UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I've not been able to watch this latest piece of CCTV video as it seems you can only watch it by logging into Facebook. Which I'm not on. Has anyone seen the footage elsewhere please? I'd like to see what the rest of you are talking about :(
Sky news website has a copy of the video.

I must admit I personally don't see anything out of the ordinary in the final cctv.

The supposed "other person" in the video is Corrie - if you trace the trajectory of where the "person" goes and Corrie appears it is one and the same.

I can't see a limp. My OH walks very similar when his hands are in his pockets.

It looks to me like he is just a bit cold. In one of the links I've posted previously I remember his mom saying that it wasn't usual for him to walk back to Base from town but that he had done it on occasions. So...why did he choose to walk back that night? Do we even know he was planning on going back to Base? AFAIK he was not due back to work until Monday so perhaps he was planning to go somewhere else that night?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Needing to throw up is an interesting idea.

The other thing is the half hour between this camera showing Corrie going toward that bin area and the time the bin lorry turned up. Why would he hang around that area for half an hour? Why didn't the bin men see someone there?

If his hands were in his pockets because he was cold, he's not going to sit down again and get even more chilled, is he? If he set off back to base at a good pace, then he'd warm up from his own body heat.

Or does he exit the bin area and run across a car that offers him a lift?

I am trying not to read too much into his body language, I just think he's cold, I noticed that his shirt blows in the wind a couple of times.
In regards to him looking around yes he could go for a pee, go to be sick, or just my hunch but waiting around for someone and looking about waiting for them to arrive.

Sure someone mentioned he communicated with someone at around 3am then this clip is 20-25 minutes later. Would that give someone time to collect him from elsewhere or even from out of that town centre. Surely he would have set straight back on his walk at 3am if that was ever his intention, therefore I get the impression he seemed to hold back from walking back and is definitely waiting for someone there.

Hello,I've been a long term reader but felt I had to post ,hope this is not out of turn but has it been n mentioned if he is gay or not ? When I looked at his personal Facebook its the immediate impression I got,of course that's not a problem but in this case I think it's a hate crime :( I also noticed on one of corriee photos that someone with the same surname ,a Darroch left inflammatory comments such as "major ******" and worse still "this man touches kids be warned" to which corrie doesn't reply, probably just "banter" from his brother but it is public and could of made him a target,I live in east Anglia and violent crime is not as rare as people think,my son got stabbed in the head and spine when saving his friends,the attacker also made comments about him being "fat" so hate crime still happens, and if something happened to corrie because he was gay that's awful, ii think police need to pull in people with previous hate crime cautions !! I too feel uneasy about the flat ? Above the bins

Barton Mills has long been a Gay "cruising" spot at night, there's been crimes committed there before too :-(

Sky news website has a copy of the video.

I must admit I personally don't see anything out of the ordinary in the final cctv.

Thank you - I've watched it a couple of times and it does seem to me as though his right leg is a bit stiff as though he has a touch of cramp.

It looks to me like he is just a bit cold. In one of the links I've posted previously I remember his mom saying that it wasn't usual for him to walk back to Base from town but that he had done it on occasions. So...why did he choose to walk back that night? Do we even know he was planning on going back to Base? AFAIK he was not due back to work until Monday so perhaps he was planning to go somewhere else that night?

I'm not sure that I see anything worrying there, more that he looks uncertain about what to do and is trying to make up his mind. If he is cold, he could be thinking about taking a taxi rather than walking for instance.

This is the scenario I was concerned about earlier. I am not a man but surely he would look very attractive to a male predator who preys on young men? If they were driving around it would be so innocent to just offer this guy a lift, but he's soo attractive...and he's probably not interested in what they want. How easily could this go wrong?

Barton Mills has long been a Gay "cruising" spot at night, there's been crimes committed there before too :-(

Needing to throw up is an interesting idea.

The other thing is the half hour between this camera showing Corrie going toward that bin area and the time the bin lorry turned up. Why would he hang around that area for half an hour? Why didn't the bin men see someone there?

If his hands were in his pockets because he was cold, he's not going to sit down again and get even more chilled, is he? If he set off back to base at a good pace, then he'd warm up from his own body heat.

Or does he exit the bin area and run across a car that offers him a lift?

The logical answer would be that he didn't hang around for half an hour, he peed, puked or whatever then moved on as the camera was pointing away. Now the police must know the time spans that the camera wasn't covering that way between 3.30 and 4am so that should narrow down the times they need to check the other cameras along possible routes.

I am trying not to read too much into his body language, I just think he's cold, I noticed that his shirt blows in the wind a couple of times.
In regards to him looking around yes he could go for a pee, go to be sick, or just my hunch but waiting around for someone and looking about waiting for them to arrive.

Sure someone mentioned he communicated with someone at around 3am then this clip is 20-25 minutes later. Would that give someone time to collect him from elsewhere or even from out of that town centre. Surely he would have set straight back on his walk at 3am if that was ever his intention, therefore I get the impression he seemed to hold back from walking back and is definitely waiting for someone there.

The communication was a picture message sent to one of his brothers and according to the facebook group was a picture of the two of them together taken at some time in the past. There wasn't any arrangement to meet up with anyone over the phone but he could have arranged something in person earlier in the evening. IMO given how drunk he was though he wouldn't have been in a fit state to reliably make a meeting, he couldn't hve known he woudl fall asleep for 2 hours and I don't see him making an arrangement that would have involved hanging around the town centre for several hours

This is the scenario I was concerned about earlier. I am not a man but surely he would look very attractive to a male predator who preys on young men? If they were driving around it would be so innocent to just offer this guy a lift, but he's soo attractive...and he's probably not interested in what they want. How easily could this go wrong?

Certainly plausible. In a past life my partner had a lot of involvement in theatre, which brought me into contact with quite a few, mostly young, gay men. One I got to know quite well. He told me that there's a period between 16 and 24 when gay men are at their "prettiest" and are courted quite strongly, often by much older men who take on the role of sugar daddies. Once they hit their mid 20s they tend to be ditched for the next generation of pretty boys but during their "best years" some can do quite well financially out of the arrangement. This guy said it was very much a mistress/courtesan arrangement.

I don't know if it is true or how much of it may be true. I merely pass on what I was told.

As to Corrie, yes he was at the end of this period, but his photographs do indeed make him look very attractive and his military physique would no doubt have its own attractions. That said, as has been said before, there's nothing to suggest he is/was gay, but that doesn't mean he could not have been hit on by a gay predator if one took a fancy to him.

IMO given how drunk he was though he wouldn't have been in a fit state to reliably make a meeting, he couldn't hve known he woudl fall asleep for 2 hours and I don't see him making an arrangement that would have involved hanging around the town centre for several hours

Do we actually know how much he did drink?

He certainly could have necked quite a few pints between, say, 11.15 which is when he probably arrived in BSE and the point he left the pub and separatey from his friends. One the other hand, he might have had just 2 pints during that period.

2 pints would probably be enough to put him over the drink-drive limit.

Have the police said how much he drank?

The communication was a picture message sent to one of his brothers and according to the facebook group was a picture of the two of them together taken at some time in the past. There wasn't any arrangement to meet up with anyone over the phone but he could have arranged something in person earlier in the evening. IMO given how drunk he was though he wouldn't have been in a fit state to reliably make a meeting, he couldn't hve known he woudl fall asleep for 2 hours and I don't see him making an arrangement that would have involved hanging around the town centre for several hours

I think it could have been a pre arranged lift home, maybe something he has done in the past. Maybe that vehicle was parked there and he was waiting. What time do the pubs or clubs close, 3.30 seems a good time for closing. If he was okay sending messages then I would think he wasn't too drunk, he hadn't been out too long also.

He certainly could have necked quite a few pints between, say, 11.15 which is when he probably arrived in BSE and the point he left the pub and separatey from his friends. One the other hand, he might have had just 2 pints during that period.

I think that for a young and fit servicemen that semi-regularly walked back 8-10 miles to base after a night out could only make it less than 100 metres from the takeaway before having to spend 2 hours in a doorway, asleep or not, suggests he was quite the worse for wear, though. Even after this he still looked pretty unsteady on his feet.

I think that for a young and fit servicemen that semi-regularly walked back 8-10 miles to base after a night out could only make it less than 100 metres from the takeaway before having to spend 2 hours in a doorway, asleep or not, suggests he was quite the worse for wear, though. Even after this he still looked pretty unsteady on his feet.

is it possible he was spiked earlier that night

The communication was a picture message sent to one of his brothers and according to the facebook group was a picture of the two of them together taken at some time in the past.

Could this be quite a telling clue?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Anything is possible I guess, but think it more likely he drank a lot in a short period (less than 2 hours) and it hit him just before going into the doorway.

I think it could have been a pre arranged lift home, maybe something he has done in the past. Maybe that vehicle was parked there and he was waiting. What time do the pubs or clubs close, 3.30 seems a good time for closing. If he was okay sending messages then I would think he wasn't too drunk, he hadn't been out too long also.

Information posted by Corrie's family on the facebook group:_

They are sure he was drunk, he was thrown out of the club for being drunk

They are fairly sure he was planning to walk home as he'd told someone at some time in the evening

His mum is sure that drugs aren't a factor.

Everyone must decide if they believe what the family do, personally I think all these things fit with what we've seen and imo are correct. It has also been stated, not by family but not contradicted by them either, that Corrie was being loud and argumentative in the pizza place

Anything is possible I guess, but think it more likely he drank a lot in a short period (less than 2 hours) and it hit him just before going into the doorway.

surely someone must know how much and what he had to drink. this is the reason I mentioned him possibly being spiked, it might not have hit him until he sat and ate his takeaway hence him being asleep for a couple of hours and looking more unsteady than the earlier cctv

surely someone must know how much and what he had to drink. this is the reason I mentioned him possibly being spiked, it might not have hit him until he sat and ate his takeaway hence him being asleep for a couple of hours and looking more unsteady than the earlier cctv
I don't think he'd been spiked, if by any chance he was then the spiker wouldn't spike him then let him leave, get food and sleep in a doorway for 2 Hours and then happen to chance upon him again.

The difference in him between cctv1 and cctv2 is that in 1 he's drunk and wide awake and in 2 he's been asleep, he's woken up freezing cold and feeling like *advertiser censored* - not as drunk and merry as before.

To address the gay predator theory - I think it more likely if anything that he'd get homophobic abuse due to his fashion sense than he would likely meet a gay abductor/murderer - they tend to pick up men on Grindr or in certain places as opposed to wandering around market towns in the early hours ...

I've watched the CCTV about a thousand times now and it just doesn't make sense.

When I was younger I would almost always walk the 4 miles home after a night out. When it came to walking home I would go into mission mode, often dreaming of my warm bed and the fry up i'd have the next morning. I think that when he woke up, he got his bearings and then set off. I think he was jogging along to get on his way quicker. So why does he then suddenly look almost lost? He must know the area fairly well by now and that he needed to go straight ahead to get home so why the hesitance?

When he reaches the end of the road he sees something to his right that seems to catch his eye and he makes a quick decision to head that way but his movements don't match that quick decision. He seems slow, hesitant and reluctant. He also looks miserable and cold. I don't think he was planning to meet anyone. When would he have made those plans?

If anyone else was down there then they would have to have evaded the CCTV twice to have not been seen.

I'd like to know the rotation of the CCTV; How long did it stay on each particular spot? If Corrie did leave the area and evaded the CCTV how long did he have to do that. How long after the end of the CCTV that we've seen did it change to a different area and when did it turn back?

I'd like to know more about the other CCTV in the road straight ahead. Is there CCTV that should have caught Corrie but didn't at any time or is it possible he evaded CCTV in that area also? Could he have completely left the area and managed to evade all CCTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8