UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Friday Flex nightclub's very own resident dj Joe Warner Mixes up your Friday Night with some of the biggest and best music videos. Upstairs in the flex lounge Dj Maxwell j hosts urban all your upfront rnb and hiphop tunes around til 3am.

I'm sure the police have a pretty good idea as to what happened and just need more evidence to prove it.

Absolutely - Adrian Lynch was missing for 8! Months and by then there were SO many wild theories but in fact, he was found in a body of water 100 metres from where he was last seen.

And my friend Baljeev. Missing 6 months and found in a body of water just down the road from where he was last seen. Helicopters, searchers on foot and with dogs couldn't find him.

I still can't get my head around why he didn't leave when waking up, it seems he waited 20-25 minutes before making a move albeit only to the bin area

I agree with Skibaboo - sadly I think water is a very likely answer. If he came out of the bin area when the camera panned away and cut through areas without Cctv, then falling into the river seems all too easy. As with Pat Lamb last year in Kent, it could account for 'vanishing' from the the town centre unseen and it can take a long time to find a body, especially if the current has taken it.

I'm still puzzled that none of his friends have made any kind of public appeal? I can perhaps understand why people who are also in the military services wouldn't, but from the photos & information that's come to light he must have kept in touch with other people too? I read people talking about photos on the club's website from July, so he's obviously familiar & known to people in the town

I agree with Skibaboo - sadly I think water is a very likely answer. If he came out of the bin area when the camera panned away and cut through areas without Cctv, then falling into the river seems all too easy. As with Pat Lamb last year in Kent, it could account for 'vanishing' from the the town centre unseen and it can take a long time to find a body, especially if the current has taken it.

The first thing I look at in missing persons cases (especially young men) is where the nearest area of water is. I followed Pat Lamb's case as Maidstone is an area I know well and straight away I felt it was clear where he'd be found.

The reason I feel this is less likely with Corrie is that there doesn't seem to be any areas of water on the routes he would take home, unless he went out of his way. Correct me if i'm wrong- I don't know Bury St Edmonds at all.

I'm still puzzled that none of his friends have made any kind of public appeal? I can perhaps understand why people who are also in the military services wouldn't, but from the photos & information that's come to light he must have kept in touch with other people too? I read people talking about photos on the club's website from July, so he's obviously familiar & known to people in the town

I think a public appeal from his army friends would be great and would probably frighten any possible perps.

The first thing I look at in missing persons cases (especially young men) is where the nearest area of water is. I followed Pat Lamb's case as Maidstone is an area I know well and straight away I felt it was clear where he'd be found.

The reason I feel this is less likely with Corrie is that there doesn't seem to be any areas of water on the routes he would take home, unless he went out of his way. Correct me if i'm wrong- I don't know Bury St Edmonds at all.

The only three possibles are:

Compiegne Way
Tesco (covered by CCTV)
B1106 Fornham/Thetford Road

It is the complete lack of sightings by people or CCTV that is the puzzler even at that time of the morning. If he went the A134 way motorists would have noticed him as there is no footpath and is a 70mph road. Very dangerous but not illegal to walk up there.

There aren't any directly on his way, he would have to have gone off course a fair bit. Think I mentioned this earlier up the thread. I agree with you Gem.

@Tricksy (and anyone else local) what's your gut feeling on what happened? Based on geographic knowledge, local supposition etc...?

@Tricksy (and anyone else local) what's your gut feeling on what happened? Based on geographic knowledge, local supposition etc...?

At first, I thought he has walked and got hit by a car on one of the back roads and the driver has panicked and hid him. Or, he has fallen and hurt himself on the way back. The other thought I had was there could have been a mugging gone wrong on him.
It's all very odd, I'm starting to think 3rd party involvement now, just because if he had walked and hurt himself, I think he would have showed up by now.
To the poster mentioning the Lark, yes it runs through town, but he probably wouldn't have gone near that on his route home.

Given the circumstances, "logic" would say....
1. He was walking home and had been struck by a motor vehicle.
2. He was asleep in the bin and had accidentally been collected.

But....
He has not been found on the road AND his mobile phone appears to have travelled from Bury to Barton in 28mins.
Nor has his body or phone been recovered at the Recycling Centre.

The CCTV is "inconclusive" as it doesn't provide "constant coverage" of the area where he was last seen.
Nor is there CCTV footage of his "likely" walking route from that area heading out of town.

Those "facts" combined, appear to point to "third party involvement", but "what type of involvement" ?

After leaving unseen from the area covered by CCTV, was he struck by a vehicle AND THEN he and his mobile phone was transported to Barton Mills ?
I suppose "anything" is possible. An arriving bin lorry "could have" struck him. Then made it's collection. Then travelled to Barton Mills. But a forensic search of the bin lorry suggests this isn't the case. And when did the bin lorry have time to "turn off it's route" to hide a body....and still reach the Five Ways Roundabout in a time that would indicate it did not stop.

Could another vehicle have done the same thing ? Could it have been in the Short Brackland area at that approximate time, and had a collision with Corrie.....and then been in Barton Mills "28mins later" ?
It's possible. But if that vehicle travelled on that route, it couldn't have reached as far as the Five Ways Roundabout, as it would have also triggered the "motion activated traffic camera" there.

It would seem that "a motor vehicle of some type" was involved in an incident that has led to Corrie's disappearance.
Whether or not that transported Corrie and his phone or just Corrie's phone, is unclear....
....but it would suggest that "this" motor vehicle was in Bury at the same time Corrie was. And later it was in the greater Barton area at approximately 4.30am.

Given the circumstances, "logic" would say....
1. He was walking home and had been struck by a motor vehicle.
2. He was asleep in the bin and had accidentally been collected.

But....
He has not been found on the road AND his mobile phone appears to have travelled from Bury to Barton in 28mins.
Nor has his body or phone been recovered at the Recycling Centre.

The CCTV is "inconclusive" as it doesn't provide "constant coverage" of the area where he was last seen.
Nor is there CCTV footage of his "likely" walking route from that area heading out of town.

Those "facts" combined, appear to point to "third party involvement", but "what type of involvement" ?

After leaving unseen from the area covered by CCTV, was he struck by a vehicle AND THEN he and his mobile phone was transported to Barton Mills ?
I suppose "anything" is possible. An arriving bin lorry "could have" struck him. Then made it's collection. Then travelled to Barton Mills. But a forensic search of the bin lorry suggests this isn't the case. And when did the bin lorry have time to "turn off it's route" to hide a body....and still reach the Five Ways Roundabout in a time that would indicate it did not stop.

Could another vehicle have done the same thing ? Could it have been in the Short Brackland area at that approximate time, and had a collision with Corrie.....and then been in Barton Mills "28mins later" ?
It's possible. But if that vehicle travelled on that route, it couldn't have reached as far as the Five Ways Roundabout, as it would have also triggered the "motion activated traffic camera" there.

It would seem that "a motor vehicle of some type" was involved in an incident that has led to Corrie's disappearance.
Whether or not that transported Corrie and his phone or just Corrie's phone, is unclear....
....but it would suggest that "this" motor vehicle was in Bury at the same time Corrie was. And later it was in the greater Barton area at approximately 4.30am.

Great post! Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So if I understand, during his night out Corrie sent his brother a text message of a photo of the 2 of them. Were there any accompanying words to the picture do we know? And was Corrie in any trouble at work?

Am just wondering the significance of the picture message...

So if I understand, during his night out Corrie sent his brother a text message of a photo of the 2 of them. Were there any accompanying words to the picture do we know? And was Corrie in any trouble at work?

Am just wondering the significance of the picture message...

Hearsay warning as this is from the Find Corrie facebook group - Corrie had been asked to forward a picture taken at some time in the past which he did when he woke up. This would suggest that someone (his brother?) messaged him while he was asleep, he woke up and replied.. As far as we know no other phone useage after that.

IMHO the picture message has no significance.

I haven't seen anything about trouble at work but Corrie's mum has said that he was in a good place and had no reason to disappear so it would appear that he wasn't

On the Victoria Derbyshire interview, his mum said that he'd been speaking to his brother and a couple of other friends before he went out that night. If I'm understanding his mum correctly, Corrie had asked one of the friends to forward him a particular photo of them together. That photo is what he then forwarded to another friend when he woke up at 3ish. The interview is here and starts at 01:39:05.

I think a public appeal from his army friends would be great and would probably frighten any possible perps.

Just my opinion based on the total lack of any evidence after 3.25am but I don't think there are any perps, I still think this is an accident. There are many cases and some have been quoted already where missing people are eventually found very near where they were last seen and if I had to put money on it I think this is sadly what the outcome is here.

I too have looked to see if any areas of water are near enough to a possible route home to be worth searching and haven't seen any so I'd say concentrate oh hedges and ditches, there may well be someone who is too scared to come forward who knows they hit somethng that night and maybe didn't realise what it was at the time or was drunk or somewhere they shouldn't have been who holds the key to this IMO

On the Victoria Derbyshire interview, his mum said that he'd been speaking to his brother and a couple of other friends before he went out that night. If I'm understanding his mum correctly, Corrie had asked one of the friends to forward him a particular photo of them together. That photo is what he then forwarded to another friend when he woke up at 3ish. The interview is here and starts at 01:39:05.

Thanks, you've comfirmed what I'd seen in the facebook group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member