UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this theory is that the phone signals show that Corrie's mobile went from BSE straight towards Barton Mills, which is not in the direction of the base. If he did make it onto the A134, he must have been separated from his phone earlier, and then his phone somehow made its way to Barton Mills. It would seem unlikely that the phone going missing and Corrie disappearing were completely unrelated incidents.

Unless his phone fell out of his pocket while he was sleeping in the doorway and he didn't notice. But that wouldn't explain how it ended up in Barton Mills.

Everything about this case feels wrong. Nothing makes sense.

Actually good question. It's not clear from Google. It looks as though the main gate is to the south, or that one nearest the A134 (the access for heavy vehicles?).

The residential buildings are to the south and I would hazard a guess there is an entrance there as well as the main one on the 134. I don't know though, maybe there's only one way in and out? His route would be totally different depending which entrance he was aiming for.

There are a couple of bodies of water if he tried to cut across fields. But, if the police are right and he didn't leave town on foot, it's all academic.

..... or the phone could of by someone who possibly found it, and travelled the same route as the bin lorry.

I think this merits further consideration. We've become rather hung up on the idea that the phone must have been in the bin lorry because it took the route the bin lorry took but that doesn't have to be the case at all. The A1101 is a single carriageway road from BSE to less than a mile from Barton Mills and as such it's a very logical route for lots of traffic to use. Or the vehicle could have used the A14 and A11 which are more major routes.

I think this merits further consideration. We've become rather hung up on the idea that the phone must have been in the bin lorry because it took the route the bin lorry took but that doesn't have to be the case at all. The A1101 is a single carriageway road from BSE to less than a mile from Barton Mills and as such it's a very logical route for lots of traffic to use. Or the vehicle could have used the A14 and A11 which are more major routes.

That's the thing. A normal vehicle would be unlikely to go as slow as a bin lorry or stop start in all the same places. How accurate are pings, can they literally trace a route from them or is it just an approximation? I assume it was picking up commercial refuse rather than residential, which road would be more likely on that basis? And wasn't it 15kg of rubbish because that's really not much at all, roughly the weight of a 3-4 year old child, probably less than a full residential wheelie bin full.

The problem with this theory is that the phone signals show that Corrie's mobile went from BSE straight towards Barton Mills, which is not in the direction of the base.

If the signal really did go "straight" between the two points then the route must have been the A1101 as that really does go straight between them. However, there are very few businesses along the route which might have required commercial refuse removal in the early hours - a few pubs and then places such as the Little Chef and McDonalds once you get to the A11 almost at Barton Mills itself. Since bin lorries tend to be quite noisy you wouldn't want one visiting a residential area (such as a pub in a village) in the early hours unless you had to.

Is there anything to suggest it was actually stopping and collecting rubbish or just driving through?

I can't understand why the police are ruling out kidnap.
They haven't strictly, it's been said that they don't suspect a terrorist kidnapping. If he'd been abducted by terrorist then they organisation responsible would've been shouting it from the rooftops or making demands well before now.

They haven't strictly, it's been said that they don't suspect a terrorist kidnapping. If he'd been abducted by terrorist then they organisation responsible would've been shouting it from the rooftops or making demands well before now.

There are a lot of terrorist groups that buy and trade Kidnapped victims. The attempted abduction of the RAF lad in Norfolk in January is a prime example, why did they try to bundle him into a car instead of harming him?

There are a lot of terrorist groups that buy and trade Kidnapped victims. The attempted abduction of the RAF lad in Norfolk in January is a prime example, why did they try to bundle him into a car instead of harming him?
Isn't this an ALLEGED abduction attempt? So far as i've read, there's been no cctv, no arrests, no intelligence to back it up, also in Corrie's case, I'm sure the Police know far more than is put in the public eye.

Isn't this an ALLEGED abduction attempt? So far as i've read, there's been no cctv, no arrests, no intelligence to back it up, also in Corrie's case, I'm sure the Police know far more than is put in the public eye.

I don't think the serviceman involved would call it "alleged". Yes the police would know more and will only release snippets.

Can we comment on where the police were seen searching today? It's from social media so unsure is that considered gossip or not.

I don't think the serviceman involved would call it "alleged". Yes the police would know more and will only release snippets.
Can you vouch for the serviceman involved personally?

Can we comment on where the police were seen searching today? It's from social media so unsure is that considered gossip or not.
If it's from a police page or directly from the family, I 'think' that's allowed

Police say they've still lots of footage to go through but they're confident he didn't leave on foot so it looks like someone has him. I feel so sorry for his mother.

It's good to see some more activity on the thread today, I've been a bit disappointed in how few people have been trying to help find Corrie.

I wish the police would be more forthcoming with information and give us a definite timeline, I don't know if it was deliberate buy they allowed people to believe that the CCTV released was the 3.20am footage rather than from a couple of hours earlier, surely that can't be helpful if they want to try and jog the memory of anyone out that night.

Any ideas why they weren't clearer from the start?

Unless his phone fell out of his pocket while he was sleeping in the doorway and he didn't notice. But that wouldn't explain how it ended up in Barton Mills.

Everything about this case feels wrong. Nothing makes sense.

This is exactly what I think, nothing's adding up

I've been constantly checking here and the facebook page but don't have anything to add to the discussion that already hasn't been said.

Saying that, sleeping in a doorway for 2 hours seems like a long time. He must have been freezing when he woke up! I'm thinking he could have quite willingly got in someone's car with the thought of that long walk ahead of him. He must have sobered up somewhat but could have been drowsy and not on full alert making him far more vulnerable than he normally would be.

It's good to see some more activity on the thread today, I've been a bit disappointed in how few people have been trying to help find Corrie.

I wish the police would be more forthcoming with information and give us a definite timeline, I don't know if it was deliberate buy they allowed people to believe that the CCTV released was the 3.20am footage rather than from a couple of hours earlier, surely that can't be helpful if they want to try and jog the memory of anyone out that night.

Any ideas why they weren't clearer from the start?

The footage they released was incredible quality, a clear image can jog a lot of memories. Plus if the last footage they have of him is of him getting up after being asleep in a doorway for a few hours it could be a bit undignifying to release that to the general public.

Saying that, sleeping in a doorway for 2 hours seems like a long time. He must have been freezing when he woke up! I'm thinking he could have quite willingly got in someone's car with the thought of that long walk ahead of him. He must have sobered up somewhat but could have been drowsy and not on full alert making him far more vulnerable than he normally would be.
I don't understand why he was "known to sleep in doorways" as though this is considered normal behaviour. Since when has doing that become socially acceptable?

I once had to sleep in a shed for a few hours as I got locked out and it was so horrendous, this was over 20 years ago but I still remember how horrible, disorientated and cold I felt when I woke up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper