UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have to go out but will be back later also. Spent too much time on this already over the last few threads. Hopefully will have more news on the Cambridge man by then.

From that link @ 14:53:

"Police say they do not believe body found is missing Corrie McKeague

Police have just told the News officers do not believe the body found in Cambridge today is Corrie McKeague, 23, who was last seen on a night out in Bury St Edmunds.

His phone was traced to Barton Mills near Newmarket on the morning of his disappearance, but has not been located.

Police have joined forces with Suffolk Lowland search and Rescue, the RAF, and other agencies, in the quest to find him. They have closed A-roads, taken out search and rescue dogs, and searched a van and a bin lorry.

They are also viewing hundreds of hours of CCTV, and are viewing images collected from private and business sources in an around Bury St Edmunds.

If you were in Bury St Edmunds after 3am on September24, or have any other information that could help police, call their incident room on 01473 782019. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111."

Why did the Police seize the bin lorry looking for the phone, would this have been before they had the timing of the bin man seeing the teenagers at 4.20am? The timing for them could also have come from the private CCTV, the lady who heard them arguing. I am totally confused with the bin lorry timings matching the phone pings.

Who did the lady hear arguing?

Sorry but what do those acronyms mean? I've been meaning to ask. Pretty much have worked out or know the others.

Hi Shiresleuth!

RSBM - Respectfully Snipped By Me (in other words, "I've read all of the post and am not being rude in cutting your post short, but just want to refer to/emphasise this part that I have left unsnipped and have quoted").

BBM - Bold/ed By Me - refers to bolding of text to make a point/discuss specifically etc.

I don't know if these are widely used outside of WS, I've never come across them elsewhere.

Why did the Police seize the bin lorry looking for the phone, would this have been before they had the timing of the bin man seeing the teenagers at 4.20am? The timing for them could also have come from the private CCTV, the lady who heard them arguing. I am totally confused with the bin lorry timings matching the phone pings.
Well I don't know why they said the pings matched because this data says it shows the phone travelling at vehicle speed between 3.24 in BSE and 4.30 at BM / Mildenhall. Perhaps the bin lorry was the only vehicle shown on cctv. Corrie and his phone was probably already gone from the horse shoe well before the lorry arrived which would explain why he didn't see him there but did see the teenagers.

I had to search!!

BBM - bolded by me
RSBM - respectfully snipped by me

And my post and cj357's above are examples of me 'cross-posting'. My pages refresh slowly so I hadn't seen that cj357 had already replied when I posted mine.

I don't see police asking for sightings between 4.30 an 8am as confirmation the phone was in bm at 4.30. If it physically wasn't possible for the phone to have been in the bin it seems strange to have said that, but can understand as a vehicle there was a legitimate reason to search it anyway.
do you remember pod 1 initially placed at BM roundabout?

Well I don't know why they said the pings matched because this data says it shows the phone travelling at vehicle speed between 3.24 in BSE and 4.30 at BM / Mildenhall. Perhaps the bin lorry was the only vehicle shown on cctv. Corrie and his phone was probably already gone from the horse shoe well before the lorry arrived which would explain why he didn't see him there but did see the teenagers.

If you work the phone ping back 28 minutes as stated it gives you a base line to work from. This could be where the specific 0458 (pedantically matching the 0430 timeline) has come from.
2f9c69334ca889f0e095558390d8e161.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

do you remember pod 1 initially placed at BM roundabout?

I do yeah. I've seen people wonder why do that and then have the second in bse.

Myself personally think it's also odd that so much focus is on bse. We know he left the horseshoe and there's nothing to suggest he didn't have his phone. I've always wondered why bm/m isn't more of a priority to police.

Obviously working out how he left may help in terms of where he went or a third party involved but Ill never understand why they think he doesn't have his phone.

if the last ping was at 5am ware do thy get the 8am bit from? none of it adds up!

If it was travelling from BSE to BM and last 'pinged the mast at 0500', then it must be the BM mast.
5c39bbb91292655870bae3c3cd8ac16b.jpg

Nicola has state that it took 28 minutes to travel from BSE to BM. So that means (you guys have me questioning even myself now...which is good) that the phone left the BSE mast area at 0430?

Anyone have any issues with my understanding of that?

Thank you, I didn't realise it was the first page. I see this:

3.24am to around 4.30am: Police were able to trace Corrie’s mobile phone from Bury to the Barton Mills area, near Mildenhall, at a speed only a vehicle could travel at. His phone was not used after this and it has not been found.
The timings of the movement of the phone match that of a bin lorry known to have travelled between the towns at the time. The bin lorry is seized. The phone is not found.

While it does say it was traced between 3.24 and 4.30 it doesn't give specifics and does say it matched the bin lorry movements (whatever time they were) it could be that the phone left bse at 4.30 and they know it went to bm, for me it's just not very clear or specific

I take it to mean that the phone moved from BSE at 3.24 to BM at 4.30 . This takes 1 hour and 6 mins. Could be walking and hitching or a slow vehicle (hence the bike suggestion initially?) But it cannot mean the phone was still in BSE at 4.30 . These phone movements and the cctv are the only evidence so is really all we have to go on. The bin lorry was ruled out in the end.

As I keep saying....it entered the BM phone mast area at 0500 (0458) and remained within it, updating itself via Facebook apps etc until it ceased to operate anymore at 0800.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v9IR-qslpEw

If this was the app update you previously mentioned this does not necessarily mean it happened exactly at the mast entry point. The phone could have been stationary in the mast area since the 0430 point and updated due to an incoming app maybe asking "where are u" for example IMO. So taking 28 minutes off 0458 would be incorrect. Taking 28 minutes off 0430
however would give 04.02 at the BSE mast exit point approx 3 miles out of Bury. So 04.02 minus 03.24 equals 38 minutes to walk 3 miles from the horseshoe (doable) where he could have hitched a lift just on outskirts. ....just thinking aloud.

I do yeah. I've seen people wonder why do that and then have the second in bse.

Myself personally think it's also odd that so much focus is on bse. We know he left the horseshoe and there's nothing to suggest he didn't have his phone. I've always wondered why bm/m isn't more of a priority to police.

Obviously working out how he left may help in terms of where he went or a third party involved but Ill never understand why they think he doesn't have his phone.

Probably because central BSE is where he was likely picked up and has the potential to harvest more information given its population density compared to BM. I can't imagine there would be many people about that way at 4:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think his family have their opinion on what has happened (third party) and aren't willing to see other options as being possible. They obviously love Corrie and I can completely see why they wouldn't want to believe he could just go AWOL and not contact them, or that they wouldn't want to believe he's capable of ending his life. But I think both of those are options that must be explored.

this doesn't explain why he wasn't on cctv after going into the horseshoe. I agree both of these options are viable but cctv footage suggests otherwise and he wasn't found in horseshoe so very doubtful Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon