UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the articles I accessed, the man in those news stories was remanded in custody in April and sentenced yesterday. Not the same person.
He was sentenced in October 2014. Doesn't mean it is the same person, would be very interesting if someone from BSE knows what Pizza Mama Mia guy looks like and could confirm if it is the same person or not.

Suzy, there are quite a lot of bodies of water nearby. Ponds, quarry, storage water for the sugar plant. River, ditches etc. There is a big fishing lake near Fornham st Genevieve and some big lakes near Gt Livermere ('Livermere' means the lake where rushes grew from pre 7th century Olde English 'laefor-mere'..).

Did he like fishing at all? was he familiar with these bodies of water?

I hear what you are saying, but as a local I tend to think it is unlikely - but not impossible that he ended up in one of those. I grew up less than a mile from the camp, I have stupidly walked home after a night out in town before, if he went the routes I think he would have gone, I can't see him going near the water...I really can't IMHO.
The Lark is not near to the road and Livermere Lake is set back from the road by a long way. There is no reason to walk through ampton/livermere park. It's off route for him and absolutely pitch dark. You just wouldn't attempt it at night with no light. There is only really one point where the track goes near the lake, over the bridge. That lake and land near it has shoots and gamekeepers on it, it's shooting season, I would imagine that it's been well gone over.
I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to give some local insight.
ETA: Fornham St Genevieve is also off route as well.
To the poster who asked about ditches and hedges, a lot of hedges have been cut down over the years and there are definitely plenty of ditches.

He was sentenced in October 2014. Doesn't mean it is the same person, would be very interesting if someone from BSE knows what Pizza Mama Mia guy looks like and could confirm if it is the same person or not.

Your wish is my command! Here is his interview with the local newspaper

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/search_w...bury_st_edmunds_before_disappearing_1_4726340

EDIT Ah... that is actually Mehmet T, says pretty much the same things as Abdul T, so have removed the photo. I doubt it's the same chap as the one who was jailed in Worcester, scandalous if it is as he should have been deported. Like others have said I doubt he'd want to be front page news if he was here illegally.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 26
I hear what you are saying, but as a local I tend to think it is unlikely - but not impossible that he ended up in one of those. I grew up less than a mile from the camp, I have stupidly walked home after a night out in town before, if he went the routes I think he would have gone, I can't see him going near the water...I really can't IMHO.
The Lark is not near to the road and Livermere Lake is set back from the road by a long way. There is no reason to walk through ampton/livermere park. It's off route for him and absolutely pitch dark. You just wouldn't attempt it at night with no light. There is only really one point where the track goes near the lake, over the bridge. That lake and land near it has shoots and gamekeepers on it, it's shooting season, I would imagine that it's been well gone over.
I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to give some local insight.

What about the bridge on Compiegne* Way that goes over the Lark?

*how is it pronounced?!

I assume Com-pee-enne because it's named after a place in France, I guess. (The place I am thinking of is famed as the location where the WWI armistice was signed in the train carriage in the woods...)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

All the areas of water mentioned seem too out of the way, unless Corrie changed paths for unknown reasons but that doesn't seem logical.

If he did get out of Bury St Edmunds he would have crossed over a section of the River Lark on Fornham Road. It's about a 30 minute walk from where he was last seen on CCTV, but it doesn't look very deep.

Without knowing whether CCTV would have definitely picked someone up on this route or whether it would have missed him if, for example, he was walking on the other side of the road it's hard to know where his journey ended. How easy is it to unintentionally avoid CCTV in this area? How much CCTV is there- it doesn't look like there is much.

The sun didn't start rising till past 6am so he would not have been as noticeable to cars driving past- though i'm sure someone would have seen him.

Any 3rd party involvement from Short Brackland would surely have alerted any residents.

What route did the bin lorry take as if that went up Short Brackland then that would have seen him.

If he did have an accident on the way home you'd expect him to be close to the road.

What about the bridge on Compiegne* Way that goes over the Lark?

*how is it pronounced?!

Like the place. It was or is twinned with there.
The road goes over the river at the bridge. From what I remember and will look next time in daylight, it's has a wall/fence over it. Not high, but it's not that easy to fall over.

A man has claimed he saw a man in light clothing near the Bury St Edmunds sugar beet factory at around 4.20 am on the night Corrie disappeared.

From google earth this factory (the entrance is just off the roundabout) is vast. Interested to know exactly WHERE he saw him as there are several roads around it.

EDIT from the Find Corrie page (about various updates this evening by his mum) "near the Hollow Road industrial estate, at the back of the sugar beet factory"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/307450186284715/permalink/321943718168695/

Hearsay warning as this is from the Find Corrie facebook group - Corrie had been asked to forward a picture taken at some time in the past which he did when he woke up. This would suggest that someone (his brother?) messaged him while he was asleep, he woke up and replied.. As far as we know no other phone useage after that.

IMHO the picture message has no significance.

I haven't seen anything about trouble at work but Corrie's mum has said that he was in a good place and had no reason to disappear so it would appear that he wasn't
If Corrie was able to send a picture message to someone after he woke up would this not indicate that he wasn't that drunk? IMO he didn't look that drunk in the video and he looks a young strapping lad.

Losing his phone? Looking for lost phone in the dark?

Google maps says the walk from where he was last seen on CCTV to The sugar beet factory is 23 minutes. So what was he doing for the other 32 minutes?

If Corrie was able to send a picture message to someone after he woke up would this not indicate that he wasn't that drunk? IMO he didn't look that drunk in the video and he looks a young strapping lad.
Something that has been very much in focus recently thanks to the cctv of Ched Evans victim - can you REALLY tell how drunk someone is exactly and reliably from cctv? Part of Ched Evans defence was that his victim could text and buy takeaway and walk without stumbling so she can't have been that drunk and yet we see Corrie doing exactly the same and yet we are assured by Corrie's family that he was VERY drunk.

It's a stupid question, but are they sure the phone went by car to Barton Mill and not on foot to Barton Hill (close to the sugar beet factory)?

The reason I ask is the similarity of the names. It depends how they did the triangulation from the masts but if Barton Hill has a mast ID similar to Barton Mill's mast ID and you 'ignored' the pings between the two spots then the time to Barton Mills would be consistent with a car, while the time to Barton Hill would be consistent with this walk, which would come to a stop about ten minutes after this possible sighting. This would fit with the circumstances so much better, because it's in the right direction and fits with this possible sighting.

It's a stupid question, but are they sure the phone went by car to Barton Mill and not on foot to Barton Hill (close to the sugar beet factory)?

God, imagine if they'd made that sort of error!! It would make A LOT of sense if they had though.

Latest update from Corrie's Mum - early police investigation say that the possible sighting near the Sugar Beet Factory is likely to NOT be Corrie.

If he was near Barton Hill/Hollow Rd he could have been making for the road to Gt Barton, where he could have turned left at the Bunbury arms (gt barton) and followed the road to livermere, Troston then the camp, or headed to Ixworth, Honnington village then up to the camp. Those would be the logical routes to take from that part of town to the camp.

Latest update from Corrie's Mum - early police investigation say that the possible sighting near the Sugar Beet Factory is likely to NOT be Corrie.

Ohhh did not see the above post as I was posting.

Even if the sighting is ruled out, your post is still relevant as it's about the route Corrie did intend to take that night, and we still don't know for a fact that he didn't start walking back...the only contrary info is the phone, but phones can travel without their owners if they're lost or stolen. Unless the police have gathered enough non-sightings of Corrie from members of the public to show he absolutely couldn't have started back to base, just about anything is still possible.

Ohhh did not see the above post as I was posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995