UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzy, there are quite a lot of bodies of water nearby. Ponds, quarry, storage water for the sugar plant. River, ditches etc. There is a big fishing lake near Fornham st Genevieve and some big lakes near Gt Livermere ('Livermere' means the lake where rushes grew from pre 7th century Olde English 'laefor-mere'..).

Did he like fishing at all? was he familiar with these bodies of water?

If Corrie walked out of BSE he would have been seen on cctv. The only way he is in a body of water is if someone put him there.

If Corrie walked out of BSE he would have been seen on cctv. The only way he is in a body of water is if someone put him there.

What about if he fell over the bridge crossing the river Lark on Compiegne Way? Not saying he did but it would be on his route home and the metal railings don't look that high. Question is, is there CCTV on the roundabout just before that?

Not strictly true. He left the Short Brackland area without being seen on CCTV. Short Brackland is the street I would expect him to take to get back towards Honington. It gets residential very quickly and not so much CCTV in that direction. I would have expected someone to have seen him walking though, that is what makes it so compelling.
The phone is a bit of a red herring I think though not sure why they haven't found it wherever the bin was emptied.

What about if he fell over the bridge crossing the river Lark on Compiegne Way? Not saying he did but it would be on his route home and the metal railings don't look that high. Question is, is there CCTV on the roundabout just before that?

You would have to be incredibly drunk, and incredibly unlucky, to fall over those railings and into the water. It's extremely unlikely to happen.

You would have to be incredibly drunk, and incredibly unlucky, to fall over those railings and into the water. It's extremely unlikely to happen.

I know. I just think he probably did set off home, at what point did he go off track?

A question for the menfolk.... when you unzip for a wee would you need to take your phone out of your trouser pocket? Corrie doesn't seem to have a phone in his hand as he turns the corner, and his mum said he might have left it on top of a bin before wandering away. Makes sense to me, we know he had it 20 minutes earlier. I guess he could have just left it in the doorway he napped in and any random person (on their way home to B Mills) could have picked it up. It didn't start moving that way til 4am though IIRC.

It's all just so confusing! I wonder if they'll release the CCTV of him in Hughes doorway. Also, have you guys seen any of the FB discussion about the manhole cover? Compared to the streetview image it looks like it's open or ajar on the CCTV.

I know. I just think he probably did set off home, at what point did he go off track?

A question for the menfolk.... when you unzip for a wee would you need to take your phone out of your trouser pocket? Corrie doesn't seem to have a phone in his hand as he turns the corner, and his mum said he might have left it on top of a bin before wandering away. Makes sense to me, we know he had it 20 minutes earlier. I guess he could have just left it in the doorway he napped in and any random person (on their way home to B Mills) could have picked it up. It didn't start moving that way til 4am though IIRC.

It's all just so confusing! I wonder if they'll release the CCTV of him in Hughes doorway. Also, have you guys seen any of the FB discussion about the manhole cover? Compared to the streetview image it looks like it's open or ajar on the CCTV.

Speaking for myself (and, I imagine, for most men), I can confirm that you don't need to take your phone out of your pocket to pee.

There was a young woman in Sheffield, about a year ago, and it was a similar story to this one. Instead of walking back to her uni halls of residence after a night out, she'd gone about a mile in the opposite direction for no obvious reason and slipped into a river at a very odd place to slip in. On the boards here we were almost all convinced that it must be foul play due to the circumstances and the place she'd gone in the river, but the police, after investigating, decided there was no one else involved.

Although I haven't followed other threads of this kind, that one tells me that however unlikely an accident when drunk is, if it's remotely possible it sometimes happens. And that woman walked in the 'wrong' direction, similar to Corrie's phone going in the 'wrong' direction.

There was a young woman in Sheffield, about a year ago, and it was a similar story to this one. Instead of walking back to her uni halls of residence after a night out, she'd gone about a mile in the opposite direction for no obvious reason and slipped into a river at a very odd place to slip in. On the boards here we were almost all convinced that it must be foul play due to the circumstances and the place she'd gone in the river, but the police, after investigating, decided there was no one else involved.

Although I haven't followed other threads of this kind, that one tells me that however unlikely an accident when drunk is, if it's remotely possible it sometimes happens. And that woman walked in the 'wrong' direction, similar to Corrie's phone going in the 'wrong' direction.
If I'm thinking of the same girl, there was a man involved? A man was arrested on suspicion rape if I recall correctly and there was some mental health issues mentioned by the girls family?

Caroline Everest.

Been out, got utterly hammered, met a random bloke who she may have had sex with (who was cleared of any wrongdoing by the way) and then headed back towards a main road, presumably to get home, only to end up in a small stream where she died of *exact reasons unknown but it wasn't drowning or murder*.

Feels like a large chunk of our UK missings feature 20-somethings on boozy nights out near water.

Speaking for myself (and, I imagine, for most men), I can confirm that you don't need to take your phone out of your pocket to pee.

I didn't think so!! So, say he still had his phone in his pocket and he headed home up Short Brackland / Cannon Street, and his phone started moving at speed (or at least changed ping location) about half an hour later, where would that be?

Any phone mast triangulation experts about?!

BBM above...

UK - Kirsty Aitchison, 30, Glasgow, 12th June 2016

Going back to this article
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19282...o-after-serving-last-meal-before-he-vanished/

Something made me go back and google the takeaway workers name and I found these articles -

http://worcesterobserver.co.uk/news/teenager-appears-court-sexual-assualt-charge-4754/
http://worcesterobserver.co.uk/news/turkish-teen-jailed-sexual-assault-worcester-6305/

It could of course be a complete coincidence that the takeaway owner is roughly the same age (based on 192.com and directors profiles) and has the same name but if it is the same person then I wouldn't trust him or anything he said with a bargepole. He mentioned Corrie being friends with an American, I can't see anything about USAF being in Honington but they are in Mildenhall and Lakenheath which are in the direction in which Corries phone was last pinged. Mentioning an American could have been to put police off the scent.

I think there should be more focus on this person as potentially of interest. I think it is the same person as in the linked articles, deported or not.

I think there should be more focus on this person as potentially of interest. I think it is the same person as in the linked articles, deported or not.
Very interesting but why would this person draw attention to themselves, use their real name if they're illegally in the country?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I don't think USAF are at Honington - just Lakenheath and Mildenhall.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

According to the articles I accessed, the man in those news stories was remanded in custody in April and sentenced yesterday. Not the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny