UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was still in the area after a month I suspect we'd know about it by now.

"But if indeed you find him not within this month,
you shall nose him as you go up the stairs into the lobby."

Hamlet, Act 4 Scene III

What?.. Gem2626 is absolutely right, there is every chance that he is still in the same area and we do not know it yet. How many people go missing and then they are find a considerable amount of time later in the same area or around about, that they went missing.

When was he back on duty ? Monday ?
Well tonight is Friday !

Are you saying that it was Friday and he wasn't due in work til Monday so he could've decided to go elsewhere til due in work?

If so, then you're slightly off, he'd left his "beloved puppy" in his room and the family stated that he would never have not gone back because of her needing him. So if he wouldn't intend to leave her til whenever and not walk/feed her.

Just checking the video release again....
...and wondering !

When you spot a place to pee, you're off over there like a stabbed rat !
Corrie "jogs" to the end of the walk way.....and then "saunters".

Is he looking "furtive" because he's going for a pee ?
Or is he off somewhere to smoke a bit o' weed ! You can't do that "in barracks" !

Just "throwing in" some ideas.

Please, no Rat stabbing (a phrase I've thankfully never heard before)

When he turns and looks, he's looking right at the bike racks, I think he's likely looking at a bike, this must at least be what police are thinking too for them to include the 'discarded bike' bit on the poster info.

I can't get my head around him meeting someone or anything arranged etc for 3.30 ish because he didn't intentionally wait til that time, he sat down to eat his food and dozed off, it wasn't a planned sleep with an alarm to wake him.
If he hadn't sat down, he wouldn't of fallen asleep at all or he could've slept for 5 hours instead of 2 ...

Think you're way off with the weed ref.

What?.. Gem2626 is absolutely right, there is every chance that he is still in the same area and we do not know it yet. How many people go missing and then they are find a considerable amount of time later in the same area or around about, that they went missing.
Absolutely - Adrian Lynch was missing for 8! Months and by then there were SO many wild theories but in fact, he was found in a body of water 100 metres from where he was last seen.

Okay how about this: goes to bin area for a wee. Puts phone down and forgets to pick up afterwards. Meanwhile cctv tracks away on its rotation. Corrie has spotted and taken a bike - maybe not locked up or locked up very minimally - and rides out of town super quick.

Did he cycle? Was he known to cycle?

What if Corrie was planning to return the bike the next day - ride back and collect his car?

That would bring us back to an rta somewhere between bse and base.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Wherever Corrie is it's virtually certain he has been dead and decomposing for a month. I think they'd have located him by nose before now if he were still in BSE.

I know from previous reports the police are pretty certain Corrie is not in BSE itself, but can any of the posters who are local to the town give us an idea as to whether there are any disused or derelict buildings in the town generally and more particularly in the areas he was last seen in?

Early on in the search I did wonder if he had found his way into a derelict or disused building and decided to sleep the rest of the night off there but then, eg, choked on his own vomit. In the weeks since I would imagine the police have searched all such places but given his seeming complete disappearance I have to wonder if there's somewhere they've missed.

According to the FB page - family have seen the cctv of the bin lorry leaving and they clearly show that Corrie is NOT hitching an unofficial lift on the back of it.

I'm really beginning to think that police have a good idea of what's happened ...

I don't believe he is still in the area he was last seen I was just covering all avenues.

I don't really get why, after waking up, he remained in the doorway for any length of time. I'd think he'd want to get out of there pretty sharpish and get home.

He must have been feeling rubbish by that point. Hangover creeping in, cold, drowsy and the thought of that walk home. Also, i'd think he'd be feeling pretty dehydrated and in search of water. So if he did leave that area undetected by CCTV I can imagine him taking a route that went past a 24 hour garage or similar where he could get a drink.

I don't believe he arranged to meet anyone as per post on the previous page (sorry can't remember who wrote it) about the timings.

I'm surprised that there weren't a few stragglers from the nightclub in the same area as him. Maybe there were and they went undetected too.

I don't know about the bike theory. Corrie's mum said they're covering all possibilities. If there was a bike that had gone missing from the area I think they'd be putting more emphasis on that.

Going to take a closer look at the maps.

Where are you Corrie? :confused:

I don't believe he is still in the area he was last seen I was just covering all avenues.

I don't really get why, after waking up, he remained in the doorway for any length of time. I'd think he'd want to get out of there pretty sharpish and get home.

He must have been feeling rubbish by that point. Hangover creeping in, cold, drowsy and the thought of that walk home. Also, i'd think he'd be feeling pretty dehydrated and in search of water. So if he did leave that area undetected by CCTV I can imagine him taking a route that went past a 24 hour garage or similar where he could get a drink.

I don't believe he arranged to meet anyone as per post on the previous page (sorry can't remember who wrote it) about the timings.

I'm surprised that there weren't a few stragglers from the nightclub in the same area as him. Maybe there were and they went undetected too.

I don't know about the bike theory. Corrie's mum said they're covering all possibilities. If there was a bike that had gone missing from the area I think they'd be putting more emphasis on that.

Going to take a closer look at the maps.

Where are you Corrie? :confused:

I'm pretty sure that the police were asked in a press conference about the bike and they said they only mentioned it to 'challenge the perception that Corrie must have been on foot' or something - ie, they had no evidence to suggest he took a bike. I think people are making a bit too much of the bike thing.

C'mon.... Seriously !!!!

He's looking at a bike to steal, to get home on !
No way. If caught he'd be thrown in Military Corrective Centre ("hard time" jail) for over 51 weeks

He puts his phone on the bin, before he has a wee, then forgets it !
A tad drunk he maybe, but totally forgetful, I doubt he is.

He looks for a derilict building to sleep in !
That's "breaking and entering. That's Military jail if caught. And why "sleep" again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He DID meet a group of guys in the takeaway (at 1.00am).
There IS a police request (inc description on the Suffolk Police website) for them to come forward.
They have not come forward OR been identified by locals as yet.
There is cctv of Corrie and one of the group leaving the takeaway.

My "it's Friday night" comment, and that "he is not back to work until Monday" means simply.....
....."He has Saturday off".

Back at Camp he can "chill out" and "recover". It doesn't mean "He's going to be away all weekend".

I do think some people should consider "it 2016" and "he's a 23 year old" !!!!

C'mon.... Seriously !!!!

He's looking at a bike to steal, to get home on !
No way. If caught he'd be thrown in Military Corrective Centre ("hard time" jail) for over 51 weeks

He puts his phone on the bin, before he has a wee, then forgets it !
A tad drunk he maybe, but totally forgetful, I doubt he is.

That's "breaking and entering. That's Military jail if caught. And why "sleep" again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He DID meet a group of guys in the takeaway (at 1.00am).
There IS a police request (inc description on the Suffolk Police website) for them to come forward.
They have not come forward OR been identified by locals as yet.
There is cctv of Corrie and one of the group leaving the takeaway.

My "it's Friday night" comment, and that "he is not back to work until Monday" means simply.....
....."He has Saturday off".

Back at Camp he can "chill out" and "recover". It doesn't mean "He's going to be away all weekend".

I do think some people should consider "it 2016" and "he's a 23 year old" !!!!
I think Mr Newbie, respectfully, that you should consider speaking/typing in plain English. Less wink wink and !!!!!!!! and just say what you mean :)

So would Short Brackland be the most likely route to take rather than walking straight over where McDonald's etc is?

If only we knew exactly what CCTV was available and if they were still or on rotation. We're told that this CCTV is the last sighting of Corrie but we don't know exactly why that's the last CCTV. Is it because there isn't any, it's on a rotation so he could have been missed or is there constant CCTV on the area and he does not show up at any point.

Not a lot of difference to be honest. It also depends on which way he was attempting to leave town by. If going out Northgate St route to Fornham, he could go by Short Brackland. If going past the big Tesco's and sugar beet factory it would be quicker via Mc Donald's. But, they ultimately end up in the same area.

Some facts....

He is kicked out of the club at 1.00am, but he doesn't go home.
He is speaks to a group of guys in the takeaway. Non have come forward.
He eats his "kebab" at 1.20am, but doesn't then leave town.
He is awake when the clubs "kick out" at 3.00am, but doesn't go and find his mates.

Short Brackland is an area for easy access to Barton Mills.
It's the on the right side of town, if later you're heading that way.

The bin lorry made it's last collection in Bury, in Short Brackland.
It then headed to Barton Mills
Corrie and the bin lorry being in the same area, is likely a "coincidence".
Ultimately they were noth heading in that direction (A1101 / B1106)
Maybe other people also were heading in that direction.

I think Mr Newbie, respectfully, that you should consider speaking/typing in plain English. Less wink wink and !!!!!!!! and just say what you mean :)

Yes, although we have to be cautious about what is said, everyone's theories are welcomed... I'm having a hard time keeping up with what is meant!

It's only breaking and entering if you force an entry. Otherwise it's just trespass (civil matter).

The reality is that disused buildings, where accessible, are often colonised by the homeless, squatters, drug users etc. Not all of them are harmless, and that's without the danger mentioned earlier of kipping down, throwing up and choking on your vomit, or indeed that of the buildings themselves being unsafe.

I'd be surprised if there were many such places in BSE town itself, property being as valuable as it is, but you never know.

It's only breaking and entering if you force an entry. Otherwise it's just trespass (civil matter).

The reality is that disused buildings, where accessible, are often colonised by the homeless, squatters, drug users etc. Not all of them are harmless, and that's without the danger mentioned earlier of kipping down, throwing up and choking on your vomit, or indeed that of the buildings themselves being unsafe.

I'd be surprised if there were many such places in BSE town itself, property being as valuable as it is, but you never know.

There are empty shops, derelict buildings not so much, there were say 10-15 years ago, but these seem to have been developed and built on. As for sleeping in an empty shop, not impossible but unlikely. It's a small town centre, people tend to notice things and the police are usually about. Haven't personally seen squatters in the town centre for a long time.

Ok, I've looked at maps and street view and I have a much better understanding of the area. I think if he went down Short Brackland and onto Cannon street then there's every chance he wasn't picked up on CCTV. It's mostly residential and I could only see 2 CCTV cameras. Both of which he might not of even passed if he'd varied the route slightly.

I haven't had a chance to look at the McDonald's route yet.

I don't think he made it past the roundabout. I reckon he would have stopped in the Tesco to get a drink.

Ok, I've looked at maps and street view and I have a much better understanding of the area. I think if he went down Short Brackland and onto Cannon street then there's every chance he wasn't picked up on CCTV. It's mostly residential and I could only see 2 CCTV cameras. Both of which he might not of even passed if he'd varied the route slightly.

I haven't had a chance to look at the McDonald's route yet.

I don't think he made it passed the roundabout. I reckon he would have stopped in the Tesco to get a drink.
Would the Tesco have been open at that time?
Interesting though that you mention Tesco as I read earlier that sniffer dogs had been used and had followed a scent to or near to Tesco but that they then lost the scent.

The Tesco is 24 hours (except Sat nights & Sunday) so should have been open.

I read that the dogs reacted at the roundabout but it didn't seem like they were taking too much notice of it. So assume they think it was a false hit?

Some facts....

He is kicked out of the club at 1.00am, but he doesn't go home.
He is speaks to a group of guys in the takeaway. Non have come forward.
He eats his "kebab" at 1.20am, but doesn't then leave town.
He is awake when the clubs "kick out" at 3.00am, but doesn't go and find his mates.

Short Brackland is an area for easy access to Barton Mills.
It's the on the right side of town, if later you're heading that way.

The bin lorry made it's last collection in Bury, in Short Brackland.
It then headed to Barton Mills
Corrie and the bin lorry being in the same area, is likely a "coincidence".
Ultimately they were noth heading in that direction (A1101 / B1106)
Maybe other people also were heading in that direction.

I know there has already been some discussion at the start about when the night clubs closed and iirc the confusion about them being open until 3am was because the police allowed people to think that the kebab eating CCTV was from 3.24am. I believe that locals said that nothing would still be open that late and I think this is probably true, the facebook page for Flex says a 2am close and the Grapes pub closes at 1am

IMO by the time Corrie woke up his friends were already home or very well on their way there. I think if there'd been a possibility of meeting up with them he would have texted or called them and we know that he didn't.

However, I'm becoming even less confident in what the police are making public as there is a very strong suggestion in the Find Corrie facebook group that the blurred out people are not in fact bouncers. If this is true why have we been led to believe they were, apologies for continuing to question the "official" version of events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member