UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m almost convinced the braking car plays a part in this and the front of that shop is opposite Claudia’s house I believe
Quartz Travel is quite a way further along, past the school, if you check Googlemaps. Unfortunately a couple of papers got the caption for the white Astra mixed up. The part of Heworth Rd. where CL lived has residential houses opposite.

There seems to be a lot going on that Wednesday night ... was car park full ? Was there anything special going on that night at the NH ?

Weds night were usually student nights when I was at uni so although it's a couple of miles from York Uni the pub was right by students living in that area so I assume they'd have put something on to attract more.

Pub quizs could happen any night although usually a Sunday where I live and given she belted out Elton John painfully on a regular basis I assume they did karaoke nights. @moonsafari would confirm anyway if she hasn't already previously.

I assume given she was comfortably inviting her dad to the NH on a regular basis she also invited some of her work colleagues there on occasions if they didn't live too far so that must be another angle the police looked at some stage.

Weds night were usually student nights when I was at uni so although it's a couple of miles from York Uni the pub was right by students living in that area so I assume they'd have put something on to attract more.

Pub quizs could happen any night although usually a Sunday where I live and given she belted out Elton John painfully on a regular basis I assume they did karaoke nights. @moonsafari would confirm anyway if she hasn't already previously.

I assume given she was comfortably inviting her dad to the NH on a regular basis she also invited some of her work colleagues there on occasions if they didn't live too far so that must be another angle the police looked at some stage.
I believe it was football night

They may take witness statements or new information from the public but would they discuss evidence / have a back and forth with some joe public in what is still a live murder case and compromise a potential trial in the future when said people go on sites like this or Facebook and share alleged cold cases team input? From the criminal cases I’ve seen it’s not happened and I’ve seen more than a few large scale historical investigations in my time where the public have been in involved, all sexual granted ... I’ll be intrigued for a reply.
I have explained my position in a previous reply regarding cold case contacts. They do have a number you can call and they do pick up and respond to enquiries.

I’ve. Another two pics that can’t upload cause of size showing the back of her house and the alley next to the nags which was a rear entrance to her house from the image caption...
No need for you to upload as we have discussed this before and it was possible to get from Claudias house rear garden gate to Nags Car Park.

Never really thought about this aspect before but Alleyman could have checked out The rear of her house more easily by comming from Nags Head Car Park.
If that was what he was doing?

Now this is the interesting bit

Did he go the Heworth Place way because he WANTED to be caught on camera???
And why?

Or

was he not checking the rear of her house but going further into Heworth Place-To meet someone or get something from a parked car???

I believe it was football night

Evening of Weds 18th March actually had little football of interest to casual fans.

The european games were Ajax-Marseille and St Etienne-Werder Bremen so no English teams involved so I really don't think that would have pulled the crowds in. Man. City played the following night.

No need for you to upload as we have discussed this before and it was possible to get from Claudias house rear garden gate to Nags Car Park.

Never really thought about this aspect before but Alleyman could have checked out The rear of her house more easily by comming from Nags Head Car Park.
If that was what he was doing?

Now this is the interesting bit

Did he go the Heworth Place way because he WANTED to be caught on camera???
And why?

Or

was he not checking the rear of her house but going further into Heworth Place-To meet someone or get something from a parked car???

I would Also add

Did he live in the Limes complex
OR
Did he have a friend that lived in the Limes Complex

We know Richard Cartwright owned rental properties in Heworth Place and he rented them as student lets Im looking to find the names of these students.. Does anyone know any of them by any chance.

I would Also add

Did he live in the Limes complex
OR
Did he have a friend that lived in the Limes Complex
Even though we don't see where he went, if you check Google maps, he was either entering the alley behind Claudias house or walking further down Heworth Place. If he had wanted to visit someone or lived at Limes Complex he would be walking in the wrong direction. Who could he visit for such a short period.
Was it an exchange of something or a key pick up?
Interestingly there was a combi key box outside the front door of 15 Heworth Place. Could keys for Claudias be left in that key box?

You might find some of them on the free electoral roll.

Ok good....

I understand Richard cartwright was found dead at his home.. I know he had cancer but friends remarked they he looked well.
I understand his death was unexpected and he died of a heart attack am I correct?

We know Richard Cartwright owned rental properties in Heworth Place and he rented them as student lets Im looking to find the names of these students.. Does anyone know any of them by any chance.
I've checked the occupiers before and none appeared relevant. PR now owns 15 Heworth Place and at the time of Ckaudias disappearance he had moved out of his family home that was further afield. SR I believe may have lived in one of the more modern houses at the end of Heworth Place. PR may have lived in Heworth Place at this time as a TransCore Van was often parked in Heworth Place

Ok good....

I understand Richard cartwright was found dead at his home.. I know he had cancer but friends remarked they he looked well.
I understand his death was unexpected and he died of a heart attack am I correct?
I've never heard of cancer mentioned. The story given to news outlets was that he was found dead and the cause was heart attack.

I've checked the occupiers before and none appeared relevant. PR now owns 15 Heworth Place and at the time of Ckaudias disappearance he had moved out of his family home that was further afield. SR I believe may have lived in one of the more modern houses at the end of Heworth Place. PR may have lived in Heworth Place at this time as a TransCore Van was often parked in Heworth Place

Thorough as always Major.. But Im just looking for students

Even though we don't see where he went, if you check Google maps, he was either entering the alley behind Claudias house or walking further down Heworth Place. If he had wanted to visit someone or lived at Limes Complex he would be walking in the wrong direction. Who could he visit for such a short period.
Was it an exchange of something or a key pick up?
Interestingly there was a combi key box outside the front door of 15 Heworth Place. Could keys for Claudias be left in that key box?

As you know I dont believe the person that walked into Heworth place was the same person that walked out.. I am interested in the tall person that walked out.
I should also add Im talking about the evening cctv.

Last edited:
Hi, I’ve spent the last week reading all the sections of this thread and learning more about the CL case. York has been my home for the last 25 years and I was working at the University of York (UoY) when CL disappeared. Only recently, however, I have developed a real interest in the case, not least because The Acomb (now Clockhouse) is 10 mins walk from my house and it is still unclear what role (if any) this part of town has played in CL’s disappearance. Whilst the focus has rightly been on Heworth and the NH, I can’t help thinking that some answers could be found in this other ‘complex’ York suburb. I’ve been asking round a few questions, pounding the streets (literally), viewing the area on Street View in years gone by and doing some research online, particularly on those who run the pub. It’s getting a little late now, but I’d be happy to share my findings, however small, in the next few days. The amount and quality of work that people on this thread have done is incredible. I don’t think I can add anymore to the cctv analysis, for example, and I agree with Major and others that people who were close to CL are responsible. But somehow I cannot get out out of my head that after CL was abducted (and probably killed) that night, she might have been taken to this part of town, at least initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop