UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also a man of the same (shortened first name) working for York mind a mental health charity. If it's not him it's a horrible coincidence to have the same name and come from the same place

Nice to see some familiar names here, despite the circumstances. :seeya: I've often wondered why this case didn't have a million threads on here, I guess maybe Websleuths wasn't as prevalent in the UK when she went missing.

Really hope that this arrest leads to something, for her poor family's sake.

My sister in law has done a lot with York Mind and I do with Mind myself as I run a support community for mental health sufferers, this is just horrid, I feel sick :/

BREAKING NEWS CLAUDIA LAWRENCE: Man arrested on suspicion of murder - Police searching house in York - Car also seized - Friends and family tell of shock and hope - 1.33pm UPDATE

A MAN has today been arrested on suspicion of the murder of Claudia Lawrence.

Detectives investigating the 2009 disappearance of the York chef arrested a 59-year-old man from York this morning.

Police are at a house in Burnholme Grove, near Burnholme Community College, and officers in forensic suits are on the scene.

Just after 1.30pm, officers removed an evidence bag and suitcase from the house. Another officer has been taking video footage of the house.

This is HUGE, I really hope this is it. This is real close to home for me, I used to live just around the corner from where Claudia lived when I first got married and the area she went missing is very close to where I grew up, I went to Burnholme school. This is just so surreal, I know the area like the back of my hand.

Skibs - any chance of one of your ace maps showing Claudias house, his house, work, and where she's believed to have gone missing? :)

My sister in law has done a lot with York Mind and I do with Mind myself as I run a support community for mental health sufferers, this is just horrid, I feel sick :/

Do you think there is a Mind link or could it just be same name?

Skibs - any chance of one of your ace maps showing Claudias house, his house, work, and where she's believed to have gone missing? :)

Sure, give me a few mins :)

Do you think there is a Mind link or could it just be same name?

I really hoped not but MSM have named him as a mental health worker and as there is no other person with the name MS that I can find here, and the only one I can find comes up as the same address as the arrested man...

Oh I did think it was too an unusual surname to have two of them from the same area. Blimey. His pic doesn't look like someone who is a loner or a ghost as the neighbours have said. He sounds like he's a bit of a pillar of the community

Sure, give me a few mins :)

I really hoped not but MSM have named him as a mental health worker and as there is no other person with the name MS that I can find here, and the only one I can find comes up as the same address as the arrested man...

Thank you, I do like a good map!!
So the mention of working at York Uni may just have been his previous job?

I think he's a volunteer with mind. He probably works at the uni too.

Actually if he's a project coordinator that sounds like a 'job'. I assumed probably wrongly that these charity positions are voluntary

North Tyneside is now involved?! That's where I live, just north/east of Newcastle. I don't drive otherwise I'd be tempted by a trip along to North Shields to see what I could find out.

zud3i.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/46+Heworth+Rd,+York+YO31/53.9597143,-1.0574545/8+Burnholme+Grove,+York+YO31+0LN,+UK/Goodricke+College,+University+of+York+Heslington,+York+YO10+5DD,+UK/@53.9583991,-1.0537133,14z/data=!4m21!4m20!1m5!1m1!1s0x487931c0a188ee87:0x6c60e1d99917623e!2m2!1d-1.0614242!2d53.967036!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x487931c4d036fc77:0xf880a88bd46010f1!2m2!1d-1.0492637!2d53.9637907!1m5!1m1!1s0x4879303343098fd3:0x17d8213cca17040!2m2!1d-1.0534549!2d53.9484644!3e2

BBC news just named him as Michael Snelling

I just had a little look and there were a few MS's born in this country who are now 59ish. The only northerner among them was born in Tynemouth (next to North Shields in Newcastle where there are searches going on)

EDIT - actually, looking more closely at dates there are only 2 who are exactly 59. One born in London and the other in Tynemouth. BBC just reporting the arrest was made in North Shields.

Thanks for the map Skibaboo, interesting that the bridge sighting is close to the suspects house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214