Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some perspective as this case has got my attention quite a bit.

I have a 8 week old daughter and there is no chance in hell these guys are sleeping rough anywhere in the UK in any of this weather. General rule of thumb is room temp needs to be between 16 and 20 degrees for newborns, so they have to be either in the worst hostles in London or somebody has a place for them to stay. Not to mention that IF she is breast feeding thats not the easiest of tasks sat at home in a chair sometimes letalone out on the streets, then factoring in forumla if she isnt, nappies, and just a general unpredicatability with a new born child. This baby would not be comfy whatsoever being carried 24/7 anywhere. They do sleep but when they are awake you'll know about it!

Other thoughts that I cant work out - How/Why are police not following CCTV to the next possible cameras? I mean, I guess they may have done this and are refusing to release any more footage but if you're at a port on a camera there will be another form of CCTV in that viscinty. The same with being spotted in London. Both of those cameras look like they record motion and not just still images too. I know people have said they could be tracked by bank transactions but I am totally amazed that their location hasnt been tracked just by CCTV alone.
The thought of formula feeding in these circumstances is awful. I hope she has chosen to breastfeed and it has come easy to her.

Maybe if they have the funds they are using air bb’s at least they would be warm & comfortable-airbb is pretty anonymous, especially if you use places with key safes and self check in, would be possible to move every other day or so before detection if using a debit card..

I totally agree with you. So many seeming contradictions all over this case....I also wonder how the Times would know that CM´s family fortune is being handled by Hoare´s Bank.Who would be giving out such highly private information??? The bank certainly would not, and I highly doubt that CM´s family would be any more forthcoming, and rightly so!!!

The bank information is in this article.

@DetectiveLawless

quote:
Other thoughts that I cant work out - How/Why are police not following CCTV to the next possible cameras? I mean, I guess they may have done this and are refusing to release any more footage but if you're at a port on a camera there will be another form of CCTV in that viscinty. The same with being spotted in London. Both of those cameras look like they record motion and not just still images too. I know people have said they could be tracked by bank transactions but I am totally amazed that their location hasnt been tracked just by CCTV alone.

Easier said than done. Might be picked up on one camera, but then lost as numerous turn offs, or the time delays lose track, or they simply go out of range of any camera at all, hence why so often in cases police ask for doorbell and vehicle webcam footage.
All too true....Even so, i find it somewhat surprising that this couple seemingly is able to (this far) outwit the combined forces of the London Metropolitan Police, and for some considerable time, too....Why is that?

All too true....Even so, i find it somewhat surprising that this couple seemingly is able to (this far) outwit the combined forces of the London Metropolitan Police, and for some considerable time, too....Why is that?
Not to mention the fact that we havnt really had any articles or police statements regarding the entire matter in days.
The thought of formula feeding in these circumstances is awful. I hope she has chosen to breastfeed and it has come easy to her.
Forumula or breastfeeding while "on the run" isnt going to be one bit sterile either is it? I think a record is 14 nappies in one day for us with our daughter. There isnt any way in hell that her baby is resting comfortably, even if in a sling throughout their journey to where ever their destination might be.

Even if they did have a place to stay every few days, doing so without a newborn would be effort and a struggle. IF these two dont have a perminant place to "hide" they will be 110% exhausted and running on fumes by now with a baby that is weeks old.

It seems urgent to the police forces dealing with it when they feel its urgent.. Where is the nationwide appeal IF its that serious? Could they have gone back to Harwich and boarded a ferry? They could be in Cornwall for all we know now. I refuse to believe that there isnt any further CCTV evidence. Why was only CM seen at the Port? When did she show up there? What was Mark Gordon doing at this time? Presumbaly trying to secure a ride on the ferry. Its all very bizzare.

Last edited:
rbbm.
''She studied Arabic and Middle Eastern studies at Leeds University before studying for an NCTJ qualification in journalism, and later enrolling at the renowned East 15 drama school in Essex. She was described by friends as “a very good actress” who “could have gone very far”, but dropped out in 2016 after what the paper described as a “run-in” with one of the course tutors.''

''Detective Chief Inspector Rob Huddleston, from Essex Police, told ITV News that it remained unclear why they did not want to be found.

“We don’t know why they might be avoiding detection,” he said. “We know they have travelled from Manchester through Liverpool and down into Essex. Why that is, we don’t know.”

Police suspect that the couple may have been “planning to leave the country on a ferry to Holland”, said the Mail.''

Not to mention the fact that we havnt really had any articles or police statements regarding the entire matter in days.

Forumula or breastfeeding while "on the run" isnt going to be one bit sterile either is it? I think a record is 14 nappies in one day for us with our daughter. There isnt any way in hell that her baby is resting comfortably, even if in a sling throughout their journey to where ever their destination might be.

Even if they did have a place to stay every few days, doing so without a newborn would be effort and a struggle. IF these two dont have a perminant place to "hide" they will be 110% exhausted and running on fumes with a baby that is weeks old.
I totally agree! I just can not understand why the Police suddenly seems to have gone all quiet. I keep looking for new official up-dates, but nothing!!!

rbbm.
''She studied Arabic and Middle Eastern studies at Leeds University before studying for an NCTJ qualification in journalism, and later enrolling at the renowned East 15 drama school in Essex. She was described by friends as “a very good actress” who “could have gone very far”, but dropped out in 2016 after what the paper described as a “run-in” with one of the course tutors.''

''Detective Chief Inspector Rob Huddleston, from Essex Police, told ITV News that it remained unclear why they did not want to be found.

“We don’t know why they might be avoiding detection,” he said. “We know they have travelled from Manchester through Liverpool and down into Essex. Why that is, we don’t know.”

Police suspect that the couple may have been “planning to leave the country on a ferry to Holland”, said the Mail.''
So, if CM hadn´t hadn´t had her "run-in" with her tutor, things might have turned out totally differently for her...."Sliding doors moment" and all that....

Even if they did have a place to stay every few days, doing so without a newborn would be effort and a struggle. IF these two dont have a perminant place to "hide" they will be 110% exhausted and running on fumes by now with a baby that is weeks old.

It seems urgent to the police forces dealing with it when they feel its urgent.. Where is the nationwide appeal IF its that serious? Could they have gone back to Harwich and boarded a ferry? They could be in Cornwall for all we know now. I refuse to believe that there isnt any further CCTV evidence. Why was only CM seen at the Port? When did she show up there? What was Mark Gordon doing at this time? Presumbaly trying to secure a ride on the ferry. Its all very bizzare.
There seems to be confusion in the papers about sightings. Firstly it seemed they were reported to be seen in Harwich and I'm sure it's only the last day or so it's been reported as actually at the port. I wonder if 2+2 has been put together and something has been incorrectly reported.

Also I'm pretty sure the London footage of them was from 7th Jan but we weren't told until a few days later. Meanwhile everyone assumed they were in Essex.

I don't think they are sleeping rough. I don't think that's practical given the circumstances and the fact the police think they have access to money suggests to me they will be sleeping somewhere.

rbbm.

On the website for that acting school, she was reported as having graduated so I'm not sure how accurate that report is about her dropping out.

Still catching up here so apologies if this is already old ground. But can anyone provide a link to an actual police statement re CM having access to money?

I’m not so interested in links to media who claim an unnamed police “source” told them so, or media saying that police think so due to her family background.

TIA.

This may have already been mentioned but I’ve only just come across it. The ‘MISSING’ poster, if you scroll down to the bottom of the Met police news appeal, see link below, mentions the birth having taken place ‘within the last ten days’. The post is dated 13th January, the day after the Met took over. Would that put the date of birth of the baby presumably after the 3rd January and before the 5th?

I know it’s not particularly relevant now but afaik taxis don’t come with car seats. So does that mean either they have a car seat already, or they travelled in the taxis with the baby illegally secured (for want of a better term)?
If the taxi drivers have now come forward does this mean they have either admitted to illegally allowing the baby to travel this way, or that there was in fact an appropriate car seat?
I suppose what I am asking is, is it possible to request taxis with a specific car seat?

I know it’s not particularly relevant now but afaik taxis don’t come with car seats. So does that mean either they have a car seat already, or they travelled in the taxis with the baby illegally secured (for want of a better term)?
If the taxi drivers have now come forward does this mean they have either admitted to illegally allowing the baby to travel this way, or that there was in fact an appropriate car seat?
I suppose what I am asking is, is it possible to request taxis with a specific car seat?
It’s not illegal to travel in taxis without car seats in England

This link may be helpful

This link may be helpful
Well you learn something new every day. I was working on the premise of the hospital I gave birth in making us prove we had a car seat before we could be discharged. Thanks for clearing that up it’s been puzzling me.

In addtion to all of this Mark Gordon is pretty much a ghost online. The only photo of him is that drivers license/mug shot. No other socials, accounts or anything. You could assume at a far fetch that his hands are in one Facebook photo but thats about it. I suppose at nearly 50 you dont really have an active online presence but Id expect something. Almost not convinced thats his real name but what do I know!?

In addtion to all of this Mark Gordon is pretty much a ghost online. The only photo of him is that drivers license/mug shot. No other socials, accounts or anything. You could assume at a far fetch that his hands are in one Facebook photo but thats about it. I suppose at nearly 50 you dont really have an active online presence but Id expect something. Almost not convinced thats his real name but what do I know!?

I'm totally speculating here, but it's possible he isn't allowed to have social media, or more specifically, access to the internet.

Again, speculation and hypothetically speaking to possible scenarios. JMO

I'm totally speculating here, but it's possible he isn't allowed to have social media, or more specifically, access to the internet.

Again, speculation and hypothetically speaking to possible scenarios. JMO
Or maybe he is really reclusive or has anxiety or ptsd? Seeing as theyve lived a reclusive life according to the media. i guess as he didnt grow up in the UK theres less people that would know him here-ie school/uni/work friends that would talk to the press.. which is probably why theres nothing much about him. maybe if they had disapeared in Florida or the US it would be different..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee