UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm nearly sure I read that it was not unusual for Corrie to walk back to base after a night out which would make his actions predictable. I wonder if this is a regular occurrence with any of the other lads at base as this would leave them vulnerable.

I think as far as his family (and presumably friends) are concerned Corrie did nothing that night that was unusual, apart from not making it back to base. He often separated from his mates, he regularly stopped for food at Mama Mia after a drinking sesh, and it wasn't unheard of for him to have a little nod in a doorway before walking back to base.

It's sad that nobody knew Corrie was missing until he failed to clock in at work on Monday, that's all day Saturday and Sunday with no contact. I don't know how RAF bases work but from what I've seen this one is mainly houses, would he have lived alone or, as he has no wife & kids would he have been in shared accom? And who's the American guy he was normally seen out with? Someone from the base? the USAF used to have a base a Mildenhall but wiki tells me staff were to be moved to Lakenheath about 5 miles away. Could Corrie have been heading to see his American friend up there?

I wish Uncle Tony would give us an update again.

It's sad that nobody knew Corrie was missing until he failed to clock in at work on Monday, that's all day Saturday and Sunday with no contact. I don't know how RAF bases work but from what I've seen this one is mainly houses, would he have lived alone or, as he has no wife & kids would he have been in shared accom?
It may well have been noticed he wasn't around but it was assumed that he had met a lady or gone to a party or something. Workplaces have a duty of care so are often the first to report someone missing.

I really, really don't believe this was the work of the RAF (or UFO's!) but the idea did pop into my mind that it could be some of his colleagues involved in whatever the hell happened to him. The fact that his phone headed in the direction of another aircraft base niggles at me.

I wish Uncle Tony would give us an update again.

UNCLE TONY'S LATEST UPDATE ...

Tue 11th update:
Quick update:
First of all, I have to start with an enormous thank you to everyone for the incredible response and support for printing and distributing the thousands of posters and spreading the message far and wide - it really is overwhelming.
As mentioned in the previous update, media and search activity is ramping up, as some of you are starting to comment on.
1. Find the Nokia Lumia Phone. This is still outstanding.
2. If you were in town that night or early hours of the morning and you have not yet informed the Police (whether you think you saw anything or not) please contact the incident room as a matter of urgency.
3. If you have any source of private cctv from Bury or the surrounding area, please notify the incident room - whether you think it shows anything of interest or not.
4. The 3 people being sought in the last update have been identified and are helping the Police with their inquiries - there is no suggestion they are involved.
5. It is still not known how Corrie left Bury, although it is assumed he has. That may have been on foot or in a vehicle (either willingly or unwillingly).
6. To reiterate from earlier update - activity may be observed on some of Corrie's social media accounts/apps - this will be due to Police investigative activity.
We are trying to organise poster collections etc. Please watch for follow up post.
If you post and it is not shown or deleted, please assume it is either a duplicate or just us trying to maintain the focus on key things - but we do appreciate you taking the time to share your messages.
Again, from Nicola, Makeyan, Darroch and the whole family, you are a source of strength - thank you so much.

I really, really don't believe this was the work of the RAF (or UFO's!)

Me neither, but IIRC in the very earliest report of his disappearance he was described as a military policeman.

but the idea did pop into my mind that it could be some of his colleagues involved in whatever the hell happened to him. The fact that his phone headed in the direction of another aircraft base niggles at me.

IF he was/is military police then it's possible he was or had involved in an investigation that might have hacked off one or more of his colleagues. IF so, then I would see any action against him by colleagues as unofficial and private rather than official.

There are many things niggling me with this case. My ex was military and while like has been said it is no way uncommon for the blokes to wander off or meet a girl from what i remember the blokes would text each other endlessly the next day (where did you end up, guess what happened last night, oh that was a laugh etc) If i had been out with my pals and one had gone off if i had not heard from them all of the next day i would be very concerned! I was also on the facebook group earlier this morning and there was a large conversation about a new girlfriend which was after the one that had been reported in the news, this girl lived around thetford it was said, which would be in the direction the phone went i think, however the whole conversation was pulled and deleted within half an hour which i suspect was to protect the girl or was not true???

Maybe I've watched too many movies but I've thought about the GPS in the phone. The Police have said what time and roughly the area where the phone ended up so assuming the GPS is accurate to tens of feet/yards and they have the time of last ping too can't they check CCTV (lots of fuel stations with CCTV) in that area at that time and see what is there? Like a vehicle seen in BSE at ~01:00 now in Barton Mills area at 04:30 for example.

I assume the theory of it being disposed of/dropped in a bin and being transported by bin lorry has been ruled out?

I just can't fathom if the Police do think he, phone or both got into a vehicle I can't see there being any way to avoid being caught on CCTV. Impossible even. Sure it would take time to sift through and cross check/time CCTV but after two weeks that should have been done by now.

Actually that makes me wonder, we've been told that the phone was pinging as late as 8am on the Saturday, if soemone had harmed Corrie deliberately in some way I'd say one of the first things they'd do would be to stop the phone pings, not allow it be be tracked for over 4 hours

I think you're giving the average bad guy/girl more credit for brains and planning than is usually exhibited 😅😉

IF there's anyone here who followed the Adrian Lynch disappearance too, we had 8 months of this, the longer he went unfounded the more inventive the conspiracy theories got ... it's understandable, we just want to be able to come up with some reason, any reason that could make more sense than 'we can't find him' ... my heart breaks for Corrie's family as it did for Adrian's ...

If I ever went missing I would hope that one of the first things the police would do would be to collect phone ping data, it's become so routine now that I'd guess it would be available instantly from the network provider so I'm not too surprised that the info was available quickly.

Actually phone data is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998, so in order to access it the police have to obtain a court order.

I'm not sure what the position for the MOD is, given that their remit is security and defence. They may have privileges in this respect that are not given to the civilian police.

Maybe I've watched too many movies but I've thought about the GPS in the phone. The Police have said what time and roughly the area where the phone ended up so assuming the GPS is accurate to tens of feet/yards and they have the time of last ping too can't they check CCTV (lots of fuel stations with CCTV) in that area at that time and see what is there? Like a vehicle seen in BSE at ~01:00 now in Barton Mills area at 04:30 for example.

Smart phones, at least, have GPS as standard but it's not necessarily turned on. Many people don't know it's there, or don't know how to switch it on and off, and since it's very heavy on battery use it's not something you'd want switched on by default. I have a GPS tracking app for metal detecting and it can flatten the battery from full in under 6 hours, mostly because it stops the phone from sleeping.

BBM

Hey Tricksy, guess where we want you to be at 3:24am on Saturday - Bury town centre checking out bin lorries. Oh yeah.

I've never seen a bin lorry out at 3:24am. Can't say what time they start in the morning, well at least the council ones I think were about 6am - thinking back to when I had a shop.

I've never seen a bin lorry out at 3:24am. Can't say what time they start in the morning, well at least the council ones I think were about 6am - thinking back to when I had a shop.

Yes normally the bin lorries start out around 6.00pm... Strange

Hi

I am no where near the area but have been following this case closely on the Facebook group and it was reported on there it was Hughes doorway just next to where he was last seen on camera. The teenagers who the police were looking for were around the Cornhill area or back of super drug if that means anything to anyone local?

Thank you, that makes perfect sense. Again, I still wonder why if he was seen asleep in a doorway, that wasn't picked up by the police and the town pastors. I have it from someone who was employed by Suffolk Police that usually when someone is spotted on CCTV in a doorway the police would usually check.

Thank you, that makes perfect sense. Again, I still wonder why if he was seen asleep in a doorway, that wasn't picked up by the police and the town pastors. I have it from someone who was employed by Suffolk Police that usually when someone is spotted on CCTV in a doorway the police would usually check.

Would that be a busy part of town between 1am and 3am? Roughly how many people might have walked past him, like a few, or dozens or hundreds?

Who looked after his puppy? quote Relatives say Corrie would not have abandoned his beloved puppy which he left at RAF Honington unquote. Someone must have realised the puppy was being neglected or if they looked after it that something was wrong. Rather than sleep in a doorway I would sleep in my car, either walking to it to getting a taxi there. You could make yourself comfortable enough rather than walk in the dark. IMHO anyway. And just drive home sober sometime next day. How would he get back to BSE to collect his car?

Who looked after his puppy? quote Relatives say Corrie would not have abandoned his beloved puppy which he left at RAF Honington unquote. Someone must have realised the puppy was being neglected or if they looked after it that something was wrong. Rather than sleep in a doorway I would sleep in my car, either walking to it to getting a taxi there. You could make yourself comfortable enough rather than walk in the dark. IMHO anyway. And just drive home sober sometime next day. How would he get back to BSE to collect his car?

ITA, I don't see why you'd sleep in a cold doorway when you have a car nearby, Corrie wasn't wearing any kind of coat and the nights have got colder recently. I khow he'd walked home in the past but we don't know if on those times he'd driven into BSE, he might have gone with friends or in taxi and not had enough money to get a taxi home again. I suppose he could get a lift back the next day to pick uphis car.

I've seen on the facebook page that the car hasn't been moved yet

I've seen that the puppy is now being looked after by his friends but I agree it would have been whining to be let out or fed during the day on the Saturday, does anyone know what the accomocation is like at the base, does Corrie have a room mate who might have taken care of the puppy when he didn't come home. Corrie appears to be single so not coming home after a night out wouldn't necessarily have raised any concerns as he could easily have hooked up with a girl as far as his friends knew

Maybe they did check but haven't made that information public. Would they move people on or let them sleep a little if they're not causing any trouble?

ITA, I don't see why you'd sleep in a cold doorway when you have a car nearby, Corrie wasn't wearing any kind of coat and the nights have got colder recently. I khow he'd walked home in the past but we don't know if on those times he'd driven into BSE, he might have gone with friends or in taxi and not had enough money to get a taxi home again. I suppose he could get a lift back the next day to pick uphis car.

I've seen on the facebook page that the car hasn't been moved yet

Does it say where the car is parked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members