UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New investigation into disappearance of university chef Claudia Lawrence as police return to her house four years after she went missing to comb for missed clues

...."Forensic experts are expected to spend the next two weeks inside Miss Lawrence’s terraced house on Heworth Road, York, in the hope that the latest scientific technology and techniques could yield a vital clue that was not found by the original investigators in March 2009.".....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stigation-disappearance-Claudia-Lawrence.html

This is great news. i've seen many cases where years later technology brings closure and justice for victims and their families....I hope for Claudia's parents sake this new investigation brings some resolve.

was just coming to post this,this is great news

Posting this link in. The report is about another UK woman who has recently gone missing. There's a mention of Claudia further down the page...

Meanwhile the father of a young chef who went missing in York five years ago has admitted he is desperate for Megan to be found.

The 20-year-old went missing just a mile from where Claudia Lawrence vanished in March 2009, and detectives believe she was murdered

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bility-fast-flowing-waters.html#ixzz2ryoPetWg

Lengthy article includes pics. ect.

"Family of missing Claudia Lawrence to mark her 40th birthday

6:00am Wednesday 26th February 2014 in News"

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/110...a_Lawrence_to_mark_her_40th_birthday/?ref=rss

"THE heartache and pain of bereavement often fades with time, but for the parents of missing York chef Claudia Lawrence, the uncertainty of her whereabouts has left them living in limbo.

Tomorrow is Claudia’s 40th birthday, and next month will mark the fifth anniversary of her disappearance. Her parents have spoken to Dan Bean about their experience since their daughter’s disappearance and how her absence has affected their day to day lives.

Joan Lawrence, Claudia’s mother, is mayor of Malton, and said the agony of her daughter’s disappearance is a constant regardless of how busy her life is.

She said: “Unless you’re in this situation you can’t imagine what it’s like.

“It’s harder, much harder. Time doesn’t heal because we’re in limbo and we don’t know so time doesn’t heal. People say maybe after a bereavement it does, but it’s still raw for a long, long time. We don’t know, and for us it’s very hard.”

I have always wondered whether Claudia had fallen pregnant and the baby's father had a wife/partner who he didn't want to leave, so he got rid of Claudia...

Or, in a twisted sense of good luck, be kept alive in captivity by such a couple and forced to cook...
Fanciful notion, but stranger things have happened.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/ryedale/11030594.Missing_York_chef_s_sister_s_birthday_message/

... “They said they want to start from scratch in the hope a pair of fresh eyes will bring up something new. Not knowing is so hard. Every day I live in dread of bad news.

“Until there is any evidence to say otherwise I’m holding out she is alive and being held *somewhere against her will. We’ve been through utter hell for five years and if there is someone who knows something , please, just tell the police.”

Or, in a twisted sense of good luck, be kept alive in captivity by such a couple and forced to cook...
Fanciful notion, but then again who could have imagined the whole " Whose killing off the great chefs" scandal from several years ago?

I know that we should never give up hope in these situations and that anything is possible, but I feel strongly that Claudia was murdered.

I also feel that it is very likely that her murder was related to her love life. I am not trying to question Claudia's good character, but I have heard the whispers about her love life from so many sources that I do believe them.

It is actually not uncommon for some women to be attracted to married/attached men. Its not necessarily because they are bad people as such, it can be a sign of low self-esteem. These women may get a self-esteem boost from thinking that these cheating men prefer them, to their wives/girlfriends.

However, the reality is often quite different. The cheating men are often just looking for a bit of excitement on the side, and they have no intention of leaving their wife/girlfriend.

What about this for a possible scenario?

Claudia is seeing a man who has a wife or partner, probably kids too. He is just looking for an affair, but Claudia is in love with him. He tells Claudia lots of lies to keep stringing her along. He tells Claudia that his marriage is terrible, and he loves her more than his wife. He says that he wants to leave his marriage so that he and Claudia can be together properly, but he keeps making excuses why he cannot leave yet. Claudia believes his lies.

In the end, Claudia gets fed up. She has waited for this man for a long time. She is lonely, and most of her peers are probably marrying and having children. She is 35 and aware of time starting to run out to begin a family. She has a romantic notion that if she became pregnant, her lover would finally leave his wife and come to her, and they can live happily ever after.

She does become pregnant and she tells her lover, but she doesn't get a good response. He tells her its over. He tells her that he won't support her, and that she should get rid of the baby. Maybe she becomes angry with him and threatens to let his wife know what sort of man he really is.

He panics. He doesn't want to lose his cosy life - his wife, kids, reputation and family home. He does something to Claudia to get rid of her for good.

I think so, ajc. Maybe it began when there were not too many British posters here, so the case didn't get that much attention? I saw your comment on Megan's thread, and followed it here.

I have heard of Claudia's case of course, but don't know a great deal about it. I seem to remember her disappearance getting kind of submerged in a sort of scurrilous debate about her private life at the time. I remember thinking that probably wouldn't help find her.

The thread has no tags either. Which makes it a little more difficult for people to find.

ETA: Hadn't any tags. Has now.

It's strange, given how much we discussed Megan.

I live near York and so I suppose it was all over our local news for months at the time.

Really sad that her case hasn't been given as much attention by the public as it deserves, though I reckon the police have been flat out working on it. So difficult for her family - which is worse: eternal hope mixed with a sad sense of acceptance? Or to have a death confirmed and laid to rest?

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11075990.New_TV_appeal_over_Claudia_Lawrence_disappearance/?ref=rss

bbm

" In October, forensic officers started a new search at Claudia's home, using techniques which were not available to them in 2009, and remained at the site for several weeks.

Last month marked Claudia's 40th birthday, and her parents spoke to The Press about how her absence has affected their day-to-day lives.

Peter Lawrence, Claudia's father, has led a high-profile campaign to keep Claudia's name and image in the public eye and is also expected to speak about her disappearance ahead of the anniversary.

Crimewatch will be broadcast on Wednesday, March 19, on BBC One at 9pm."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03yx04p
bbm
"19/03/2014

Duration: 1 hour

The Crimewatch team present the latest crime news and appeals.

Five years on from the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence, police reveal new information about her movements before she went missing and appeal to find two vehicles seen in the area at the time.

Also, after January's programme aired footage of English Defence League protestors rioting in Birmingham, dozens of viewers got in touch. This programme shows what happened when Crimewatch cameras accompanied the police to track down the suspects.

Plus new crimes caught on camera and a fresh collection of wanted faces"

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence five years ago have obtained the DNA profile of a mystery man who was in her car.
The revelation is one of several new disclosures from a cold case review that will fuel speculation the 35-year-old chef could have been seeing a secret boyfriend in the weeks before she vanished.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-years-chefs-disappearance.html#ixzz2wOJiEXxS

Good to see her making the news again, but why oh why did they not ID the cig butt before, or realise her straighteners were missing?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/claudia-lawrence-new-fingerprints-found-missing-york

"In particular, the man who smokes with his left hand could be significant to the investigation in relation to the male DNA profile found on a cigarette butt in Claudia's car."

Malyn also discussed new evidence derived from calls made from Lawrence's missing mobile phone to suggest she had been spending time in the Acomb area of York in the weeks up to her disappearance.

The detective said another new strand of the inquiry is focusing on tracing a man who told staff in a Co-op store at Tang Hall in York that he knew Lawrence or used to work with her.

He said this was on 1 April, about 10 days after she was reported missing.

Somebody knows something, I hope they do the right thing and come forward.

claudi4.jpg

Just to jog people's memory, this is her backpack.

claudi3.jpg

This is her phone.

page03-0012.jpeg-300

CCTV from the day she went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics