UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a really short distance:

f0dc.png

Ah thanks 'TheTruthWillOut' !! Im having a moment,,, been looking at completely the wrong area behind Greggs not far from Palmers Fashion store :-/

Looking from above, that "block" of shops, looks like a "rabbit warren".
I imagine it has been covered by now....but I think "Cadaver Dogs" should be called in.

The reason for that is, if Corrie was there (in or around one of those buildings / rooftops / back yards) and just because he now isn't, doesn't mean "he left at the same time his mobile phone did". It is a "loading area". And that means "things" get "loaded.

It's a "long shot" ....but I think they need to play some "long shots" now.

Early on, there was an appeal by the police for "three teenagers" to come forward.
One female, two males....aged between 16-18. They were "seen" in Short Brackland, at the side of the Cornhill Shopping Centre at around 4.20am.

They were eventually traced (or came forward). But I'm struck by "the time".

Corrie is seen there at 3.25am (one minute after getting up from the doorway).
And the bin lorry is collecting the waste paper at 4.00am

Who saw them ? The CCTV camera OR the bin lorry crew ?

I'm assuming the CCTV. There was a pretty detailed description. And the three were identified also by gender. The time seemed "pretty accurate", given that the camera would note the time, whereas the individuals wouldn't (hence the "about" in the police appeal) .....and surely it didn't take 20mins to empty a bin, so it couldn't have been the bin lorry crew ?

Looking from above, that "block" of shops, looks like a "rabbit warren".
I imagine it has been covered by now....but I think "Cadaver Dogs" should be called in.

The reason for that is, if Corrie was there (in or around one of those buildings / rooftops / back yards) and just because he now isn't, doesn't mean "he left at the same time his mobile phone did". It is a "loading area". And that means "things" get "loaded.

It's a "long shot" ....but I think they need to play some "long shots" now.

One thing we now know from this CCTV is he didn't have the food waste on him. So he must have left it in the Hughes doorway. There would be no need for him to lift a lid on a bin and can't see how is phone could end up in one accidentally?

It is too coincidental that the only vehicle that is known to have come near Corrie is this bin lorry and his phone ends up in the exact area where the depot is? What are the chances of another unrelated vehicle around the same time would also go to that same area 10 miles away with Corrie's phone?

Either the Police are holding back footage (likely) or this will go down as one of the big mysteries.

Apologies if this has already been covered, but does anybody with knowledge of the area know how much further Corrie might have got beyond Short Brackland without being picked up on CCTV? In other words, is it likely that whatever happened to him occured close to the bin area or could it have occured somewhere further down Short Brackland or on Cannon Street or Orchard Street?

I'm interested because if the police are certain he didn't leave the area on foot, then he obviously must have left in a vehicle. But if there are CCTV cameras on all of the possible routes away from Short Brackland, they would know which vehicles went into and left the area in addition to the bin lorry. Yet so far they haven't issued any appeals for the owners of any particular types of vehicle to come forward, as is common in cases like this. If a vehicle managed to get into the area and leave with Corrie and somehow avoid being picked up on CCTV, it may imply that whoever it was really knew what they were doing.

Sort of answering my own question, but looking at the latest CCTV footage again, it seems like it would have been impossible for Corrie to leave the bin area and continue down Short Brackland without being caught again on CCTV - the camera seems to have the whole street covered. So if that footage really is the last the police have of him, he could not have left the bin area on foot. And if the bin lorry was the only vehicle to enter and leave the area around that time, he could only have left in/on that.

He walks into the "loading area" at the top of the road....and doesn't come out.

And the TOTALLY BIZARRE thing is..... neither does anyone else.

Yet another frustration, is this truely the final CCTV that has been said to be grainy? If so why say it's grainy when it clearly isn't at all or is there yet more from a later time?

The police release say it was at 3.25am, I know it's only 1 minute but to date we've been told 3.24am as the last sighting. In fact if you click back through the police releases they said on 17/10 "at this stage there is no information that gives any confirmed sighing of Corrie beyond 3.20am on Saturday 24 September." Have they really just found this footage in the last 3 days. I really don't like to criticise the police as they do a fantastic job but why the misinformation in this case?

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague
Yes this is so puzzling. How can they have only just found this cctv?!

People don't just vanish into thin air. I can't wrap my brain around this.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I don't recall being told the last sighting cctv was "grainy" - I thought the earlier one was used because it was better quality (which it definitely is) and better showed what he was wearing etc

ITA for the reasons you've explained it doesn't add up although it seems that BSE is a relatively busy place in the wee small hours so maybe a mugging could be possible

Muggings in the town center do happen, but not regularly by any means.

That was my thinking farfaraway. ..

0325hrs 24/09/2016 - This is the last known sighting on CCTV of Corrie. The building on the right, is the gable end of Greggs. The area he is walking towards is a U shaped dead end, leading to the back of retail premises. He is walking towards a cycle rack and some industrial bins. Its understood that this camera was set on a sweep sequence and changed viewing angle on an automatic cycle. He is not seen on this camera leaving the area

David Urquhart

Maybe that's why nothing of Corrie... or another person is seen.

I don't recall being told the last sighting cctv was "grainy" - I thought the earlier one was used because it was better quality (which it definitely is) and better showed what he was wearing etc

My memory of that was people were asking why other footage (that we got just today) wasn't being released and a reason I read was because it was too grainy/low quality. That most likely wasn't from an official source though.

One thing I'm wondering now is how the CCTV cameras operate. Is the one we see today fixed and always looking in the same direction or does it rotate (automatically?) and this is why there is no more footage?

Edit: What a coincidence...Spooky!

Reading through the thread backwoods and catching up and see your previous comment. It sounds crazy doesn't it? Would it explain why he wasn't seen, the phone moving? But if you thought the bin lorry was heading to RAF Honington for some reason.

Reading through the thread backwoods and catching up and see your previous comment. It sounds crazy doesn't it? Would it explain why he wasn't seen, the phone moving? But if you thought the bin lorry was heading to RAF Honington for some reason.
I don't even want to type this but I was thinking if somehow he was struck and carried away by the lorry and then detached from it/rolled into a ditch before it reached the dump 😕

I don't even want to type this but I was thinking if somehow he was struck and carried away by the lorry and then detached from it/rolled into a ditch before it reached the dump ��

Or deliberately crawled underneath, like in 70s secret agent shows? Not sure if that's possible.

If he'd been on or under or hit by the bin lorry, surely there'd be some forensic evidence of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper