UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we even know if his friends said he was lost in the confusion. Nicola said it as per above comment. What if the norm is Corrie getting soo drunk he becomes the annoying loud person who risks all of them getting in a fight or kicked out. Its amusing for awhile but then if your having to look after the passed out drunk. Boring. <modsnip> If he was infact crying in the doorway maybe the realisation his behaviour isn't soo normal or cute has struck him. Don't forget they all had phones !

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Not to be the thread police but the family have said more than once that there was no crying in the doorway, unless there's a link I think we need to make sure we don't allow someone's speculation to become fact

I remember reading that Corrie left the base late because he had to sort his puppy out and it seemed he was hoping to meet his friends in Bury. But there seem to be no reports that they were in Bury at all. Confused...

It's hard to guess whether the silence of the friends is at the instruction of the RAF or because they weren't there but unless Nicola is lying for some reason I'd say the former

That was odd right from the start, I can't think of a reason why everyone was allowed to believe CCTV1 was the final CCTV for quite a number of days IIRC and I think it was only corrected because of social media postings which made it clear that it couldn't have been the 3.24am footage

JMO

I'd say it defo can't be the 0324 footage.
eeed1cc6f9095af875ef56c2a0aa82c9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With the confusion about times and whether his friends were around or not (I believe not) then I want to pose some other questions. Corrie was in that doorway some time and the blurred out figures were friends of the band as answered in the faq on the website (probably smokers). They would have seen him in that doorway, possibly checked on him and he may even have had a lift from someone watching the band or supporting the band. The two cars parked near Hughes could have been to do with the band. My son is a musician and singer and he parks as close as possible to the venue. Corrie could have arranged a lift part way back to mildenhall with someone at that gig in the grapes. We know several people checked on him in that doorway. The police must have checked this out surely. JMO.

Great work Polo. Was there any indication this site is being used for textile/clothes recycling or a drop off / pick up from charity clothes shop. I'm just wondering if Corrie could have got hold a change of clothes on the spur of the moment. Perhaps tracksuit bottoms and hoodie over his existing clothes.

I didn't see any evidence of this, but it wouldn't be difficult to hide anything if pre-planned.

With the confusion about times and whether his friends were around or not (I believe not) then I want to pose some other questions. Corrie was in that doorway some time and the blurred out figures were friends of the band as answered in the faq on the website (probably smokers). They would have seen him in that doorway, possibly checked on him and he may even have had a lift from someone watching the band or supporting the band. The two cars parked near Hughes could have been to do with the band. My son is a musician and singer and he parks as close as possible to the venue. Corrie could have arranged a lift part way back to mildenhall with someone at that gig in the grapes. We know several people checked on him in that doorway. The police must have checked this out surely. JMO.

The only issue would be that the Grapes was just shutting up shop (~01:30?) at the time Corrie walked past and made himself comfortable in the Hughes doorway until 03:24?

Can't see anyone waiting for two hours to give him a lift?

I find this whole situation very sad and feel sorry for Corrie if it does transpire that he was not as happy in the RAF as it first appeared. If he has been pretending that all is well for a long time then it is not surprising if he decided to walk out of his life. Reading all the comments here I do wonder if been ostracised by his mates could have caused mental health issues or if Corries behaviour due to the onset of mental illness meant the lads gave him a wide berth.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The phone times on the website www.findcorrie.co.uk are stated as follows
3.24 a.m. to around 4.30 a.m. Police trace mobile phone fron BSE to BM and Mildenhall area, timings of the phone movements match that of a bin lorry. Bin lorry is seized phone is not found.

So the bin man didn't see corrie but did see the teenagers at 4.20 so how can the bin lorry match these times. It isn't
possible imo.

The only issue would be that the Grapes was just shutting up shop (~01:30?) at the time Corrie walked past and made himself comfortable in the Hughes doorway until 03:24?

Can't see anyone waiting for two hours to give him a lift?

I think it closes later on Fridays and Saturdays but they could have arranged the lift, then gone elsewhere after the gig for food or whatever and met or picked him up later.
Edit just checked and early threads state locals confirmed 3 o'clock closing at weekends. Also website states free wifi so may have been a popular spot for corrie to check and use his SM and explains an additional reason for choosing that doorway in the first place.

Also @Polo, just to clarify something in my mind... when Corrie first went missing and it was ascertained his phone might have been in the bin, it was suggested (by Nicola, amongst others) that perhaps he'd put his phone down on the bin and forgotten it, the phone had then somehow slid into the bin.

Viable?

I do hope if Corrie is found during this search that it's not his family that make the discovery. :(

In my experience, in a case like this where the person has been missing for so long, his family and close friends will have been strongly advised to not take part in the actual search.
They'll likely have been encouraged to be present on the 'edge' of the search if they wish,eg to stay with the vehicles, help with briefing searchers, deal with any admin tasks and so on but not to be involved directly.
To reitierate though, I don't know for sure if that's the guidance family has been given in the search arrangements for Corrie.

I do hope if Corrie is found during this search that it's not his family that make the discovery. :(

Me too.

On another note I am glad Corrie was wearing light/bright clothing, anything pink or white will stand out a mile in a forest.

Tony Wringe stated in the Forces Documentary that he didn't think Corrie was still alive, but this maybe wasn't what Nicola (Nic was what he said I think) thought. In every interview I have seen that she has given, she has remained outwardly positive that her son could still be alive and held somewhere against his will. In her interview on BBC she said that one of the first things that they were doing with the crowdfunding money was to employ someone to trawl through all the comments on social media. She didn't say PI but that may have been deliberate so that she wouldn't be drawn into who, why, what, questions. Manning the phones through the night was the other. I do find it interesting that she has organised this search and she is stating there will be other searches, which leads me to think, she doesn't think deep down that he is alive if they have no information, no intelligence to the contrary. Like any mother you hope and you would stay hopeful that he is still alive until you find him. JMO

Me too.

On another note I am glad Corrie was wearing light/bright clothing, anything pink or white will stand out a mile in a forest.

Yes, unfortunately there will have been a lot of leaf fall since he disappeared though.

I think it closes later on Fridays and Saturdays but they could have arranged the lift, then gone elsewhere after the gig for food or whatever and met or picked him up later.

It is possible but then why meet in the horseshoe area? Why not pick him up outside Hughes?

Like I've said before a pre-arranged pickup specifically in the horseshoe is probably the most awkward place there is in Bury for a car to get to. I could believe he made his way there knowing a car of someone he knew was already parked up in the horseshoe or down Short Brackland to get a lift with?

Yes, unfortunately there will have been a lot of leaf fall since he disappeared though.

From google:
One of Britain's newer woodlands, Thetford was created by the Forestry Commission in 1922 as a commercial forest. Thousands of Scots Pines were planted, together with some Corsican Pines and a few broadleaf trees to provide fast growing softwood.

I'm hoping that means needles rather than inches of leaves.

EDIT google images of Thetford Forest in winter. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t...366&bih=613#tbm=isch&q=thetford+forest+winter . The good news is it looks like the foliage is mostly higher up in the trees so hopefully visibility will be clear enough. That said, they should also be mindful to look up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member