UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The phone times on the website www.findcorrie.co.uk are stated as follows
3.24 a.m. to around 4.30 a.m. Police trace mobile phone fron BSE to BM and Mildenhall area, timings of the phone movements match that of a bin lorry. Bin lorry is seized phone is not found.

So the bin man didn't see corrie but did see the teenagers at 4.20 so how can the bin lorry match these times. It isn't
possible imo.

Shire, I think you're possibly getting confused about the phone times.

Corrie was last seen on CCTV at 0324 NOT his phone.
His phone left the BSE mast area at 0430 which means that he'd most probably left the centre of BSE. I notice that there is an EE micro mast a few hundred yards away from the 'Horseshoe' area so use that as a centre point, work outwards 3-5kms and intersect with the roads (I'm working on the A1101 theory) and that should give you an approximate 0430 location.
Meanwhile at 0420, the bin lorry driver has witnessed three teenagers at the back of Cornwalk/Shortbrackland. They have since come forward so that's been corroborated.
At 0500 (0458), Corrie's phone enters the BM mast area. The BM mast is located very near to the BM roundabout.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also @Polo, just to clarify something in my mind... when Corrie first went missing and it was ascertained his phone might have been in the bin, it was suggested (by Nicola, amongst others) that perhaps he'd put his phone down on the bin and forgotten it, the phone had then somehow slid into the bin.

Viable?

I wouldn't say 'in the bin'. I would say 'on the bin' though. I've studied the exact bin near to me and a Matt black phone case on a Matt black grooved plastic bin lid in a poorly lit area is hard to spot.
Additionally, my calls and messages have never been responded to either.

I wouldn't say 'in the bin'. I would say 'on the bin' though. I've studied the exact bin near to me and a Matt black phone case on a Matt black grooved plastic bin lid in a poorly lit area is hard to spot.
Additionally, my calls and messages have never been responded to either.

I haven't studied the bin tipping mechanism, but from what you've seen could a phone have slipped off the lid and into the lorry?

And I didn't know you had left messages, have you reported something important?

Just a heads up to those here that like to look on Google Streetview. Most of the places of interest in this case have been updated to September 2016. Of course the one street not included is Short Brackland!

It is possible but then why meet in the horseshoe area? Why not pick him up outside Hughes?

Like I've said before a pre-arranged pickup specifically in the horseshoe is probably the most awkward place there is in Bury for a car to get to. I could believe he made his way there knowing a car of someone he knew was already parked up in the horseshoe or down Short Brackland to get a lift with?

I have edited my post to add some more info. Also we don't actually know where he was picked up but the person may have been parked in that loading area all evening or the other area previously mentioned. If corrie left in a vehicle it had to be from somewhere. It is just a suggestion.

<modsnip>

Also, IMO I don't think for a minute that it's possible for a phone to slip in a bin if the lid is down.

Shire, I think you're possibly getting confused about the phone times.

Corrie was last seen on CCTV at 0324 NOT his phone.
His phone left the BSE mast area at 0430 which means that he'd most probably left the centre of BSE. I notice that there is an EE micro mast a few hundred yards away from the 'Horseshoe' area so use that as a centre point, work outwards 3-5kms and intersect with the roads (I'm working on the A1101 theory) and that should give you an approximate 0430 location.
Meanwhile at 0420, the bin lorry driver has witnessed three teenagers at the back of Cornwalk/Shortbrackland. They have since come forward so that's been corroborated.
At 0500 (0458), Corrie's phone enters the BM mast area. The BM mast is located very near to the BM roundabout.

Hope this helps.

I am not confused. I have looked on the website last night and just now and provided the link and the wording. Go and have a look this is what it says and I also previously given a media source also. I have asked you several times for your source but you continue with not providing it. If you have no souce then say it is your opinion but don't keep dissing my sources thank you.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Also, IMO I don't think for a minute that it's possible for a phone to slip in a bin if the lid is down.

I was thinking more if it slipped in when it was hooked onto the back of the lorry and raised, but I suppose it's more likely it went straight from lid to lorry. It does seem like it's one thing the police and both sides of the family agree on - the phone was most likely on that bin wagon and is now under tonnes of rubbish.

I don't know if anyone has noticed by the streetview of Brentgovel Street has been updated to sept 16 ! Maybe some of the other roads are also going to update in the next few days to give a more current view of private/ council cctv etc.

Short Brackland /Canon street and Looms Lane still last year bust most other roads nearby are now Sep 2016!

I was thinking more if it slipped in when it was hooked onto the back of the lorry and raised, but I suppose it's more likely it went straight from lid to lorry. It does seem like it's one thing the police and both sides of the family agree on - the phone was most likely on that bin wagon and is now under tonnes of rubbish.

Also, don't forget the lorry driver is supposed to lift the lid and check for people sleeping rough - although he might have forgotten. Would this have dislodged any phone - don't know.

I haven't studied the bin tipping mechanism, but from what you've seen could a phone have slipped off the lid and into the lorry?

And I didn't know you had left messages, have you reported something important?

The phone could very well have been lifted whilst sitting on the bin lid and dumped into the bin lorry IMHO. It only takes a preoccupied operator who's in a rush and a darkened environment with a grooved bin lid to miss it.

<modsnip>

I am not confused. I have looked on the website last night and just now and provided the link and the wording. Go and have a look this is what it says and I also previously given a media source also. I have asked you several times for your source but you continue with not providing it. If you have no souce then say it is your opinion but don't keep dissing my sources thank you.
<modsnip>

We've read/heard several different versions of the phone timings. I don't know which, if any , can be taken as definitive. But if it's in black-and-white from a proper source, then even if it differs from another source, we've just got to live with that.

It is possible but then why meet in the horseshoe area? Why not pick him up outside Hughes?

Like I've said before a pre-arranged pickup specifically in the horseshoe is probably the most awkward place there is in Bury for a car to get to. I could believe he made his way there knowing a car of someone he knew was already parked up in the horseshoe or down Short Brackland to get a lift with?
Also the band playing that night seem to play regularly in the Grapes and given the recent knowledge of his liking for " singing with the band "
he may well have known them from previous occasions. JMO

b0c166079e462812ec1e6b3d1924dc35.jpg

With the confusion about times and whether his friends were around or not (I believe not) then I want to pose some other questions. Corrie was in that doorway some time and the blurred out figures were friends of the band as answered in the faq on the website (probably smokers). They would have seen him in that doorway, possibly checked on him and he may even have had a lift from someone watching the band or supporting the band. The two cars parked near Hughes could have been to do with the band. My son is a musician and singer and he parks as close as possible to the venue. Corrie could have arranged a lift part way back to mildenhall with someone at that gig in the grapes. We know several people checked on him in that doorway. The police must have checked this out surely. JMO.

The quote below from the East Anglian Daily Times containing the interview with the doorman who last spoke to Corrie at Flex Nightclub certainly indicates he was alone at the club - and that was unusual:

He said Corrie had been a regular in the club and always came in with friends previously, but was on his own that night. “He was a nice bloke and very polite,” he said. “He never caused any trouble before. He enjoyed his weekends out but never caused any trouble.”

We've read/heard several different versions of the phone timings. I don't know which, if any , can be taken as definitive. But if it's in black-and-white from a proper source, then even if it differs from another source, we've just got to live with that.
I agree but midsummer has not, to my knowledge provided a source, despite me asking many times very politely and as per the rules they should not keep being quoted without a source. These are the rules aren't they?

Amongst the footage of that night, is any of it time stamped?
I know the more mainstream showings are likely to have had it edited out if there is a ploy to mislead but if it wasn't edited from source when released, maybe it's possible that one report may have come out with the original stamp on? Maybe?
Though I'd have to wonder why? What's the advantage to misleading people?
This is what the police said in their 27th September statement: "Corrie McKeague was last seen in Brentgovel Street in Bury St Edmunds at around 3.20am on Saturday morning, 24 September, and has not been seen or been in contact with anyone since"
Interesting to note though is that in the same statement the police say "From CCTV in Bury St Edmunds it is believed he briefly slept in a doorway before getting up and moving away – possibly with the aim of walking home several miles away"
To me, briefly seems a strange way to describe a 2 hour sleep. What else happened in that doorway I wonder?

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

I take some of the MSM with a pinch of salt including some of the timings published. I think its poor reporting, not an attempt to mislead. I mean, Corrie is a pilot in at least one newspaper!

And the full cctv of him at Hughes has not been released. Sat in doirway fir about 2 hours, yes. Ate food, played with his phone, approached by at least one person, not so much if a 2-hour sleep.

It almost feels like Corrie was being a bit manic that night, he's certainly made himself noticeable about town and I'm surprised so few people have publicly said they saw him. You'd think we'd be finding lots of "I saw him that night, he was hammered / funny / annoying".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon