Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggests they do not have funds.
It's possible all they have was resourced from begging.
It's also possible that if she does have access to funding, she is unaware of it or has forgotten. She may be very ill.

Those images are all 17 days old.
Where are they now?

Those alleged taxi fares would have set them up in accommodation for several days..
Warm safe accommodation.
Until she regained her strength or the weather improved.
That's what is so sad.
Yes, it's very sad and I agree with the money.

What kind of area is Whitechapel? Why would they be in that area?

I think the most obvious answer about why they bought the tent is as the police say - they are sleeping rough. I don’t think they’re off to the wilderness, I imagine they’re in the city somewhere. They may be using other items as sleeping mats such as flattened cardboard. I hope they’ve found a friend to stay with and havent had to use the tent. The whole action of buying a cheap poor quality tent and no sleeping mats reinforces my opinion that they are not thinking rationally.

Can cab drivers turn people away if they seem under the influence of something? Ie if the driver doesn’t feel safe?

I think they do not want to be found, and I can think of a good reason why. I've known for a long time that social class is a very big deal in the UK. She is from an upperclass background, and he is not. IMO it's very likely that her family, among other people, will not be accepting of their relationship.
MOO

Where do Londoners go camping anyway does anyone know?
Homeless Londoners camp in doorways, in underpasses, under bridges and flyovers. I doubt the plan was to "go camping" so much as to have a little bit of protection from the elements and somewhere to keep their baby and a few belongings out of sight while they planned their next move.

JMO

Homeless Londoners camp in doorways, in underpasses, under bridges and flyovers. I doubt the plan was to "go camping" so much as to have a little bit of protection from the elements and somewhere to keep their baby and a few belongings out of sight while they planned their next move.

JMO
Or wanting police to think that they are camping out when they are actually being harboured by friends

Anyone else thinking they might be sleeping in tent to avoid checking into hotels? Probably by now they would be recognised by staff even if trying to book under false name
Could be but there are also lots of shady areas and accommodation throughout London where no questions are ever asked and having lived there she would have known of those areas because everybody does.

I think they do not want to be found, and I can think of a good reason why. I've known for a long time that social class is a very big deal in the UK. She is from an upperclass background, and he is not. IMO it's very likely that her family, among other people, will not be accepting of their relationship.

MOO
it's probably more likely to do with him being a registered sex offender, but you're right social class may well have played a part in her family's estrangement from them before they found out about MG's past

My thoughts on today's developments:
They got to London, did a big shop of everything they thought they might need for a life on the run. The tent might be " just in case". I suspect their plan was to dive into London, get everything they thought they might need for a few weeks on the run and get the hell out of there afterwards.

The pram might not be 100% ideal, but it is cheap and lightweight . I've had buggies that are labelled "suitable from birth" like this. We tend to buy more substantial, expensive ones through a feeling of "doing the best we can", but I don't think that's a particular concern. Also, more expensive ones with car seats etc are just unnecessary If you aren't driving anywhere, and harder to carry upstairs and down and over turnstiles etc if on the move. https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6144070

I don't think the police have come to these CCTV images late, but have released them through desperation. I suspect they still think they might have gone abroad, as they have seen all of this and then released that they are looking outside this country.

Bags on shoes: I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I remember going to Leeds carnival on potternewton park and being amused that all the youth with cool expensive trainers put bags over them to prevent them getting damaged. Why they didn't wear their old trainers, I don't know, but it could be one of those things that MG has hung onto from his youth: maybe he bought some cool new shoes and didn't want to ruin them treading the streets of the city.

I hope they are ok. In lieu of anyone reaching out and the press and police statements getting evermore accusatory, I am kind of almost hoping they have got somewhere safe and can remain their holed up. The alternative - sleeping in a tent on waste ground under a flyover with a bunch of other lost souls in these freezing temperatures whilst being hunted by police is unthinkable, and sounds catastrophic and physically and mentally exhausting, without being postpartum and with a baby a few weeks old. I'm not surprised she was walking behind!

From living in Central London and Brighton (where there's quite a bit of tent living); there are many homeless charities where people go around the tents daily, checking no one inside has overdosed or succumb to the weather. They offer out items like food and duvets...just general support. If they are planning to camp out in one of the London parks, there's a good chance someone is going to check in on them at some point soon. So it's not the cleverest idea.

MOO

If it’s true the relationship between the two began in 2016 and she’s been estranged from her family since then, I’m left to wonder if it’s only because of the media coverage and birth of the child that they may suddenly not be accepting of it.

“…In 2016, Constance began dating Mark Gordon and became estranged from her family….”

I wonder, at this point, why there is no reward? If they were laying low at a homeless encampment, a reward would be very enticing to people and a surefire way to find them.

I think pressure of the police isn't going to help and they may feel like they are being cornered. I do worry about what will happen if/when they are found and i worry if camping with this baby seems like a good ìdea, what is their mindset like right now.

I wonder, at this point, why there is no reward? If they were laying low at a homeless encampment, a reward would be very enticing to people and a surefire way to find them.

I think pressure of the police isn't going to help and they may feel like they are being cornered. I do worry about what will happen if/when they are found and i worry if camping with this baby seems like a good ìdea, what is their mindset like right now.
We know they bought a tent, allegedly.
I think calling her an aristocrat suggests the mansion awaits when in fact the mansion was passed to a brother of here and subsequently sold and possibly funds dissipated.
Not all aristocrats are wealthy.
It's not like they robbed a bank and crime stoppers will step up with reward money.
Nor are we aware of anything about her relationship with what is left of her family. It may not have been a bed of roses.

I think it was a huge mistake to label her 'aristocrat' when concern was first raised about her.

Family links to the royal Family....simply does not help anybody and never needed to become public information.
She is not a child.

We know they bought a tent, allegedly.
I think calling her an aristocrat suggests the mansion awaits when in fact the mansion was passed to a brother of here and subsequently sold and possibly funds dissipated.
Not all aristocrats are wealthy.
It's not like they robbed a bank and crime stoppers will step up with reward money.
Nor are we aware of anything about her relationship with what is left of her family. It may not have been a bed of roses.

I think it was a huge mistake to label her 'aristocrat' when concern was first raised about her.

Family links to the royal Family....simply does not help anybody and never needed to become public information.
She is not a child.
She HAS a child. The families are pleading with the couple to get in touch, the police are involved and a new born baby is at risk with a couple, who may or may not have lost custody of their other children.

Noone is saying they are children, but i would say there is a vulnerable infant in danger if they are sleeping rough.

Everyone who is looking for them would likely find them much quicker with a reward offered, by families or whomever.

while I agree, I just can't see that they will be camping out with other homeless people. I think they will be alone as a couple with the baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member