area of the family early life.
But I’m sure you can appreciate one has to keep the sympathy of the general public if you want them to assist the police .
It a lot easier for most of us that are not directly involved but if you happen to know something important about the perpetrator, chances are the perpetrator knows about you too !
I bet that many people do not believe that Crimestoppers are completely anonymous !
I also think that sometimes police slip up and divulge their source of information unwittingly.
This is probably why some people contact ‘meduim’ or even police but give vague information .

Just looking at the CCTV of the silver car again and it really is going at some speed before it slams on the brake. Definitely breaking the speed limit, probably because it was early morning and there wasn’t much on the road. It really could be the case that this person hit Claudia and that’s when we see the brakes going on. Then in panic they’ve put the body in the boot. It’s not the most likely scenario but it’s definitely a theory worth considering.

I’ve pondered this. I think whoever was in the silver car saw something they didn’t want to and perhaps ran her over in fury, leading to her being gone before she hit the ground perhaps ... a man (smoking) and woman are on the street shortly before the car whizzes past...

Firstly I have made reference to who I Think the Tang Hall man was on the thread before and gave my reasons.
I passed this to the Cold Case team some weeks ago they are in contact me. At this stage I am only looking to try and identify Tang Hall man.
Obviously since then I have been trying to choose my words carefully on the forum but a decision about identity from the Cold Case is paramount and where I was hoping I would have had that eitherway by now the fact that there has been a recent murder in York has held thing up which is understandable.
No doubt the Corona Virus situation has also had effect.
While a little fustrating in waiting for that decision I continue to work on researching any details personal and other in relation to this individual and anyone connected to him/college.

As I said before I drew attention to the man standing beside the truck because I noted they clothing resembled similar to that of Tang Hall man and worth noting nothing more at this stage.
I am also interested in one other person in that group.

Clearly there will be a lot to discuss and share here and I am happy to do that for anyone interested and I understand that if the person I think is Tang Hall man could be extremely important to the case. but I repeat I am still waiting on a decision from Cold Case regarding confirmation of identity.
The guy who drives that black truck is white (or tanned / olive more likely). You can see his arms in a google image pic or the same truck in the same area if it isn’t him. Sadly his face is blurred out. So it ain’t tang hall man in the black truck...

@MajorLang ..My team have lots on tape, cold case conversations and also one of a "criminologist" who initially said they were involved in the Claudia case and gave finite details of how Claudia came to her end in the Nags Car Park. Unfortunately, both the cold case team and the criminologist retracted and backtracked / changed their stories.
I know many in WS defend police withholding of evidence but I have experience first hand where it is more than this.
It turned out that the criminologist who then had their own FB group he'd more theories than hot dinners. Again like Tang Hall man we put this down to massive attention seeking.

Like I say again at this stage I AM JUST LOOKING AT TRYING TO IDENTIFY Tang Hall Man. I believe there are certain things about him that could be identifiable and I believe I can see these characteristics in the person I believe it to be.

If the police say its not the person I believe it to be then so beit.. But they believe its worth pursuing so lets just wait and see.
As soon as I have a reply I will let you know. Its only then we can either move on with it or put it aside. If they have checked the things I have asked about and its not him I will accept it. Ive got no problem with that.
Not being funny but I doubt massively the Claudia Lawrence cold case team is liaising with a member of the public unless you’re actually a copper ... which I doubt

In 2013, having become a painter and decorator, he was introduced to a 32-year-old woman by a mutual friend in a pub.
She rebuffed his advances.
When they went back to her house with a group, he tried to get into bed with her.
He was asked to leave, only to return when the woman was alone.
She used a knife to get him out of the house, only for him to come back again and she fled outside to hide.

York rapist jailed for life
He drove a white Astra van I believe not a black 4x4 not sure what his wife the uni woman drove. However one of the other Individuals living near Claudia and who went to nags also had access to (if it wasn’t their own) a rusty white van looking like the one on cctv. This can be seen at their work place in March 2009 in google street view ...

Theres an awful lot of work to do here and caution is needed.
You have to realise that went Claudia went missing MT was not on the police radar even though
had committed an offence on feb 29 2009. He accosted a woman as she walked home late at night in coney st York pushing her into a doorway and it was only when a bouncer and a member of the public came running to her aid on hearing her screams that she was rescued MT didnt bat an eyelid he attempted to convince the two men that she was his girlfriend but they were having none of it. The woman made a report and MT was arrested he was questioned but bluffed his way out of it. The woman said she felt shocked and let down when a police woman turned up on her door 2 weeks later and said it wouldnt be taken further.
In 2013 in York town centre he abducted a young woman in the early hours of the morning as she left her job as barmaid he put her in a headlock and took her to where he parked his white van she said he had blocked up the windows with dustbin bags. He drove her around between York and malton raping her multiple times over a 5 hour period telling her if she didnt give him what he wanted he would kill her. eventually when he stopped at a traffic light she managed to escape running through the streets until luckily she fell into the arms of a retired policeman. MT was was arrested the next day his van had been caught on cctv. It was only after this crime had been made public that 2 other victims came forward.. the CPS reviewed the case of the Feb 20o9 incident and over ruled the decision not to take it further thus adding it to case.
On sentenacing him Judge Taylor said ‘You are one of the most dangerous offenders I have ever had to deal with in my entire judicial career.
‘You will not take no for an answer, you will pursue women even into their own homes. In my view you pose a significant risk to women for many, many years into the future.’

Im my opinion when the police started this investigation they were working with quite rightly focusing on the people Claudia knew the thing is thing is with the activities and type of people at the NH,revelations about CL's personal life thats they way they pursued the investigation.

But is that its possible that the person who really caused her disappearance was just beginning to offend he was on the periphery they wouldnt have even given him a thought at that stage infact it wasnt until 4 years later that he committed the crime that showed him to be the dangerous person he was. Even though they tracked his offending back to Feb 2009.
If he acted alone then no wonder she disappeared off the face of the earth no one else involved no one would tell.
He has a very interesting background and marriage.A wife who defended him till the end.. An intelligent attractive woman described as delusional because of her refusal to accept his guilt.

I couldnt not be interested in him.. some of the reason why I referred to earlier today.
Waiting all these weeks is fustrating because I feel a sense of urgency due to the Covid situation but it is what it is
It all depends on wether Tang Hall Man is him. If it is all it does is provide a start point then it will be in the hands of the police.
He was on the police radar. He had been arrested already and let go. Get your facts straight ...

He drove a white Astra van I believe not a black 4x4 not sure what his wife the uni woman drove. However one of the other Individuals living near Claudia and who went to nags also had access to (if it wasn’t their own) a rusty white van looking like the one on cctv. This can be seen at their work place in March 2009 in google street view ...
And it's an Astra van too.

He was on the police radar. He had been arrested already and let go. Get your facts straight ...
Hmm this is exactly what keep-it-real had said !
Please read from the top ie 29?th feb 2009 that’s about 18 days before Claudia vanished !

Last edited:
Here’s another ‘enhanced CCTV’ image from the Facebook group. Again, posting as they are recent.

In that second photo (on the right) it looks to me like blue person has a person slumped over their shoulder. I'm no expert but that is what it appeared like to me. Carrying someone floppy over their shoulder. Perhaps they are just chunky or wearing a chunky coat and it appears that way to me? Is this from before Claudia went missing?

I think you could also do the same at times. I was adding context
Dont know about anyone else but I have a 'Mark' on my suspect list

Seems Im missing out a lot not having Facebook
Not being funny but I doubt massively the Claudia Lawrence cold case team is liaising with a member of the public unless you’re actually a copper ... which I doubt
I appreciate you find it difficult to believe but I mentioned this as fact and for those that know me well on this thread they will know that I am not making this up.
You have chosen to doubt me over this but let me just say, it's your loss and I won't lose any sleep over it.
There is so much to disbelieve on this thread but make the right choice and back the right horse.
That's the advice I give to you.

in Feb 2009 He was arrested for pushing a woman into a doorway and thrusting his groin onto her he bluffed his way through the interview and was never charged..
Claudia went missing in 2009
Mark Anthony Ford Thompson did not abduct a victim until 2013

I didnt suggest he was the driver? I pointed out that the man stood next to the drivers door was wearing a white cap and a dark fronted jacket with light sleeves which was similar to the clothing the man at The Tang Hall Coap was wearing.

I think you could also do the same at times. I was adding context

I appreciate you find it difficult to believe but I mentioned this as fact and for those that know me well on this thread they will know that I am not making this up.
You have chosen to doubt me over this but let me just say, it's your loss and I won't lose any sleep over it.
There is so much to disbelieve on this thread but make the right choice and back the right horse.
That's the advice I give to you.
Not sure I know who is talking here is it the major or keep-it-real ?

I think you may have misread my post at no point did I suggest he owned the black truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop