UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The footage they released was incredible quality, a clear image can jog a lot of memories. Plus if the last footage they have of him is of him getting up after being asleep in a doorway for a few hours it could be a bit undignifying to release that to the general public.

I agree but my point was why did the police let everyone believe that the HD footage was the last time he was seen? It's probably not important in finding him but we are told that we can only use MSM sources on here and the vagueness by the police is leading to misinformation.

For example

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ay-down-fears-missing-serviceman-was-abducted

"Corrie McKeague, 23, was last seen in the early hours of 24 September when CCTV footage showed him with a takeaway meal meandering through the streets of Bury St Edmunds, 11 miles from his base at RAF Honington. "

We now know this isn't true, the last CCTV is the poor quality one at around 1.30am, not the HD one

I can't find the post but someone stated earlier that Corrie arrived in BSE fairly late that evening having driven his own car? I feel like I don't have a timeline straight in my mind at all.

?? Arrived at BSE. Where did he go and who did he meet?

1:30am walking around BSE centre with takeaway past the Grapes.

??3:20am last sighting - waking up from doorway?

Is this right?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Wow confused again.

The only CCTV / still image I have seen of Corrie is outside the grapes pub. MSM initial reports read like that was at 3:20am hence the reason why a lot of us on here thought that was strange as the pub was still open & he had food (not a lot of fast foods are open at this time). Now reports are saying this was at 1:30am or around abouts which makes more sense (in my head) given he had food, bouncers were on door etc. and 'other' unseen footage sees him at 3:20am assuming this was at the point he got up from a brief sleep!

Where is the poor quality CCTV I have missed?

Also, his brother said he was texting him that night and Corrie had took his car at around 11pm to meet friends for drinks and left his car. He wasn't out long...if this is true.

Wow confused again.

The only CCTV / still image I have seen of Corrie is outside the grapes pub. MSM initial reports read like that was at 3:20am hence the reason why a lot of us on here thought that was strange as the pub was still open & he had food (not a lot of fast foods are open at this time). Now reports are saying this was at 1:30am or around abouts which makes more sense (in my head) given he had food, bouncers were on door etc. and 'other' unseen footage sees him at 3:20am assuming this was at the point he got up from a brief sleep!

Where is the poor quality CCTV I have missed?

Also, his brother said he was texting him that night and Corrie had took his car at around 11pm to meet friends for drinks and left his car. He wasn't out long...if this is true.

Not long, but long enough to get pretty drunk if you drink quickly enough.

Not long, but long enough to get pretty drunk if you drink quickly enough.
Making assumptions here but 23 yo guy, drinking for 2 hrs.... I don't think he's going to be absolutely wasted unless he spends 2 hrs doing jagerbombs and tequila shots.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Yeah although i'd think the food along with a sleep would sober him up a bit...just assuming. I feel so sorry for his family, how can they have him on CCTV one minute and just poof...gone the next!

It does remind me of Adrian although they had no CCTV of him.

I'm not trying to say that Corrie was superhuman but, we can't think of how 'we' would think about walking home or sleeping in a doorway. Corrie is an RAF gunner, a very fit young man, trained to survive in a war situation so walking in the dark, through fields or not won't be as big a deal as for you or I...

Having said all that, I'm not convinced he did walk home that night.

Surely if he was on CCTV at ~03:20 and on the next possible cameras he wasn't seen then he got in a vehicle. Ergo check all footage for vehicles (mostly taxi's at that time) entering/exiting the "dead" zone.

I would think this is exactly what they are doing right now if they really are confident he isn't in the city centre nor been missed on CCTV.

It's never as dark as you think it is, even without a moon. Some years ago, when I was dealing with a bad bout of depression, I used to go out and walk the common near my home at night. I never took a torch of any sort, and I never had a problem finding my way. It would have been easier with a road to follow. Alcohol-wise, the cost of drinks in pubs means people often drink before they go out.

But I also don't think he got very far with his plan of walking home. I just want him to be found.

I'm not trying to say that Corrie was superhuman but, we can't think of how 'we' would think about walking home or sleeping in a doorway. Corrie is an RAF gunner, a very fit young man, trained to survive in a war situation so walking in the dark, through fields or not won't be as big a deal as for you or I...

Having said all that, I'm not convinced he did walk home that night.

Totally agree with you there.
I grew up half a mile from RAF Honnington and still live very nearby.
The RAF guys run for miles around farm land as part of their PT, in my younger, more stupid days my brother and I have both walked back from BSE at night. It didn't take all that long.

Great article, thanks for posting!

Basic timeline:

Fri night - Corrie drove into BSE with friends, later on got separated from friends and got takeout food at Mama Mia on St Andrews Street
Sat 1:20am - seen with food walking past pub The Grapes on corner of St Andrews / Brentgovel St
Sat early hours - seen on CCTV having a nap in a nearby doorway (location unknown)
Sat 3:24am - wakes up and walks off
3:24 - 4:30am - phone moves from Bury to Barton at "car speed"
4:20am - Three teenagers seen on CCTV behind Cornhill Walk shopping centre in Bury. It is believed they may have seen Corrie.

Basic timeline:

Fri night - Corrie drove into BSE with friends, later on got separated from friends and got takeout food at Mama Mia on St Andrews Street
Sat 1:20am - seen with food walking past pub The Grapes on corner of St Andrews / Brentgovel St
Sat early hours - seen on CCTV having a nap in a nearby doorway (location unknown)
4:20am - Three teenagers seen on CCTV behind Cornhill Walk shopping centre in Bury. It is believed they may have seen Corrie.

Scuse me if I'm stating the bloody obvious.... but if Corrie's phone moves off at car speed toward Barton and Corrie may have been spotted still in Bury..... he's not with his phone after the doorway nap....? And what is he doing still in the centre of BSE for the next hour....?

Basic timeline:

Just to add to your timeline from the express website:-

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/719076/RAF-missing-airman-Corrie-McKeague-awol-regiment-cared-puppy-Honington

Darroch (Corrie's brother) last spoke with him at 10.50pm on the night of his disappearance and he sounded cheerful and happy.'

'Corrie’s mobile phone records show he sent a picture to a friend at 3am'

Which would mean either he slept for only 24mins or he slept from just after 1:20am (awake and walking at the grapes) until 3am as he must have been been awake when sending the picture & of course the unreleased CCTV shows him coming out of a doorway at 3:24am. What is baffling me is the snippets of information given...they obviously know the time of when he enterted the doorway if they have CCTV of him emerging...so why not give the time of entering. Sorry, I am aware I am rambling!

Assuming he sent the picture but it appears they believe he did, maybe the picture was of himself and that's how they know for definite.

Scuse me if I'm stating the bloody obvious.... but if Corrie's phone moves off at car speed toward Barton and Corrie may have been spotted still in Bury..... he's not with his phone after the doorway nap....? And what is he doing still in the centre of BSE for the next hour....?
It only takes 20 minutes to drive between BSE and Barton so I think they mean the phone moved anytime between 3.24 and 4.30am. Does this mean the suspects took Corrie and his phone to Barton then drove back to BSE as that seems to be the only way they are then on film later. I wonder did he stumble back to his car and encountered car thieves, he did have a BMW.

Is it just me but does sending a picture, given the circumstances, seem unusual? I mean you are a bit drunk and been sleeping in a doorway for 1.5 hrs and randomly send a picture.

I wonder what the pic is? Probably nothing but you never know.

Basic timeline:

When did he buy the food?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to add to your timeline from the express website:-

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/71...-McKeague-awol-regiment-cared-puppy-Honington

Darroch (Corrie's brother) last spoke with him at 10.50pm on the night of his disappearance and he sounded cheerful and happy.'

'Corrie’s mobile phone records show he sent a picture to a friend at 3am'

Which would mean either he slept for only 24mins or he slept from just after 1:20am (awake and walking at the grapes) until 3am as he must have been been awake when sending the picture & of course the unreleased CCTV shows him coming out of a doorway at 3:24am. What is baffling me is the snippets of information given...they obviously know the time of when he enterted the doorway if they have CCTV of him emerging...so why not give the time of entering. Sorry, I am aware I am rambling!

Assuming he sent the picture but it appears they believe he did, maybe the picture was of himself and that's how they know for definite.

You're right - that's another thing that doesn't add up, the length of the nap.

If they have CCTV of him in the doorway at 3am they will know where his phone was at 3am from pings so they can safely conclude that he sent the picture, could well be a jokey one about dossing down in a doorway.

You're right - that's another thing that doesn't add up, the length of the nap.

If they have CCTV of him in the doorway at 3am they will know where his phone was at 3am from pings so they can safely conclude that he sent the picture, could well be a jokey one about dossing down in a doorway.

Yeah, that was also my thought. Woke up, and sent maybe a funny snapchat 'just woke up' or something. Been thinking if it was Snapchat the pictures that are sent privately are only shown for a maximum of about 10 seconds and are deleted as such unless u screenshot them. I wonder if he used this method and if the police would even be able to retrieve the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member