UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 Sep 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Which building do you think, given that it's a museum and mostly commercial properties in the immediate area? That rules out most places, which would have been unoccupied and for which there were no alarms triggered to show he forced his way in or that somewhere was opened.
Someone with access to one of those buildings could have taken him there without setting off an alarm

One thing that strikes me is that there are a number of small things any individual one of which may well have cleared things up. Unfortunately it seems the gods conspired to knock out all of them. No CCTV of Corrie getting in a bin or of the bin being emptied. No one saw him getting in to a bin. No CCTV of Corrie leaving any other way. Only partial tracking of the phone. And of course nothing found at the tip. Any one of them might have been enough to bring closure to the family but we don't have any of them. Additionally the confusion over the bin weight which I'm not at all sure helps either.

Can anyone remind me of the origin of the bin theory? Was it solely based on the phone tracking?

I know this must already be on here but I haven't found it.

How and when was the weight of the bin first recorded and what weight was recorded at that time?

I know this must already be on here but I haven't found it.

How and when was the weight of the bin first recorded and what weight was recorded at that time?

As per the description given at the inquest: the lorry weighs the bin and rubbish as it is lifted to be tipped, and the empty bin as it is lowered. Weight of full bin - weight of empty bin = weight of rubbish.

The heavy weight of 16 stone or whatever it is was recorded on the lorry weighing system and this was found at a later date by the police. They first looked at spreadsheets provided by Biffa which had the lower weight.

As per the description given at the inquest: the lorry weighs the bin and rubbish as it is lifted to be tipped, and the empty bin as it is lowered. Weight of full bin - weight of empty bin = weight of rubbish.

The heavy weight of 16 stone or whatever it is was recorded on the lorry weighing system and this was found at a later date by the police. They first looked at spreadsheets provided by Biffa which had the lower weight.

Thank you. On that basis it does seem much more likely he was in the bin. Obviously we still have to consider the bin man's claim he wasn't in there.

I wondered if he walked/ran along the path by the River Lark. It emerges at the main road by Barton Mills, which you have to cross in order to continue following the Lark towards Mildenhall.

This would fit with the delivery driver's sighting of a man in a pink shirt crossing the main road. Corrie's direction of travel from Flex, to the horsehoe is almost a direct line towards where the towpath begins (in a residential area to the North of BSE). The Barton Mills service station/waffle shack area is a horrible place to cross (I have done it a couple of times) during the day, but perhaps at 4 30 in the morning - not so busy

The path starts at the Railway Station in Bury, which is in the opposite direction to Corrie's walk into the horseshoe. But he'd left his car in town and his dog in his room, so what's the point of heading to Mildenhall to have to very quickly come back south and sort these out, especially the former? And that walk would be further and longer than using roads back to base.

Can anyone remind me of the origin of the bin theory? Was it solely based on the phone tracking?

Yes, it was. The start point and subsequent movement (direction and speed) of the phone's journey matched it being in the bin lorry.

Yes, it was. The start point and subsequent movement (direction and speed) of the phone's journey matched it being in the bin lorry.
Thank you. And was it established that there would still be a signal if it was enclosed in the rubbish section of the lorry? As opposed to being in the cab. I seem to remember talk of tests being done.

Thank you. And was it established that there would still be a signal if it was enclosed in the rubbish section of the lorry? As opposed to being in the cab. I seem to remember talk of tests being done.

There was so much discussion on here and by Nicola about crisp packets and Faraday Cage effects that I've no idea what was actually done.

Hopefully this will be covered in the inquest. And hopefully it will also be acknowledged that he might not have had the phone on him any more.

That was the theory first off, though, and what delayed the landfill search; that just the phone had ended up in the bin lorry. It was finding the heavier bin weight that changed things.

[QUOTE="Cherwell, post: 17481972, membe

Last edited:
We were repeatedly told that the phone followed the same route as the bin lorry and it went directly to red lodge recycling center,and the last ping on the phone was the barton mill's transmitter,!! Imo this will All change,!!! then ware has All this incorrect information been coming from all the time,?? Imo

Last edited:
Which building do you think, given that it's a museum and mostly commercial properties in the immediate area? That rules out most places, which would have been unoccupied and for which there were no alarms triggered to show he forced his way in or that somewhere was opened.
Someone with access to one of those buildings could have taken him there without setting off an alarm

This only proves that something weighing 16 stone was in the bin.

But turning an alarm on and off would have also shown.in the system, and didn't.
If an alarm was one very premise and was turned on in the first place.

An alarm could have been turned off or not set much earlier.
Ar you saying that EVERY premise backing onto the horshoe had alarms and had them checked by police?
Would that include any premises accessed by a climb?

If this never occurred then it can't be rued out

The path starts at the Railway Station in Bury, which is in the opposite direction to Corrie's walk into the horseshoe. But he'd left his car in town and his dog in his room, so what's the point of heading to Mildenhall to have to very quickly come back south and sort these out, especially the former? And that walk would be further and longer than using roads back to base.
The official path starts near the Railway station, but where the path runs alongside the Lark is further north and closer to the Horseshoe. Near the Bodyworks on Mildenhall Road - there's a small footpath that leads down to the river - which at that point is almost invisible.

I agree, it's not exactly the most sensible route to his base - but if he were going to Mildenhall it is the most direct way (and no traffic). Maybe he had a friend there. As for the dog and car - whatever he did, he had decided not to drive/sleep in his car, so would have had to come back and get that anyway. The dog - I guess he was aiming to come back in the morning once he had his car. All just guesses- but the path hasn't been mentioned before and it is a direct route towards place of the sighting by the delivery driver

The official path starts near the Railway station, but where the path runs alongside the Lark is further north and closer to the Horseshoe. Near the Bodyworks on Mildenhall Road - there's a small footpath that leads down to the river - which at that point is almost invisible.

Mildenhall Road is north of the Railway Station, so even further away from the horseshoe!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo
Back