UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I've just read that police had searched his house and garden 3 years ago! Hope it doesn't turn out that they missed something then, and this could have been solved earlier.

Sounds like they may have had an idea for sometime and just not been able to prove it.

I wondered, when they released the new evidence to the press, if they were deliberately trying to get someone to confess. Showing that after 5 years, new evidence is coming to light, whereas the murderer may have been lulled into a false sense of security believing he was safe after 5 years. The emphasis on certain aspects, such as the cigarette and the straightners, I wonder if it caused the person in question to panic, and do something which enabled the police to arrest him.

All MOO

Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak 2m
Sky sources: 59-year-old Michael Snelling, who was arrested on suspicion of murdering Claudia Lawrence, will be released on bail shortly

source: twitter.com/skynewsbreak

I always wondered why police suspected all along that Claudia had been murdered. Was it just an assumption, or did they have some evidence earlier on which made them believe this?

Sky sources: 59-year-old Michael Snelling, who was arrested on suspicion of murdering Claudia Lawrence, will be released on bail shortly

No body found then, I would assume.

Not a great sign he's being bailed imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, probably no match on D&A. They can't keep him without anything concrete.

I would have expected the police to have been all over a match with Claudia's place of work and her Local in the early days.
Michael Snelling doesn't match any of the e-fits recently released.

Hmm, I wasn't expecting that.

I just drove past Burnholme Grove and it's a hive of activity still, news vans are lined the street and the street around it as well as a lot of other vehicles.

Oh, very interesting.

Not great for him, with his name all over the papers, and not completely cleared of any involvement.

I've been keeping up, but didn't post.

1: Snelling's a non smoker, who uses a profile pic with cig in hand?
2: he seems such an obvious suspect; workmate, hung out in same pub, lived nearby....I would have hoped he could have been looked at/excluded or charged way before this.
3: His house was searched before and digging was done? I didn't hear anything about that in the media
4: Police stress they haven't found Claudia's body and won't rule out further arrests????

I am a little cautious about this arrest. Not least because, this guy seems such an obvious suspect, I can't believe he wasn't cleared or charged when Claudia first disappeared. What took police so long?

Hmm, I wasn't expecting that.

I just drove past Burnholme Grove and it's a hive of activity still, news vans are lined the street and the street around it as well as a lot of other vehicles.

skib, it looks like you're our go -to-local again for this case....thanks for all your updates and info previously, on Megan's case.

I've never seen this photo of Claudia with deep auburn hair before. She looks amazing. Quite different from her as a blonde, as well. I wonder how long before she disappeared, Claudia had been blonde?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/claudia-lawrence-police-send-sniffer-3543231

From what I remember, this - the dark hair - was how Claudia looked when she disappeared, but the pic we all know is the one of her with the honey blonde hair, taken months before !
Quite strange really, unless they ( the police, the family ) thought that the blonde pic was more typical of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214