UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the police seem confident he's not in the town so its how he left that night. i'm not from the area so don't know how busy vehicle wise it would be at that time. but if cctv would catch him walking or cycling then they would capture all vehicle movements. seems like they haven't identified all the vehicles yet.

I'm sure I read Corrie's mother say that the bin lorry had been forensically checked and there was no sign of him. Also, we have to assume that the bin lorry has been seen on CCTV by the police, who'd therefore have ruled out him hitching a ride on the back? If the bin lorry somehow avoided being seen on CCTV in that same area Corrie went into, then surely we have to assume that Corrie could have slipped away unseen too.

It almost seems strange for the family to fixate on the fact he isn't seen leaving that area, when there do seem to be opportunities for him to have left undetected - CCTV camera moves (I gather), or perhaps he slipped out & up the street when the bin lorry was between him and the camera?

The whole thing is very, very strange though. I do feel that there are details we aren't being told.

His mum says police have not been able to get the number plate... wonder if its been picked up on other cameras though.

Is this a hatchback with a boot spoiler,, cant work out what model it is??

View attachment 103461View attachment 103462

It is very far away with poor lighting but my instinct is it might be a Subaru Impreza WRX late 90's to mid 2000's? It should have been picked up clearly on the council CCTV camera down St John Street above The Bushel.

I don't know why everyone is convinced he needs a pee and wanted a bike. He was awake before 3.25am so it's not that he just woke up and needed a pee, he may have peed in the doorway earlier or peed himself for all we know. It isn't easy to just take a bike, you need tools to break the lock. Not something someone woozy after a night on the drink would find easy.

The CCTV footage is taken a few minutes after he woke up. The shop doorway was a very public place so he was unlikely to have chosen that as the spot to have a pee, so it would make sense for him to look for somewhere else. To me, in the CCTV footage he has the classic look of somebody looking for a quiet spot to have a pee.

Another thing of note is that it was Saturday. So Bury St Edmunds would have been pretty busy.

And I expect that bins would have also being used that day ....and likely emptied that night.

How much forensics ("anywhere") would be detectable ?

While the urinating theory seems totally plausible, I felt very uneasy watching that clip. I'm not sure why exactly other than gut feeling. I didn't like the running nor that he kept looking back where he came from. Even when his face is blocked I feel he's looking.
Even though I'm sure it sounds weird, I think he felt very uneasy and I'm picking up on that.

Sent from my 5017B using Tapatalk

Going for a wee seems the most plausible explanation but I'm sure a lot of my guy friends will just go wherever. When I was younger I had a wee in the centre of town outside a boots store :eek: (don't judge me lol).

My point being, would he normally find a quiet spot? Also, at that time of night everywhere is a quiet spot and all the cctv would see is him standing against a wall.

He looks hesitant in the video and not like someone on a mission to get home.

While the urinating theory seems totally plausible, I felt very uneasy watching that clip. I'm not sure why exactly other than gut feeling. I didn't like the running nor that he kept looking back where he came from. Even when his face is blocked I feel he's looking.
Even though I'm sure it sounds weird, I think he felt very uneasy and I'm picking up on that.

I agree. It made me feel uneasy also.

Surely the sniffer dog would pick up if he had a pee? It looks to me like he was meeting someone hence why he didn't go straight home and that person knew to meet at the loading bay because of the lack of cctv. Maybe someone in the club holds the key, did anyone see Corrie talking to someone in the club?

It gives me an eerie feeling but tbh I think that's with the hindsight knowledge that it's the very last sighting 😢😕

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Would a sniffer dog be able to scent a particular individual's urine scent? Not something I've ever pondered before.

I don't know why everyone is convinced he needs a pee and wanted a bike. He was awake before 3.25am so it's not that he just woke up and needed a pee, he may have peed in the doorway earlier or peed himself for all we know. It isn't easy to just take a bike, you need tools to break the lock. Not something someone woozy after a night on the drink would find easy.

It doubt he would off peed himself or peed in a shop doorway as that's a bit stupid, he's not that drunk that he didn't know what he's doing. Maybe he dosnt need a pee at all but it's the perfect place to nip into on the way through where there's no one about. I mentioned the bike because if you watch the clip he looks down in the direction of where the bikes are parked! There could of been one that wasn't secured or maybe all of them were and it was just a thought that crossed his mind! As for all the comments about him being followed or other people in the alley.. I don't think so. They would have been caught on camera. The people that some people are seeing is just the quality of the video , you can see them all over the clip.
Also he's a confident Scottish guy who's not shy so I'm sure if someone was following him I can see him confronting them on the Main Street, not casually walking down an alley way!
Someone who met him that night said he was being loud in the nightclub and another said he sat with people in the takeaway and was playing Rock Paper Scissors with strangers.. not the kind of guy to be shy in confronting a stranger following him, imo.

Another thing of note is that it was Saturday. So Bury St Edmunds would have been pretty busy.

And I expect that bins would have also being used that day ....and likely emptied that night.

How much forensics ("anywhere") would be detectable ?

Yes those bins would have been used by the market traders on the Saturday.

It gives me an eerie feeling but tbh I think that's with the hindsight knowledge that it's the very last sighting 

Yes that true. Things can be affected when other information is surrounding it.

I felt the same way. It's not just that it's the last currently known sighting, it's the body language.

I don't know enough to analyse it, but the hands in the pockets seems to be from feeling cold. He's looking behind him, though, not like he's looking for a place to pee or to make sure there's no one watching...there's a sense of discomfort from the way he's looking around. Why is he looking behind him from the direction he's just come from? He must know there's no one down there, so why look backwards like that?

I also agree about there possibly being a limp, not a bad limp but consistent with something like ricking your ankle?

And his head is down...why are his head and shoulders so low. Why is he not head high, shoulders high? He knows this place well...if he's looking around for a place to pee, there should be more knowledge and confidence...but he looks scared in a way that makes me feel so sick for his mum to watch that footage.

He doesn't look like the confident young man I expected, he looks very wary and uncomfortable. But if there was no one around, why would he feel that way? He looks sad, miserable, not like "ahh that was a heavy night, now let's get on with walking back to base!" This is really the exact opposite of what I expected to see. Even people who've had too much to drink look forwards as they stagger around. Maybe as he comes into view there's something like a gotta pee bounce, but after that his walk is open yet with that thing that suggests a limp.

Another thought, Amonet. Could it be he needed to throw up? After 2 hours sleep and a dodgy takeaway combined with alcohol it may explain him looking how he does and the sudden about turn toward the bins.

I felt the same way. It's not just that it's the last currently known sighting, it's the body language.

I don't know enough to analyse it, but the hands in the pockets seems to be from feeling cold. He's looking behind him, though, not like he's looking for a place to pee or to make sure there's no one watching...there's a sense of discomfort from the way he's looking around. Why is he looking behind him from the direction he's just come from? He must know there's no one down there, so why look backwards like that?

I also agree about there possibly being a limp, not a bad limp but consistent with something like ricking your ankle?

And his head is down...why are his head and shoulders so low. Why is he not head high, shoulders high? He knows this place well...if he's looking around for a place to pee, there should be more knowledge and confidence...but he looks scared in a way that makes me feel so sick for his mum to watch that footage.

He doesn't look like the confident young man I expected, he looks very wary and uncomfortable. But if there was no one around, why would he feel that way? He looks sad, miserable, not like "ahh that was a heavy night, now let's get on with walking back to base!" This is really the exact opposite of what I expected to see. Even people who've had too much to drink look forwards as they stagger around. Maybe as he comes into view there's something like a gotta pee bounce, but after that his walk is open yet with that thing that suggests a limp.

Yes its almost haunting the way he looks back in the direction he came from. Like he doesn't know where (if there was foul play) this person is going to come out from. It makes me more convinced there is someone in the immediate area and this is where things started going downhill for Corrie that night. That is not a guy who just went out and is simply walking home. He's getting away from something.

Unfortunately I've not been able to watch this latest piece of CCTV video as it seems you can only watch it by logging into Facebook. Which I'm not on. Has anyone seen the footage elsewhere please? I'd like to see what the rest of you are talking about :(

Another thought, Amonet. Could it be he needed to throw up? After 2 hours sleep and a dodgy takeaway combined with alcohol it may explain him looking how he does and the sudden about turn toward the bins.

That does sound feasible, certainly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member