So... either Corrie managed to evade CCTV and left the area

or

Someone laying in wait managed to evade CCTV getting to the area

and then

Both Corrie and person laying in wait managed to evade CCTV leaving the area

Or

Bin lorry plays a bigger part in this

Or

Corrie is still in that area and hasn't been found.

So either Corrie managed to evade CCTV and left the area

or

Someone laying in wait managed to evade CCTV getting to the area

and then

Both Corrie and person laying in wait managed to evade CCTV leaving the area

Or

Bin lorry plays a bigger part in this

Or Corrie is still in that area and hasn't been found.

So essentially we have no idea! Night folks!

:bedtime:

But...... the case does hinge on the question
"How did his mobile phone end up in Barton Mills, approximately 28 minutes later...... which coincidentally corresponds to a bin truck that was seen in the area and ended up in Barton Mills also".

If I had to pick one from Gem's list above, I think perhaps a bin lorry plays a big part in this...

Where are you Corrie???

:candle:

If I had to pick one from Gem's list above, I think perhaps a bin lorry plays a big part in this...

Where are you Corrie???

:candle:

Still up! I like his mums theory that he put his phone down on a bin, I think a hitman picked it up then chucked it somewhere when he realised it wasn't unlockable

The camera looks to "be in position" already.
Corrie is there for about 22 seconds and then is out of shot. At this point the camera freezes.

Applying "the 42/168 rule" Corrie could easily have "zipped and gone" before the camera returns !

I can now fully appreciate the position the police are put in.
Which is essentially, "the phone seems like it is in the bin and then in the bin lorry".
But they can't find the phone.

The bin lorry collects that bin last and then heads to Barton Mills.
The reason is, it is going to head to Barton Mills and this is the nearest bin before it makes it's exit.
Logical really. Start "faraway" and work your way "back"

Which means "traffic" in that area of Bury St Edmunds, usually "has come from AND will be exiting to" the Barton Mills area. Which is what Corrie....or rather "Corrie's phone did" and maybe even "Corrie did, with his phone" !

Was the bin lorry seen on the CCTV arriving and leaving?

Corrie could have evaded the CCTV, left the area and accidentally left the phone on top of the bin and the bin men didn't notice because it was still dark. Not sure how likely that is.

Corrie and the phone travelled somehow in the truck together which does seem unlikely as police have done forensics etc and seem to have ruled it out.

I'd like to know the chances of Corrie evading CCTV on the rest of his walk home.

We're going round in circles!

I do think that the chances of someone unknown being in the area Corrie walks in to is the least likely as that just seems to be too many people managing to avoid the CCTV.

A gem from the list..........that's easy "it's the location !"

It is "the area of Bury St Edmunds that Corrie is in, which gives the best exit to Barton Mills" !

Simple when you think about it !

I think the answer lies somewhere between the bins and the roundabout on the edge of town. There is little or no CCTV up Short Brackland and Canon Street.. he could have bumped into any person or vehicle along that stretch

Was the bin lorry seen on the CCTV arriving and leaving?

If you read Nicola Urquhart's latest update from the last hour on Facebook then yes. She references some sort of media article too but the attachment isn't showing for me (no Facebook account)

A random thought !

Bury St Edmunds is "one way" every(bloody)where.
It would be a hassle to park.
So you park "on your side of town".

A bin lorry has a collection route. I bet a "pound to a barn dance", the Greggs bin is the last to be collected in Bury.
And the reason for that is, the bin lorry has to then drive to Barton Mills.

Corrie's phone takes 28 minutes to get from Bury St Edmunds area to the Barton Mills area.
The coincidence is.... the bin lorry is in the same area as Corrie, not the other way round !

Why can't they find the phone in the waste paper rubbish ? Because (likely), it's not there !

Corrie left barracks late. 11.00pm to 11.15pm ?
He's had a crap night. He got tanked up quickly and he got booted out of the club at around 1.00am.
When was he back on duty ? Monday ?
Well tonight is Friday !

So would Short Brackland be the most likely route to take rather than walking straight over where McDonald's etc is?

If only we knew exactly what CCTV was available and if they were still or on rotation. We're told that this CCTV is the last sighting of Corrie but we don't know exactly why that's the last CCTV. Is it because there isn't any, it's on a rotation so he could have been missed or is there constant CCTV on the area and he does not show up at any point.

@CMC

You said "he could have bumped into any person or vehicle along that stretch".

Clubs in Bury don't close until 3.00am
Corrie doesn't "attempt" to leave Bury until 3.25am.

read my above post....and connect the dots !!!

Just checking the video release again....
...and wondering !

When you spot a place to pee, you're off over there like a stabbed rat !
Corrie "jogs" to the end of the walk way.....and then "saunters".

Is he looking "furtive" because he's going for a pee ?
Or is he off somewhere to smoke a bit o' weed ! You can't do that "in barracks" !

Just "throwing in" some ideas.

1115 Corrie leaves RAF Honington camp
0100 Corrie is kicked out of the club
0110 Corrie is in a take-away talking with an unknown group
0120 Corrie is seen on cctv heading for the doorway of a shop
0300 Corrie responds to a message by sending a picture
0324 Corrie leaves the shop doorway
0325 Corrie enters Short Brackland and heads to the "loading area".
0428 Corrie's phone is detected in the Barton Mills (and ceases to ping data *Corries mum).
0800 Corrie's phone remains stationary in Barton Mills (and ceases to ping data *Suffolk Constabulary).

The night has ended "badly" at 1.00am ish.
But he waited "in town" untill 3.25am ?

Much is made of him "crashing out" in the doorway.
But he was able to chat to people in the take-away and seemed in good spirits, according to a guy working in there.

It is reported that he was with a group of friends. How many ? And how did they get home ? Taxi ?
Clubs close at 3.00am in Bury. Did his friends leave at 3am ? How many left ? And where did they go ? Camp ?

It is said it is not out of character for corrie to sleep in town (doorways), but he's awake at "closing time".

Again, why wait till 3.24 to leave the doorway ?

He met someone from the club? The club closes at 3.00am so staff lock up and leave, Corrie attempts to leave at 3.25am :/

I'm surprised by the mention more than once that a pink shirt and white trousers would suggest that a man might be gay, is that really what people think? It wouldn't occur to me to make that connection

I don't think it would have such connotations for anyone British, but it might for other nationalities. A few years ago I worked with a Polish manager in a small international company. On the breast cancer charity day, which involved everyone wearing something pink, this particular chap refused absolutely because in Poland men do not wear pink. He did not say so directly, but from what he didn't say and from his body language he was clearly very uncomfortable with the idea.

Or

Corrie is still in that area and hasn't been found.

If he was still in the area after a month I suspect we'd know about it by now.

"But if indeed you find him not within this month,
you shall nose him as you go up the stairs into the lobby."

Hamlet, Act 4 Scene III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads