UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I looking at the right bit of forest here? I've never seen a forest divided up like that!

https://goo.gl/maps/kPcf4qtin2M2

Yes, that's Thetford Forest.

Although it's called a forest it was originally estalblished as a plantation, with blocks of trees of a specific species planted according to a specific plan. Forestry Commission forests were set up to provide a steady supply of softwoods for what were then major strategic purposes. One of the issues arising from WWI is that at times there was disruption to the supply of Scandinavian softwoods for uses such as pitprops used in coal mines due to German attacks on shipping in the North Sea. The intention, therefore, was to ensure that could not happen again.

You're right as far as I know. Am I right in thinking the sugar beet sighting is near the area? It wasn't ever effectively ruled out as him there was no one on the cctv they checked.

Sugar Beet factory is on the eastern outskirts of BSE. The sighting was reported on Hollow Road, which is SW of the factory. From there its still about 9 lmiles to Honington as the crow flies.

I did consider the phone being deliberately thrown into the back of the bin lorry whilst the driver wasn't looking at one stage - but dismissed it - not sure that's even possible.
Steve look at the timings I've been on about for some time now. The phone was in mildenhall about 4.30 and the bin lorry was only just in SB at 4.20. The police searched anyway probably because of family pressure but nothing was found.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/man-watched-shock-body-pulled-12326313

A body of a man has been found in a stream in Cambridge. In quite an open area so probably only been there today. I doub't it is related probably a drunk student.

I am following the search for Ben Savage student missing in Kent, last sighting near The Pier, believed to have fallen in the river. Went missing after a night out a week last Monday night. With river currents etc who knows as it is a fair distance between the above and where he was last seen and where the searches are.

Sugar Beet factory is on the eastern outskirts of BSE. The sighting was reported on Hollow Road, which is SW of the factory. From there its still about 9 lmiles to Honington as the crow flies.

Does that make it halfway between where he started 'the horseshoe' and where he was headed 'honington'?

I think nicola viewed cctv and ruled it out.

No I didn't know that. I do know that the sw point of the forest is very close to Lakenheath so perhaps this area is close to that base maybe?

Nope. There are a number of small areas but the main one is to the NE of the main forested area on the open Breckland. It's clearly marked on OS maps. It starts about 5km north of Thetford.

I have posted it a second ttime but here it is again www.findcorrie.co.uk we all know this website. I have to manually type in the link but I have clicked it myself and it works.
Edit - it is the first page the website goes to. Let me know if any of you cannot find it.

Thank you, I didn't realise it was the first page. I see this:

3.24am to around 4.30am: Police were able to trace Corrie’s mobile phone from Bury to the Barton Mills area, near Mildenhall, at a speed only a vehicle could travel at. His phone was not used after this and it has not been found.
The timings of the movement of the phone match that of a bin lorry known to have travelled between the towns at the time. The bin lorry is seized. The phone is not found.

While it does say it was traced between 3.24 and 4.30 it doesn't give specifics and does say it matched the bin lorry movements (whatever time they were) it could be that the phone left bse at 4.30 and they know it went to bm, for me it's just not very clear or specific

Is there any way Corrie could have made into this river from the river at BSE?

No. The Lark runs towards the NE, through Barton Mills and past Mildenhall, before joining the Great Ouse at Littleport, then northwards to the Wash. Littleport is a good 20km north of Cambridge.

Thank you, I didn't realise it was the first page. I see this:

3.24am to around 4.30am: Police were able to trace Corrie’s mobile phone from Bury to the Barton Mills area, near Mildenhall, at a speed only a vehicle could travel at. His phone was not used after this and it has not been found.
The timings of the movement of the phone match that of a bin lorry known to have travelled between the towns at the time. The bin lorry is seized. The phone is not found.

While it does say it was traced between 3.24 and 4.30 it doesn't give specifics and does say it matched the bin lorry movements (whatever time they were) it could be that the phone left bse at 4.30 and they know it went to bm, for me it's just not very clear or specific
The police also said 4.30 in mildenhall which confirmed it to me as a second source. I see no evidence showing the phone in BSE at 4.30 at all.

Can we clear this phone ping thing up please? I am going out for a couple of hours and by the time I come back I'd like to see a lovely succinct post with a listing of all the information we have been given by the police and family, quotes and all.

(feel like I've just asked my kids to tidy their rooms)

c6ae9e32d5731064841699894239cc11.jpg
9ec9e86fb387daeaaed01f39cee85ecd.jpg

Here is where the discrepancies lay...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't see police asking for sightings between 4.30 an 8am as confirmation the phone was in bm at 4.30. If it physically wasn't possible for the phone to have been in the bin it seems strange to have said that, but can understand as a vehicle there was a legitimate reason to search it anyway.

The police also said 4.30 in mildenhall which confirmed it to me as a second source. I see no evidence showing the phone in BSE at 4.30 at all.

Why did the Police seize the bin lorry looking for the phone, would this have been before they had the timing of the bin man seeing the teenagers at 4.20am? The timing for them could also have come from the private CCTV, the lady who heard them arguing. I am totally confused with the bin lorry timings matching the phone pings.

Does that make it halfway between where he started 'the horseshoe' and where he was headed 'honington'?

No, Hollow Road is only about a mile from the horseshoe. If you look on a map (cos I'm rubbish at this image thing) and as I walk this way between town & work, it's Looms Lane (down the side of McDonalds) to Northgate St, turn right, left on to Mustow St, follow this it becomes Eastgate St, bear left it becomes Hollow Road. Plenty of housing out along those roads so a sighting of a person walking that way wouldn't be unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic