UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great points, I don't know. Are we sure all the premises at the back of that area have been searched INSIDE and out?

I asked a few pages back whether there were residential properties up the metal staircases and I'm sure someone said they're not, and that they'd been searched (might have seen it on FB)

Yes, I remember this! I'm sure it was described as a 'motion activated camera' at the Barton Mills roundabout (I think) which had *only* picked up the bin lorry.

In fact, here is a link to an article confirming the above in a quote by Corrie's mum.

Thanks for finding that! I find it very unlikely it would be a motion activated camera. Even at that time of the morning there would be a lot of traffic as it is a major 'hub' and has services and fuel stations etc.

It wouldn't be inactive much at all! Probably nothing but just another weirdly worded thing. A ANPR camera would make much more sense to me but what do I know...

Absolutely. A companies house search shows someone with his name and of the same age listed as director of a company registered to the same address as Pizza Mama Mia since April this year - so definitely not outside the realms of possibility that he had been released by that point (just short of 2 years served of a 3 year sentence).

Having said that, it could easily be a coincidence and is probably impossible for a member of the public to verify either way. I've seen him described several times as the last person to talk to Corrie, so I'd like to think that the police will have looked into anyone of interest from that night.

Also, in terms of the guy who was jailed for sexual assault, his victim was described in media reports as being a 'teenage woman' and as being a student at Worcester University. This suggests to me she was 17/18/19 years of age rather than underage / very young, which was suggested earlier. Similar age to the attacker himself at the time (19). (Not suggesting it's a 'lesser crime', just a different crime as it takes any preference for children out of it.)

Again, not saying that they are the same guy (or that he should even be a person of interest), but agree that it can't be ruled out.

The first thing I did when I saw the newspaper interview with the takeaway guy was search him and compare the potential image with the efits from the RAF abduction attempt.
I still feel he met someone he knows near the location he was last seen. The police must know an awful lot more about how he would normally make it back to base or stay elsewhere and how he would get back there.

Yes I read that and it mentioned searchers on roof tops. But have they searched inside the premises I don't think I have seen that confirmed?

The sort of cameras which can be "triggered" are speed cameras and those monitoring lights at a junction. So maybe if the bin lorry had gone through a red light it could have triggered a camera.

Sure but on the roundabout in question there are no traffic lights or speed cameras looking on Google.

Yes I read that and it mentioned searchers on roof tops. But have they searched inside the premises I don't think I have seen that confirmed?

I hope so!! They should probably send cadaver dogs up there if they haven't already.

I watched a documentary a few months back about the Millie Dowler case. That said there was CCTV covering the street where she disappeared into thin air so they couldn't figure out how she disappeared, they said it would take an expert a ton of planning to evade the cameras. But eventually they worked out exactly what had caused this apparent expert evasion, and it wasn't expert evasion it was really pure chance and I think a badly placed set of trees or something like that.

I would take these claims of needed expert evasion skills with a pinch of salt.

I think the uncle said it would be tricky, but it might just have been coincidental. Presumably that same camera couldn't miss a vehicle but the first one spotted was the bin lorry at 4am. So either he left on the bin lorry or he unwittingly got past the camera. He's not still there so it's gotta be one or the other, no?

I really can't see Corrie deciding to go see a friend at that time of the morning. I can't see him wanting to go anywhere but home.

When I was a young as 15 (and very stupid) I would often walk the 3 miles home alone at that time of the morning. I'd get in taxi's that would stop to offer me a lift and a couple of times in complete strangers cars. If I walked the whole walk I would cut through a park and the woods. Anyway, I certainly did not do this by choice, I did it because by the end of the night I did not have the £12+ it cost for a taxi. I read on the Facebook page that Corrie was due to be paid the week after he went missing so i'm thinking that maybe he didn't have the funds for a taxi home. He looked miserable in the last CCTV and could easily see him accepting a lift from someone. I just find it strange that anyone would be out looking to hurt someone at that time of the morning, so think anything that might have happened would be down to some sort of disagreement after a lift had been accepted. I also believe that he made it out of the bin area and anything that happened, happened down Short Brackland and I just can't imagine residents not hearing some sort of commotion. Also, how many men get abducted? We hear of women and kids all the time but not so many men. Not to say it doesn't happen but less often and less likely.

I'm still not convinced he didn't manage to make it out of the area undetected by CCTV. The search team said they're going to create a map of all the places they've searched which will be good to see.

I think it would help if the family did some sort of question and answer post on Facebook just to clear a few things up.

Anybody know what time Corrie spoke to the homeless man?

......Also, how many men get abducted? We hear of women and kids all the time but not so many men. Not to say it doesn't happen but less often and less likely.

But there was an attempted abduction of an raf guy recently and not far away. I'm curious why that obvious connection hasn't been taken more seriously and has been down played.

There are a few reasons for that.

One is that there's been no public ransom demand. This is the reason that's been made public.

They should also be in contact with counter terrorism experts to check chatter just in case.

Bur the third thing is that Corrie wasn't in uniform. He wasn't close to his base (entering or leaving). If you were a terrorist looking to abduct a serviceman, you're not going to come across a drunk guy in civvies at 3.30 in the morning in a town centre just after the clubs have closed and figure out that he's a perfect kidnap target.

So it's not impossible, but it's pretty unlikely imho.

But there was an attempted abduction of an raf guy recently and not far away. I'm curious why that obvious connection hasn't been taken more seriously and has been down played.

Reminder that in about an hour the forum will go down for maintenance until around midday tomorrow (BST)

There are a few reasons for that.

One is that there's been no public ransom demand. This is the reason that's been made public.

They should also be in contact with counter terrorism experts to check chatter just in case.

Bur the third thing is that Corrie wasn't in uniform. He wasn't close to his base (entering or leaving). If you were a terrorist looking to abduct a serviceman, you're not going to come across a drunk guy in civvies at 3.30 in the morning in a town centre just after the clubs have closed and figure out that he's a perfect kidnap target.

So it's not impossible, but it's pretty unlikely imho.

1. The RAF guy at Marham probably wasn't in uniform as he was out jogging, but he like Corrie was in a vicinity frequented by servicemen

2. I take no comfort from the lack of a ransom demand - they almost certainly wouldn't want a ransom

3. A drunk guy out on his own would be an easier target than the jogger maybe that lesson was learned.

Third party involvement is a real possibility that's being floated now and if that's the case I think it justifies re-consideration of Marham

Good points. I expect they are quietly looking into that possibility but keeping it quiet on purpose so as to not freak out a potential abductor.

1. The RAF guy at Marham probably wasn't in uniform as he was out jogging, but he like Corrie was in a vicinity frequented by servicemen

2. I take no comfort from the lack of a ransom demand - they almost certainly wouldn't want a ransom

3. A drunk guy out on his own would be an easier target than the jogger maybe that lesson was learned.

Third party involvement is a real possibility that's being floated now and if that's the case I think it justifies re-consideration of Marham

I hope it doesn't take a week for the DNS to resolve. But see you tomorrow, guys, and let's hope it will bring some news.

WOW !

I'm with you on this one, I thought, I took it to be, I was under the impression that Corrie "walked back to camp" on a fairly regular basis.

This is what was said, right ?

The chances are he did, he's hardly going to tell his mum he wanders home drunk in the wilderness, is he? I know it's his mum and she thinks she knows him best but he probably does a lot of things she doesn't think he does.

I was aware of this case but have been moving etc so only just sat down and read through this thread. We're a military family and you'd be amazed what sort of stupid things soldiers/service personnel do when they've had a drink. I know two people in the past year who have been hit by vehicles walking back to camp down a dark and fast road, both are very very lucky to be alive. One was a hit and run in below freezing temperatures and if it was not for a passing police car finding him unconcious he would most certainly have died. The other was hit by a fast car and thrown into bushes, luckily the driver stopped otherwise he would have most definitely died of his injuries and it would have taken a while to find him.

Does anybody know what the content of the picture message he sent after waking up? I imagine it's along the lines of 'OMG, bro, just woke up in a doorway!'.

Service personnel, in my experience, do a lot of crazy and stupid stuff drunk and tend to push the boundaries more than their civilian peers. They work hard, they play hard. I have a lot of single soldier friends and the stuff they get up to is ridiculous and it's amazing more of them don't get seriously hurt. Getting into a bin is really not out of the realms of possibility, in my opinion. Wearing white jeans or just having had a nap wouldn't have put most off.

As for him only going out at 2300 or whatever it was, again the chances are he was drinking on camp. Soldiers (in this case Airmen) can be pretty tight and not particularly good with money and I'm not sure what rank Corrie is but most singlies below Corporal are skint by mid-month or before. I'd be surprised if he was minted towards the end of the month and wouldn't want to waste what he did have on a cab.

Just my opinion but I truly think this will turn out to be a drunken accident, unfortunately. I just hope he is found for the sake of his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lalayc