UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another new article, I don't think this has been posted

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2016...e-corrie-mckeague-didnt-disappear-on-purpose/

"The phone was switched off hours later at Barton Mills around 13 miles away. It coincides with the movements of a bin lorry seized by Suffolk Police."

I wonder how accurate this is, the phone being switched off puts a very different slant on this. Has anyone else seen official confirmation of whether it was turned off or ran out of battery?
An interesting new bit of information

Another new article, I don't think this has been posted

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2016...e-corrie-mckeague-didnt-disappear-on-purpose/

"The phone was switched off hours later at Barton Mills around 13 miles away. It coincides with the movements of a bin lorry seized by Suffolk Police."

I wonder how accurate this is, the phone being switched off puts a very different slant on this. Has anyone else seen official confirmation of whether it was turned off or ran out of battery?
An interesting new bit of information

I'm not sure how they can tell the difference if the phone was switched off or it just ran out of battery power?

The quote "hours after" is misleading !

The police say (in an interview after a question from a journalist)
"it was stationary in Barton Mills from when it arrived (4.30am) until 8.00am)

Corrie's mum says (on a tv interview)
"the apps (auto updates) stopped updating (that's how it is traced) when the phone arrived (so, at 4.30am).

You choose !

Tricksy - Honington 1 n ! As a local you may know of the lakes at Livermere but I bet most of the servicemen don't and once in the country I bet they would cut across country instead of sticking to country lanes. TBH though, It never occurred to me to ever walk from Chicagos as it was (now Flex) to camp, taxi or lift every time!

People "don't just fall in rivers" after they have left their phones on a bin, whilst they have a pee !

The phone travelled for 28mins.
So it was in a car.

After 1 month of no contact.
Corrie is deceased.
However much "facebook" pray, these are likely the facts.

A question "maybe", where did he die ?
At "the place where he entered a car...willingly or unwillingly or deceased"
Or "somewhere later"

P.S. I am with the other's that say his body is in the water in the area of Barton Mills/Mildenhall.

@Guruagain

0.001% of that happening again ?

Whereas I can point out numerous cases where "a third party" was involved.
In which "a body was moved".

Wallet travelled 28mins in the other direction ?
State of mind of the guy ?
Taxi driver came forward as a witness ?
Massive search team involved ?

The cases (I'm sorry to say) are completely different. They are NOT the same. Sorry.

I'm not sure how they can tell the difference if the phone was switched off or it just ran out of battery power?

I know from other cases I've followed that there is some kind of technical difference between the message the phone communciates to the tower when it is actually turned off as against when the battery runs out, I wish I could remember exactly where I've seen this, I should have bookmarked it.

Any phone ping experts about?

The quote "hours after" is misleading !

The police say (in an interview after a question from a journalist)
"it was stationary in Barton Mills from when it arrived (4.30am) until 8.00am)

Corrie's mum says (on a tv interview)
"the apps (auto updates) stopped updating (that's how it is traced) when the phone arrived (so, at 4.30am).

You choose !

I agree, there needs to be more clarity about this point, while the location of the phone may be a red herring it might be a key point if a third party or parties are responsible for Corrie's disappearance

I know from other cases I've followed that there is some kind of technical difference between the message the phone communciates to the tower when it is actually turned off as against when the battery runs out, I wish I could remember exactly where I've seen this, I should have bookmarked it.

Yep.
Turn the phone "off"
And "you still will ping".
It isn't "Off"

SATCOM expert. It works the same (ish).
As in "Off" is not "Off" until it has "no power".

Not sure how true it is suzy, but found this:

Also, as a point of interest, it's true that a cell phone, when it's being switched off, can send a message to the cellular network saying, in effect, "I'm switching off now", right before everything shuts down. That way, the cellular service provider can send any incoming calls straight to voicemail, and not waste all kinds of time and trouble trying to find the cell phone and deliver the call to it.

https://www.quora.com/Do-mobile-pho...off-no-battery-in-and-with-sim-card-taken-out

I agree, there needs to be more clarity about this point, while the location of the phone may be a red herring it might be a key point if a third party or parties are responsible for Corrie's disappearance

Nooooo !

You have me wrong.

For the phone to move 28mins away, means there IS a third party involved (unless he nicked a car and drove).

I question is.... "when did it go dead" ? 4.30am or 8.00am ?

God this is just depressing, feel like things are going round and round in circles on every single one of my cases here.

:sigh:

Nooooo !

You have me wrong.

For the phone to move 28mins away, means there IS a third party involved (unless he nicked a car and drove).

I question is.... "when did it go dead" ? 4.30am or 8.00am ?

OK, maybe I should have been clearer

Am I right to think that you are working on the basis that Corrie was with his phone when it was moving? My opinion is that he probably wasn't, so my 3rd party would be the person who had the phone either because they deliberately stole it or innocently collected it in some way connected to the bin (left on top of it maybe). Did that person simply throw it away or deliberatley switch it off before carefully concealing it somewhere.

The movements of the bin lorry and the phone just seem too similar to unconnected but I'm not convinced either is connected to Corrie's movements as all involved parties seem to be 100% sure he was never in or on the lorry

God this is just depressing, feel like things are going round and round in circles on every single one of my cases here.

:sigh:

Mine too, it's so sad that people just literally vanish from the face of the earth and the person responsible gets away with it

OK, maybe I should have been clearer

Am I right to think that you are working on the basis that Corrie was with his phone when it was moving? My opinion is that he probably wasn't, so my 3rd party would be the person who had the phone either because they deliberately stole it or innocently collected it in some way connected to the bin (left on top of it maybe). Did that person simply throw it away or deliberatley switch it off before carefully concealing it somewhere.

The movements of the bin lorry and the phone just seem too similar to unconnected but I'm not convinced either is connected to Corrie's movements as all involved parties seem to be 100% sure he was never in or on the lorry

Well, no.

I don't know if he was with his phone or not.
Maybe he was "at some point". Maybe he was "all the time.

The point is "His phone moved 28minutes....and neither he or his phone were seem after 3.25am or found since".

Says to me "there's a 3rd party" involved somewhere.

If Corrie was able to send a picture message to someone after he woke up would this not indicate that he wasn't that drunk? IMO he didn't look that drunk in the video and he looks a young strapping lad.

totally agree. speaking for myself but i struggle to successfully send messages when very drunk and my only concern is getting home and getting to bed. this is why I don't think he ended up in any water and that he still knew what he was doing and would have made it back. surely he would not have been able to send a picture message and the one that his brother requested.

It is a lot like Adrian Lynch in a lot of ways and to think of all the crazy theories we went through before he was found, in the exact place they had been searching. Something does feel different with this case though, although maybe it is just because Corrie is getting a lot more coverage I don't know but something seems different....

It is a lot like Adrian Lynch in a lot of ways and to think of all the crazy theories we went through before he was found, in the exact place they had been searching. Something does feel different with this case though, although maybe it is just because Corrie is getting a lot more coverage I don't know but something seems different....

Totally agree.....

....the only BIG "hmmmm !" for me, is the mobile phone's travel.

And that "pricked my interest".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member