UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just point out re the timings of phone pings and the bin lorry, they must co ordinate or the police wouldn't have suspected the bin lorry carrying the phone in the first place.

I agree.
However based on the admittedly limited information being shared with us, the movement of the phone and the concentration of interest on BM/Mildenhall could be a complete red herring.

I know we've touched on this previously but IIRC nobody was certain about the bin being locked or unlocked.
Polo has confirmed that the bin/s was/were unlocked recently. (Where I work our recycling bin isn't locked either.)

If the phone was in the unlocked bin, and it does seem likely, Corrie and the phone could have travelled in completely different directions.
The phone could have been:
a)binned by a perp with ill intent
b)binned by Corrie and since we know he was in the area this is IMO most likely or
c)binned by someone who picked the phone up after Corrie may have dropped it, binned it when they saw it wasn't of high value.

So BM/Mildenhall could be totally irrelevant in the search for Corrie and he could have gone in any direction. If the CCTV is as infallible as we're told, they must have been able by now to track all vehicles into and out of the horseshoe for some distance, I think?

Sorry about all the rambling in my previous post. Basically what I'm saying is that as far as I'm aware, the only connection with BM/Mildenhall so far is that the phone appeared to travel in that direction. There's nothing else to link Corrie with BM/Mildenhall I don't think? Can someone put me right if I'm wrong here?

The phone times on the website www.findcorrie.co.uk are stated as follows
3.24 a.m. to around 4.30 a.m. Police trace mobile phone from BSE to BM and Mildenhall area, timings of the phone movements match that of a bin lorry. Bin lorry is seized phone is not found.

So the bin man didn't see corrie but did see the teenagers at 4.20 so how can the bin lorry match these times. It isn't
possible imo.

I'm posting it again. These are the phone timings quoted on the website. The bin lorry times donot appear to match the phone timings but the police searched anyway. According to these PHONE movement timings the phone, with or without corrie was in Mildenhall at 4.30 a.m.

Sorry about all the rambling in my previous post. Basically what I'm saying is that as far as I'm aware, the only connection with BM/Mildenhall so far is that the phone appeared to travel in that direction. There's nothing else to link Corrie with BM/Mildenhall I don't think? Can someone put me right if I'm wrong here?

You're right as far as I know. Am I right in thinking the sugar beet sighting is near the area? It wasn't ever effectively ruled out as him there was no one on the cctv they checked.

Your previous post was a good post, succinct and not rambling at all, for me anyway. Good to get key points and refocus for me anyway. Thank you.

I'm posting it again. These are the phone timings quoted on the website. The bin lorry times donot appear to match the phone timings but the police searched anyway. According to these PHONE movement timings the phone, with or without corrie was in Mildenhall at 4.30 a.m.

Can I have the direct link to the specific page on the website? My head might explode if I don't check it out haha

The doorman also said that he spoke to him at 0120 also. CCTV footage proves that he was 'walking with purpose' towards Brentgovel Street, kebab in hand at that time. :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't see how the doorman can be so precise about the time he spoke to Corrie unless he saw himslef doing it on CCTV after the fact. If that's the case the simplest answer is that the time clocks on the CCTVs don't match (not a stretch IMO) and also in IMO the council one is more likely to have the correct time.

Nicola says that Corrie can be seen on CCTV all the time he's in the doorway so very unlikely that the timing for that is wrong.

JMO

You're right as far as I know. Am I right in thinking the sugar beet sighting is near the area? It wasn't ever effectively ruled out as him there was no one on the cctv they checked.
I cannot get the sugar beet sighting out of my head for very long and it always comes back to me daily, so much so that yesterday I was searching a map to see how far away from base he would be. Twenty minutes was what I read and thought twenty minutes to home, should have made it. I was even checking to see if there was commercial waste disposal on the Hollow Road Industrial Estate. My timings for the walk from sugar beet may be out! Maps and me don't go together!

<modsnip>
If the link that is provided by members doesn't physically link up to the web address, then I can't add it to the timeline as there is nothing there to add. There is nothing personal in this and I hope it's not received that way. It's just the way it is unfortunately.

Are you saying my link www.findcorrie.co.uk doesn't work? ...ources that I have now provided to the forum.

I agree.
However based on the admittedly limited information being shared with us, the movement of the phone and the concentration of interest on BM/Mildenhall could be a complete red herring.

I know we've touched on this previously but IIRC nobody was certain about the bin being locked or unlocked.
Polo has confirmed that the bin/s was/were unlocked recently. (Where I work our recycling bin isn't locked either.)

If the phone was in the unlocked bin, and it does seem likely, Corrie and the phone could have travelled in completely different directions.
The phone could have been:
a)binned by a perp with ill intent
b)binned by Corrie and since we know he was in the area this is IMO most likely or
c)binned by someone who picked the phone up after Corrie may have dropped it, binned it when they saw it wasn't of high value.

So BM/Mildenhall could be totally irrelevant in the search for Corrie and he could have gone in any direction. If the CCTV is as infallible as we're told, they must have been able by now to track all vehicles into and out of the horseshoe for some distance, I think?

ca2778d8ac98c3c56d18d08ceba21f57.png
62b823acbc979de554b6eb6e38e060e8.png

To be fair, looking at the place,net of these bins (and possibly the cars also) I would have thought that the bins would have needed to have been wheeled a few dozen feet to the bin lorry. The uneven floor if there is some, may very well dislodge the phone from the bin lid. A heavy bin would warrant it to be pushed so the operator would more than likely be facing the lid. He would more than likely have seen it in that case. A lighter bin would probably have been pulled. I would have thought with both hands initially to get the momentum going.
Based on that either way, I'm going for the 'phone not on the bin lid', 'phone not in the bin', 'Corrie not in the bin'.
That just leaves the 'Corrie in the cab' possibility if we're all considering the bin lorry option.

I think another step by step poll may be necessary. Who did the last one?

I cannot get the sugar beet sighting out of my head for very long and it always comes back to me daily, so much so that yesterday I was searching a map to see how far away from base he would be. Twenty minutes was what I read and thought twenty minutes to home, should have made it. I was even checking to see if there was commercial waste disposal on the Hollow Road Industrial Estate. My timings for the walk from sugar beet may be out! Maps and me don't go together!

It's something that Nicola spoke about (I think either forces tv docu or look east interview) that she was disappointed about that the police hadn't followed up once there was nothing on cctv. After all we know that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Can we clear this phone ping thing up please? I am going out for a couple of hours and by the time I come back I'd like to see a lovely succinct post with a listing of all the information we have been given by the police and family, quotes and all.

(feel like I've just asked my kids to tidy their rooms)

ca2778d8ac98c3c56d18d08ceba21f57.png
62b823acbc979de554b6eb6e38e060e8.png

To be fair, looking at the place,net of these bins (and possibly the cars also) I would have thought that the bins would have needed to have been wheeled a few dozen feet to the bin lorry. The uneven floor if there is some, may very well dislodge the phone from the bin lid. A heavy bin would warrant it to be pushed so the operator would more than likely be facing the lid. He would more than likely have seen it in that case. A lighter bin would probably have been pulled. I would have thought with both hands initially to get the momentum going.
Based on that either way, I'm going for the 'phone not on the bin lid', 'phone not in the bin', 'Corrie not in the bin'.
That just leaves the 'Corrie in the cab' possibility if we're all considering the bin lorry option.

I think another step by step poll may be necessary. Who did the last one?

I agree with all that in terms of unintentionally but i cannot rule out him binning his own phone. In terms of awol/suicide binning the phone is a big possibilty (although not necessary)

I hope they are allowed to search these military areas. I've got alarm bells going off...
They are quite well used, the RAF Regiment do lots of training there. It is a large area with buildings etc but I would think not that easy to hide out without being found.

I don't know for sure how easy access would be for UK forces (military or police) to search the USAF bases, though I'm fairly sure because the UK lease the land to the US, the British have the same rights as if a search a of U.K. military installation was required. If that makes sense?
What I do know for sure is that, as I've mentioned before, if you are US personnel, even with a "guest", getting on and off both Lakenheath & Mildenhall is very "easy". Car searches are not regularly or consistently carried out; security really isn't that tight which always concerned me a lot when I was there
I think CMC is talking about Stanta rather than the US bases.

Can I have the direct link to the specific page on the website? My head might explode if I don't check it out haha

I have posted it a second ttime but here it is again www.findcorrie.co.uk we all know this website. I have to manually type in the link but I have clicked it myself and it works.
Edit - it is the first page the website goes to. Let me know if any of you cannot find it.

I did consider the phone being deliberately thrown into the back of the bin lorry whilst the driver wasn't looking at one stage - but dismissed it - not sure that's even possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon