Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Info and photos are from January 7th and rather too blurry and inconsequential to expect that anybody would remember them 17 days later or have noticed them in the first place.
So is that their car? Where is the baby in this photo? I really fear that the baby didn't survive My own opinion obviously

So is that their car? Where is the baby in this photo? I really fear that the baby didn't survive My own opinion obviously
There you go.
There is no report of current vehicle ownership, which doesn't mean they didn't buy one for cash and aren't currently living in it.

She HAS a child. The families are pleading with the couple to get in touch, the police are involved and a new born baby is at risk with a couple, who may or may not have lost custody of their other children.

Noone is saying they are children, but i would say there is a vulnerable infant in danger if they are sleeping rough.

Everyone who is looking for them would likely find them much quicker with a reward offered, by families or whomever.
Like i said- they bought a tent.
There is no evidence that they used it or are sleeping rough.

There you go.
There is no report of current vehicle ownership, which doesn't mean they didn't buy one for cash and aren't currently living in it.
Thanks. So that photo by the white car is a taxi. Where on earth could they pitch a tent in that area?

Distance is generally the only reason black cabs would refuse a fare. They are obliged to take passengers anywhere within the geographical area they are licensed in but not outside that area.
That's true, and I'd forgotten it, so it does make you wonder if they were hoping to go some distance.

However, re-reading the Met's press release, I'm not sure it's 100% clear whether the taxis even stopped.

"They then spent slightly more than three hours walking around the Whitechapel Road area. They tried to flag down three black cabs, but were refused.
"They then left the area on foot and were last seen walking along Brick Lane, towards Bethnal Green Road, at 22:01hrs on Saturday, 7 January.
(https://news.met.police.uk/news/update-appeal-to-find-missing-couple-and-newborn-baby-460784?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=Subscription&utm_content=current_news)

It may be that by "being refused", what's meant is that the taxis had their For Hire light on but were seen on cctv failing to respond to being hailed. While that shouldn't happen, in practice it does, of course. But it may mean that their intended destination wasn't that far away - except that the police have no way of investigating because none of the cab drivers stopped and asked (maybe).

Given the conscious (and rather expensive) decision to take a taxi from Essex to East Ham, I'm wondering if they were actually just trying to go back to East Ham, and ended up doing it on foot because no one would stop for them - which begs the question for me of what - or who - is in East Ham.

JMO/Speculation only

That's true, and I'd forgotten it, so it does make you wonder if they were hoping to go some distance.

However, re-reading the Met's press release, I'm not sure it's 100% clear whether the taxis even stopped.

"They then spent slightly more than three hours walking around the Whitechapel Road area. They tried to flag down three black cabs, but were refused.
"They then left the area on foot and were last seen walking along Brick Lane, towards Bethnal Green Road, at 22:01hrs on Saturday, 7 January.
(https://news.met.police.uk/news/update-appeal-to-find-missing-couple-and-newborn-baby-460784?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=Subscription&utm_content=current_news)

It may be that by "being refused", what's meant is that the taxis had their For Hire light on but were seen on cctv failing to respond to being hailed. While that shouldn't happen, in practice it does, of course. But it may mean that their intended destination wasn't that far away - except that the police have no way of investigating because none of the cab drivers stopped and asked (maybe).

Given the conscious (and rather expensive) decision to take a taxi from Essex to East Ham, I'm wondering if they were actually just trying to go back to East Ham, and ended up doing it on foot because no one would stop for them - which begs the question for me of what - or who - is in East Ham.

JMO/Speculation only
You're right, it isn't clearly written, but I think the meaning must be that the drivers actually refused to take them. The alternative would be that the taxis just drove past which I don't think is actually refusing the fare. I agree that taxis often do drive past, and it has happened to me many times, but I don't know that this would be worthy of report. If the taxis drove past they would have no knowledge of the intended destination.

I think that if they were going to East Ham at least one out of the three taxis would have taken them.
They could have picked up a cab after they disappeared from CCTV.

I'm also thinking that the police must have had further sightings of them. The report says that the image released today are the latest 'official' sightings.

That latest sighting of them from Jan 7 and all of the questions we are asking here on WS would seem to indicate that they are not thinking clearly. I have not seen any evidence of drug use/abuse so I am wondering more if this a folie a deux. Both of them caught up in some kind of paranoia (which is real in the sense that, yes, police are looking for them). I feel so sad for her and the baby.
The problem with the drug use thing is that to be a functioning drug addict (different with alcohol), you need to have an extremely reliable source close to you at all times. Staying a couple of nights here and there would be an absolute no no. It would take time to plug in with the local scene. Time that drug addicts don’t have, that’s why most live and operate very close to their dealer. Alcohol can be purchased anywhere at any time so it’s different. I’m leaning more towards mental health. Take that with a pinch of salt though.

The problem with the drug use thing is that to be a functioning drug addict (different with alcohol), you need to have an extremely reliable source close to you at all times. Staying a couple of nights here and there would be an absolute no no. It would take time to plug in with the local scene. Time that drug addicts don’t have, that’s why most live and operate very close to their dealer. Alcohol can be purchased anywhere at any time so it’s different. I’m leaning more towards mental health. Take that with a pinch of salt though.
That's a very good point.

The car fire happened, police identified who they were (probably from their belongings) then saw the placenta. I imagine there was contact with SS.
But were there any prior reports to police or SS that we know of?

There is no drug use thing in this case that we know of though.

There is no drug use thing in this case that we know of though.
I’m responding to an earlier post. It’s been speculated a lot so far that either drugs, alcohol or mental health issues could be playing a part.

I’m responding to an earlier post. It’s been speculated a lot so far that either drugs, alcohol or mental health issues could be playing a part.
You responded to a post stating there is no evidence of drug use. I am clarifying that there is no evidence of drug use or abuse.

1674594863348.png
Jan 24 2023 rbbm
''A rapist who has gone missing with his aristocrat partner and their newborn cannot leave the UK, it is understood – casting doubt over claims the pair could have fled overseas.''

''But a source close to Ms Marten has told The Independent that Gordon does not have a passport so is unlikely to have left the country.''

''He went on to suggest that the pair may be attempting to “blend in with homeless communities, either here in London or further afield, or they could be camping in more rural or wooded areas”.

The pair has been connected to Wales, Leeds, Sheffield and Bolton. The last place they lived was in the North of England area dating back to September where they stayed in Airbnbs for one to two nights.''

JMO/Speculation only
And why do they need a tent in East ham?

1674596496390.png

1674596521524.png
CCTV footage of the family on Brick Lane (Image: Metropolitan Police)

1674596578372.png
The family spotted near Adler Street (Image: Metropolitan Police)
1674596637096.png

The tent bought by Constance and Mark
''The couple were seen leaving the taxi with an orange carrier bag and pram. They both had their heads and faces covered and Mark was wearing white plastic bags on his shoes, police said.

Constance is believed to have access to substantial resources. Her estranged father Napier Martin - who is a former page to the late Queen - has appealed through The Independent for his daughter to let police know where she is 'as soon as possible'.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member