UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good news on this case at last, thoughts are with her family.

"Using techniques not available in 2009, police found the potentially vital DNA profile on a discarded Embassy Regal cigarette butt.

It was found in the ashtray of her Vauxhall Corsa, which was being repaired when she went missing.

They want to find out if the evidence from the car, which had been off the road ‘for a number of weeks’ when she vanished, is linked to a man who has been dubbed the 'left-handed smoker'.

The man was seen standing with a woman at 5.35am on the day Miss Lawrence disappeared, at a point on her route to work and at an appropriate time.

The couple were seen by a passing cyclist and were facing each other several feet apart on Melrosegate Bridge. The man, dressed in a dark hooded top, was smoking from a cigarette held in his left hand.

Police also want to trace a man who told shop workers he knew Miss Lawrence or used to work with her, but has never been traced.

The man, identified on CCTV, mentioned the case to staff in Tang Hall, York, on April 1, 2009 - almost two weeks after she disappeared."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-man-York-suspicion-murder.html#ixzz31bCk9UDS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BREAKING NEWS CLAUDIA LAWRENCE: Man arrested on suspicion of murder - Police searching house in York - Car also seized - Friends and family tell of shock and hope - 1.33pm UPDATE

A MAN has today been arrested on suspicion of the murder of Claudia Lawrence.

Detectives investigating the 2009 disappearance of the York chef arrested a 59-year-old man from York this morning.

Police are at a house in Burnholme Grove, near Burnholme Community College, and officers in forensic suits are on the scene.

Just after 1.30pm, officers removed an evidence bag and suitcase from the house. Another officer has been taking video footage of the house.

3023210.jpg

MORE http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11208946.CLAUDIA_LAWRENCE__Man_arrested_on_suspicion_of_murder___Police_searching_house_in_York___Car_also_seized___Friends_and_family_tell_of_shock_and_hope___1_33pm_UPDATE/?ref=var_0

This is HUGE, I really hope this is it. This is real close to home for me, I used to live just around the corner from where Claudia lived when I first got married and the area she went missing is very close to where I grew up, I went to Burnholme school. This is just so surreal, I know the area like the back of my hand.

Oh wow this is huge! It's such a double edged sword,I hope that this is the guy but of course I hope she is out there somewhere well and happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its number 8. A quick search on directory enquiries shows a single person registered at that address only for the past 12 years

Its number 8. A quick search on directory enquiries shows a single person registered at that address only for the past 12 years

Welcome to Ws. Pingufan, thanks for the great info !

( P.s. I like Pingu too!)

Oh wow this is huge! It's such a double edged sword,I hope that this is the guy but of course I hope she is out there somewhere well and happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly this is not looking likely, seeing as a man has been arrested on suspicion of her murder.

Just hope her family get some answers soon, the not knowing what happened and where she is must be absolutely draining, year after year.

Just reading the Daily Mail item, from what was said in March, I wonder if they had a suspect before now but needed more evidence. The description is rather specific, especially the age, considering what we now know of the arrested man.

Detective Superintendent Dai Malyn, who is leading the case, said in March he also wanted to trace a 'hugely significant' man, in his late fifties, seen outside her house on the same morning.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-Claudia-Lawrence-murder.html#ixzz31bVc1fsX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The only concern I have here is with preservation of evidence. If they don't nail him quickly, they can't really nail him at all, and it will go cold again. Fingers very firmly crossed with this one, I have a gut feeling that isn't particularly optimistic. :(

Welcome to Ws. Pingufan, thanks for the great info !

( P.s. I like Pingu too!)

Cheers, I thought it was worth mentioning as most press reports allude to her being a serial maneater who had many affairs with married men and that this was probably one of those married men. Seems like the guy is single.

One of the reports is saying that an area of interest is some paving at the back of the garage :(

One of the reports is saying that an area of interest is some paving at the back of the garage :(

Welcome Pingu, thanks for your posts! Are these reports you're seeing on Twitter?

Also, I have tried 192people but there is a paywall as far as I can tell. Which site did you use?

Fatima Manji ‏@fatimamanji 11m
Police now taping off house where arrest made in Claudia Lawrence case #c4news pic.twitter.com/gDqwgBYHey

Source: www.twitter.com/fatimamanji

Lots of rumour flying around on Twitter.

Yes 192 just said there was a record of one person at that address from 2002 - 2014.

Yes, reports from Twitter - they have named the guy on there - is it ok to name on here?

Yes 192 just said there was a record of one person at that address from 2002 - 2014.

Yes, reports from Twitter - they have named the guy on there - is it ok to name on here?

Only if the tweet is from MSM (main stream media) or police. We can't post rumours.

And :welcome: to WS :)

We can't for the time being. I also saw his supposed profession on Twitter.

No it doesnt appear to be - I'll let you twitter it for yourselves ;)

Re: Crimewatch episode March

As part of the Crimewatch appeal, police said they were looking for a white man aged 55 to 65, described as about six feet tall with a full head of medium-length grey hair which appeared scruffy and windswept.

He was reportedly seen at Claudia's front door on the day she disappeared, between 6.45am and 6.55am, wearing a sandy-coloured knee-length Mac-style jacket which was unfastened and either made of thick material, or had extra clothing underneath.

Source http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11208946.Man_arrested_on_suspicion_of_murder_of_Claudia_Lawrence___11_45am_UPDATE/?ref=rss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal