UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he'd been spiked, if by any chance he was then the spiker wouldn't spike him then let him leave, get food and sleep in a doorway for 2 Hours and then happen to chance upon him again.

The difference in him between cctv1 and cctv2 is that in 1 he's drunk and wide awake and in 2 he's been asleep, he's woken up freezing cold and feeling like *advertiser censored* - not as drunk and merry as before.

To address the gay predator theory - I think it more likely if anything that he'd get homophobic abuse due to his fashion sense than he would likely meet a gay abductor/murderer - they tend to pick up men on Grindr or in certain places as opposed to wandering around market towns in the early hours ...

I'm surprised by the mention more than once that a pink shirt and white trousers would suggest that a man might be gay, is that really what people think? It wouldn't occur to me to make that connection

I'm surprised by the mention more than once that a pink shirt and white trousers would suggest that a man might be gay, is that really what people think? It wouldn't occur to me to make that connection
Sadly the homophobic knuckle draggers still exist, my 7 year old son can attest to this after taking his Rainbow Dash My Little Pony to town with us along with his Lego Nexo Knights - if I wasn't setting him a good example I would've punched a few people in the mush that day.

I think Corrie was a young man of his generation, a lot less hung up on stereotypes and perfectly at ease with his own sexuality, whatever that was, though we do know he's not so long ago split from a girlfriend, so if anything, he'd be bi-sexual not gay.

Re: The CCTV rotation. I read a comment from a local on the find Corrie Facebook say they timed the camera at 3 1/2 minutes to do a full sweep (5 positions total) from the view we see of Corrie and back again.

Great work finding that.

17 and a half minutes to run the whole sequence of five (00.00 to 17.00)
And "14 minutes" between "0.00 and 3.30 of a sequence".

Depending "where they were upto" in that sequence, that equals.... "a chunk" of time !

But hold on.

03.25am, 03.42am, 03.59am (00.00 to 17.00 full cycle).
They would have the bin lorry manoeuvring and positioning for the 4.00am collection, right ?

Re: The CCTV rotation. I read a comment from a local on the find Corrie Facebook say they timed the camera at 3 1/2 minutes to do a full sweep (5 positions total) from the view we see of Corrie and back again.

Which would be 42 seconds per position if they're all equal, and then almost 3 minutes time for him to walk off while the cameras turned. Would it have captured him at any other angle?

If only we had a local who could pop down and verify that for us. Ahem.

Great work finding that.

17 and a half minutes to run the whole sequence of five (00.00 to 17.00)
And "14 minutes" between "0.00 and 3.30 of a sequence".

Depending "where they were upto" in that sequence, that equals.... "a chunk" of time !

But hold on.

03.25am, 03.42am, 03.59am (00.00 to 17.00 full cycle).
They would have the bin lorry manoeuvring and positioning for the 4.00am collection, right ?

Oh hang on, is it 3.5 mins per position? Or 3.5 mins for a 360 degree sweep?

I don't think he'd been spiked, if by any chance he was then the spiker wouldn't spike him then let him leave, get food and sleep in a doorway for 2 Hours and then happen to chance upon him again.

I was not alluding to someone spiking him with the intention to carry out an attack, it was merely to suggest the reason why he could have crashed out for two hours only a short time after leaving the club and imo the reason why he looks in a worse state in the second cctv i.e. disorientated.
Otherwise he must have drank excessively in the club.

Three and a half minutes for a "full sweep" ?

I think it "changes angles" or rather "changes positions" and then remains there for "three and a half minutes" ???
I could be wrong. I know nothing about this.....

....could anyone clarify ?

To me, the second CCTV shot looked "stationary", not "sweeping".

No CMC it clearly states it takes 3.5 minutes for a full sweep. From moving away from the view of Corrie to back there again. Within that 3.5 minutes it stops at 5 views/positions.

Is it allowed to quote the words used for clarity?

In the position it saw Corrie, the camera was held for approx 22 seconds....
....and clearly it was "there" and "remained there" for longer.

....so, it could be "my bad" assuming that it was held for a full 3.5 minutes.

Are you say....

"it changes to FIVE positions and does this (from position 1 to position 5) in a total of 3.5 minutes" ?

As I read it differently.
Whereas CMC read it like that (Is that right CMC ?)

Actually James I just read the rules about SM and I think I've said too much as is. The person I referenced is someone distributing leaflets but I have no idea if they are admin, owner or family.

*awaits mod judgement*.....

Okay....

.....It should clear moderation, as it is specif to the case and refers to cctv operations, rather than anyone personally.

But we'll assume I am wrong about cctv and say "are you saying, that it holds position on a certain spot for approx 42 seconds and covers five positions in total, which takes 210 seconds or three and a half minutes".

Smiley face icon thingy !

Are you say....

"it changes to FIVE positions and does this (from position 1 to position 5) in a total of 3.5 minutes" ?

As I read it differently.
Whereas CMC read it like that (Is that right CMC ?)

Yes that's how I read it. If so, given we have 22 seconds of footage, the camera moved between 1 and 20 seconds after Corrie turned right. Not long enough for him to have had a wee, zipped up and walked off. In fact, if he did nip in there for a wee (most likely in my opinion) then we shouldn't expect to see him leave, given those timings.

Basically the whole "he went in but never came out" thing isn't even an issue. Bit misleading.

Maybe it's a generational thing? But maybe more about generational stereotypes?

When I assess him with the gay predator theory it's not so much about the clothes as about his hair and face. He would make a good model for gay magazines or that sort of thing. His looks fit into that 'pretty boy' category that was mentioned earlier. That doesn't mean Corrie is gay, it just means he's a type that might look attractive to a gay predator who likes that type.

People are talking about that internet site, Grindr?? It's in the news right now, but not everyone is internet savvy, and not all predators of any type use the internet...the real world is still very much a hunting ground for predators, and an opportunist will take an opportunity that falls into their lap.

We'd be considering an angle like this if it was a missing female, and if there's a possibility of Corrie getting into a car voluntarily, then this is an angle which could lead to something going bad.

It probably didn't happen, but it's something to consider, and I would give it higher probability than a terrorist abduction....for whatever that's worth, because I don't rate terrorist abduction as very high probability.

So with 5 positions that leaves approx. 40 seconds (ignoring sweeping) remaining on each position.

The CCTV of Corrie is 22 seconds long. Lets assume that it had just turned to that position and would have been at that position for a further 18 seconds. Then lets assume that 3 of those cameras wouldn't pick up the area that Corrie was in.That would leave approximately 2 minutes for the camera to have changed positions and for him to leave the area without being seen.

I think that's about right anyway. It's late.

It is "a tad" misleading as the maths are "42 seconds on the area and 168 seconds elsewhere".

Or "he could have had a piddle and zipped up and be out of there" before the camera came back on to the area.

So the "case" as put forward in the media is "he disappeared in that dead end", which isn't really the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member