UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's never as dark as you think it is, even without a moon. Some years ago, when I was dealing with a bad bout of depression, I used to go out and walk the common near my home at night. I never took a torch of any sort, and I never had a problem finding my way. It would have been easier with a road to follow. Alcohol-wise, the cost of drinks in pubs means people often drink before they go out.

But I also don't think he got very far with his plan of walking home. I just want him to be found.

I think your impression of darkness depends on where you live. I know that without a moon it would be very difficult to walk around my local area in the middle of night and certainly not safely on a narrow road or on a footpath across fields, If you're not knocked down you risk a twisted ankle. With all the recent extra information imo he didn't try to walk home.

Surely if he was on CCTV at ~03:20 and on the next possible cameras he wasn't seen then he got in a vehicle. Ergo check all footage for vehicles (mostly taxi's at that time) entering/exiting the "dead" zone.

I would think this is exactly what they are doing right now if they really are confident he isn't in the city centre nor been missed on CCTV.

This would seem to be the obvious action to take, so obvious that it must have been done and yet nothing seems to have been found - very odd

Wow confused again.

The only CCTV / still image I have seen of Corrie is outside the grapes pub. MSM initial reports read like that was at 3:20am hence the reason why a lot of us on here thought that was strange as the pub was still open & he had food (not a lot of fast foods are open at this time). Now reports are saying this was at 1:30am or around abouts which makes more sense (in my head) given he had food, bouncers were on door etc. and 'other' unseen footage sees him at 3:20am assuming this was at the point he got up from a brief sleep!

Where is the poor quality CCTV I have missed?

Also, his brother said he was texting him that night and Corrie had took his car at around 11pm to meet friends for drinks and left his car. He wasn't out long...if this is true.

BBM - the poor quailty CCTV hasn't been made public and i don't suppose it will be if it's not possible to see anything clearly enough, it's frustrating that it took so long for the position re the different CCTV footages to be clarified

Yeah, that was also my thought. Woke up, and sent maybe a funny snapchat 'just woke up' or something. Been thinking if it was Snapchat the pictures that are sent privately are only shown for a maximum of about 10 seconds and are deleted as such unless u screenshot them. I wonder if he used this method and if the police would even be able to retrieve the picture.
Not necessarily, photos can appear on your Snapchat 'story' now for 24 hour (I believe)

Not necessarily, photos can appear on your Snapchat 'story' now for 24 hour (I believe)

That's why I made It clear and said 'private photos on snapchat' u send to only a select friend or whomever u choose to. No matter at what time the friend looked at it be the morning at 10am or 3am it will be time stamped and unless the receipent screenshots the said picture it is only visible for 10 seconds max.

If it was on his story (which is 24 hours) it would be multiple friends had seen a shared photo.

But again...don't even know if it was snapchat he sent it, I'm only assuming.

We know he was eating the food at 1.20 so I'd guess he must have bought it max 15 mins before that. Maybe they have CCTV of the takeaway too.

The take away he bought that from is literally a minute across the road from the Grapes. It's on St Andrews St. There are a couple of tables and chairs inside where you can eat, but it's usually quite full and raucous at that time.

Sorry if it's already been asked, but do we know why he got separated from his friends?

Sorry for the double post, but the 3:20am CCTV supposedly outside The Grapes, always puzzled me. I have been to the Grapes recently and I've not known it stay open till 3am unless NYE.

Sorry for the double post, but the 3:20am CCTV supposedly outside The Grapes, always puzzled me. I have been to the Grapes recently and I've not known it stay open till 3am unless NYE.

No I think that was the 1:30 footage (see timeline above). There is more CCTV from 3:24am when he was seen leaving the doorway he'd napped in but it hasn't been released to the public yet.

No I think that was the 1:30 footage (see timeline above). There is more CCTV from 3:24am when he was seen leaving the doorway he'd napped in but it hasn't been released to the public yet.

Thanks, I thought as much as it didn't ring true that there would be bouncers outside The Grapes at 3:20 am.

I wonder where the later footage of him was captured then.

Another thing that surprises me is that he would be able to sleep in a doorway, unless it was slightly off the center of town. Usually both the police and town pastors are out and about on a Friday night and if he was seen he would have most likely been moved on/helped if he were in the center of town.

Eta: We don't have that much of a homeless problem in BSE, but the Police usual move them and drunken people on their way. In that respect this town is a bit pearl clutchy and the center of town is also booze free in that you cannot drink bottles, cans etc for a mile in the town centre. Not that this applies to Corrie, but just trying to give some context as to what this town is like.

The take away he bought that from is literally a minute across the road from the Grapes. It's on St Andrews St. There are a couple of tables and chairs inside where you can eat, but it's usually quite full and raucous at that time.

Sorry if it's already been asked, but do we know why he got separated from his friends?

No, it hasn't been reported as to why he became estranged from them. Does anyone else wonder why the friends whom he was out with haven't commented on the night out they had. Maybe they are fellow sqdrns and are being advised not to. Who knows.

Thanks, I thought as much as it didn't ring true that there would be bouncers outside The Grapes at 3:20 am.

Another thing that surprises me is that he would be able to sleep in a doorway, unless it was slightly off the center of town. Usually both the police and town pastors are out and about on a Friday night and if he was seen he would have most likely been moved on/helped if he were in the center of town.

Well I was thinking about this while looking at maps (having never been to BSE). The police said the 3 teenagers were behind the Cornhill shopping centre, which is not far from where he was last seen. So I'm thinking he has kipped somewhere near there, somewhere with only 1 camera and then maybe walked up towards behind the Cornhill which looks quite residential and would explain the lack of cameras. Is there a car park up there somewhere, or do people park up those residential roads? I'm guessing he's familiar with that end of town as his fave takeout is up there and wondering if he parked nearby. I have no idea about the layout of the town though, you probably have a better idea about what sort of night out he was having if he was mainly in that area.

I read the reports as "he separated" from he friends rather than "he got separated" so he went off for food and they didn't, I don't see anything sinister in them going their own ways after 1am

Well I was thinking about this while looking at maps (having never been to BSE). The police said the 3 teenagers were behind the Cornhill shopping centre, which is not far from where he was last seen. So I'm thinking he has kipped somewhere near there, somewhere with only 1 camera and then maybe walked up towards behind the Cornhill which looks quite residential and would explain the lack of cameras. Is there a car park up there somewhere, or do people park up those residential roads? I'm guessing he's familiar with that end of town as his fave takeout is up there and wondering if he parked nearby. I have no idea about the layout of the town though, you probably have a better idea about what sort of night out he was having if he was mainly in that area.

If they were near the back of the Cornhill (which is pretty much an empty old small shopping arcade) then yes, it is quite dark down there (if he was in one of the doorways in the streets down there) I'm also not sure as to whether there would be any cameras down there. They would have been near Mc Donald's (opposite the entrance to Cornhill Walk) and possibly on the bottom of the road behind McDonald's.

Personally, I would not want to sleep in a doorway down there (too dark and quiet) but then I'm female and not in the forces. I can't remember if there is a car park near there, if I get chance tomorrow I will go and walk down there after work and check.
Eta: residential streets where people park on the road.

Eta: We don't have that much of a homeless problem in BSE, but the Police usual move them and drunken people on their way. In that respect this town is a bit pearl clutchy and the center of town is also booze free in that you cannot drink bottles, cans etc for a mile in the town centre. Not that this applies to Corrie, but just trying to give some context as to what this town is like.

Thanks for that local insight, it is odd that he could sleep unchallenged in the cirucmstances you describe, another strange thing about this case. The newspaper report says a "nearby doorway" which suggests still in the centre to me

Would be good to know what street and what doorway he slept in, along with what time he entered it since we know when he emerged.

We have the best detectives in the world (IMO) but it does annoy me, the lack of information and the bitty info.

Anyway, I am in no way faulting the police. I know they will have their reasons as to why they haven't released certain things.

Thanks for that local insight, it is odd that he could sleep unchallenged in the cirucmstances you describe, another strange thing about this case. The newspaper report says a "nearby doorway" which suggests still in the centre to me

I suppose he could have gone in one of the quieter doorways and not necessarily been seen. But still at around 1:20 - 3:30am there would still have been people about.
If he had carried on straight down Brentgrovel St and gone in a doorway there it would have been quieter than right in the center.

I'm just upset that he hasn't shown up safely. This has happened in the town I live in and he was stationed half a mile from where I grew up. I have always thought of this town as fairly safe, so this case has me unsettled and worried for him and his family.

Hi

I am no where near the area but have been following this case closely on the Facebook group and it was reported on there it was Hughes doorway just next to where he was last seen on camera. The teenagers who the police were looking for were around the Cornhill area or back of super drug if that means anything to anyone local?

Hi

I am no where near the area but have been following this case closely on the Facebook group and it was reported on there it was Hughes doorway just next to where he was last seen on camera. The teenagers who the police were looking for were around the Cornhill area or back of super drug if that means anything to anyone local?

Oooh that's strange, when I did a little walk round on street view earlier I thought that would be a good doorway to stop in. As doorways go I imagine it would feel like quite a safe one. Very close to where he was last spotted by the pub. So, did he then set off up one of the northward residential roads as if heading to the A134 and get mugged, or hit by a car, or offered a lift? If he had his phone at 3 when he messaged his mate then he probably still had it when he left the doorway a 3:24, in which case something happened very soon afterwards for his phone to start moving rapidly.

Oooh that's strange, when I did a little walk round on street view earlier I thought that would be a good doorway to stop in. As doorways go I imagine it would feel like quite a safe one. Very close to where he was last spotted by the pub. So, did he then set off up one of the northward residential roads as if heading to the A134 and get mugged, or hit by a car, or offered a lift? If he had his phone at 3 when he messaged his mate then he probably still had it when he left the doorway a 3:24, in which case something happened very soon afterwards for his phone to start moving rapidly.

It is very strange, I have had a look on Google maps as well and I am presuming it's the same camera which shows him sleeping and leaving the doorway which should then also show which direction he walked off in, if it is towards the residential way that would explain the lack of cctv and could as you say be where something happened.

Yes..all so strange.

I am sitting wondering about the bin lorry story now, seems so out there giving we now have the timeline. And given he had his phone at 3am...what bin lorry is out at that time? Maybe a private one as people were saying but I find it so unrealistic. The information was so random and unverified that the police could have kept it to themselves and instead requested MSM to edit the time reported on every article I seen up until tonight of the CCTV sighting at the grapes pub. Or better still gave the correct time out in a manner that the media could report on it correctly! What a mistake to make, its HUGE IMO potential witnesses could have maybe discounted a sighting at a different location due to MSM reporting that he was at the grapes pub at 3:20am - wow, I would not be happy if I were his family.

His poor family. Please come home safe Corrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper