UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that be a busy part of town between 1am and 3am? Roughly how many people might have walked past him, like a few, or dozens or hundreds?

There aren't that many late night clubs/pubs/bars in the town tbh. There is the Grapes, carooz (or however it's spelt?) Opposite the Grapes and the gym bar all within a few hundred meters of one another. Further down the road...walking right from the Grapes is LP and Flex. Ivory was still open it closed down the next night). So it's not a huge clubbing area, these are not huge clubs. We are a small town. In the area he was in there was no real reason to go that way unless you were walking home to the residential streets nearby. the takeaways are near the Grapes and the taxi rank is near Flex & LP.

That area is not the greatest lit, there are better, brighter streets. But the Police do tend to drive past the Grapes...and turn down st John's Street, but should have seen him in Hughes doorway. If he was at the back of super drug there are dumpster and it's a pedestrianised Street. I'd say a few to perhaps double figures.
Depends on how many were out that night, it was a weekend perform most people's pay days.

Does it say where the car is parked?

+1 I wonder why his car has been left in situ? (if true)

I would like to know where his car was parked too and to know if his friends, who had also driven to BSE, walked back to base like they say Corrie did regularly?

I was trying to have a look and see where there might be free parking as if he was leaving the far surely charges would then kick in on the Saturday morning before he collected it?

There is a bus service, looks like 8am is the first one gets to BSE around 0830. I was just wondering if he prearranged a lift with someone usually when he drove in.

There is a bus service, looks like 8am is the first one gets to BSE around 0830. I was just wondering if he prearranged a lift with someone usually when he drove in.

Yeah the buses were few and far between that way. IIRR the last bus from BSE to the camp is at 18:00 Monday to Saturday. Believe you me, in my teenage years that was very frustrating.
Think that the last bus in to BSE was about 17:00.

Just been on stv news to say they are expanding the search area. It showed honnington which has a sign outside asking for any information to call a number or the police.

Nearly 3 weeks in...where are you Corrie..

I was trying to have a look and see where there might be free parking as if he was leaving the far surely charges would then kick in on the Saturday morning before he collected it?
We are just trying to think which ones are free. As I live so close to town I tend to walk. OH thinks that the Halfords car park near Waitrose would be free and the roads are, I think after 6pm a lot of the parking is much cheaper. Not sure what time the charges kick in. Will look next time I'm in the town center.

Maybe they did check but haven't made that information public. Would they move people on or let them sleep a little if they're not causing any trouble?

They tend to nicely move you on. My OH fell asleep on a bench a few years back and the police walked him home. I was texting a friend on a bench about 50 m from Hughes and the police stopped to check I was OK. I've helped drunk people before to make sure we could locate their friends/get them home. Being a small town people tend to help. The police don't tend to move the homeless on if they are just sleeping.

I'm really surprised the police didn't search the picnic site at Barton Mills given the phone data they have....It's quite a "different" place at that time of night
I find it odd that none of his colleagues have spoken out, or reported him missing sooner.
Hope he's found soon

I'm really surprised the police didn't search the picnic site at Barton Mills given the phone data they have....It's quite a "different" place at that time of night
I find it odd that none of his colleagues have spoken out, or reported him missing sooner.
Hope he's found soon
Do we know that the picnic site you mention hasn't been searched? If I'm picking up on what's between the lines, is this picnic site a 'pick up' site at night?

By "different" do you mean it's the local dogging spot or a gay pick up spot? Or just where the local teens go to hang out and drink or do drugs?

By "different" do you mean it's the local dogging spot or a gay pick up spot? Or just where the local teens go to hang out and drink or do drugs?

I just hope this young fella hasn't been caught up with being afraid to come out "IF" he is gay, too many are afraid of the stigma that is still unfortunately looming today :(
and can you imagine how he's feeling with all the publicity if he has decided to time out for a while... I just hope and pray he's alive and well.

I just hope this young fella hasn't been caught up with being afraid to come out "IF" he is gay, too many are afraid of the stigma that is still unfortunately looming today :(
and can you imagine how he's feeling with all the publicity if he has decided to time out for a while... I just hope and pray he's alive and well.
I genuinely don't believe this is the case. His family seem very close, very open and if you watch any of his videos on YouTube you'll see that there was no hiding of anything and being afraid to express himself.

I genuinely don't believe this is the case. His family seem very close, very open and if you watch any of his videos on YouTube you'll see that there was no hiding of anything and being afraid to express himself.

Yes he does look like he's from a very loving, supportive family. I didn't see the videos on YouTube, I must go watch them thanks.

Where are you Corrie?!?!?

:thinking:

:candle:

So sad that this has gone cold already, I wish the police had something more they could release to the public to help with the search

A mans body been found in boot of car near Glossop no head or limbs, I know its not near did make me wonder dreadful whoever the poor man is :(

So sad that this has gone cold already, I wish the police had something more they could release to the public to help with the search

It's very sad indeed it's amazing how people can just vanish. Corrie's family must be going through hell.

I've not seen any of the interviews with Corrie's parents so can't judge whether his coming out would be a problem from his family's point of view, but other people's comments suggest that's unlikely. However after earlier vehement opposition, the UK armed forces today are very gay-friendly and contingents from all branches march in uniform at Pride events, so I really don't think there would be any problems about him coming out at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper