UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's obviously a reason why Corrie declined a lift home, then leaves and goes the opposite way his car is.

The Grapes pub closes at 2am on a Friday, does it fit in the time line that he was waiting for someone to come out of there at closing time? Possibly someone who was with other people and couldn't be seen with him so Corrie decided to wait down the road? Then fell asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if the lads have found out that he's on a dating site or on Grindr and set up a false account to Honeytrap him and then driven him towards BM/Mildenhall and booted him out for a laugh?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd strongly suggest that you guys check out YouTube. Type in the relevant information and it's surprising what comes up when the name 'Corrie' is inserted. It gives an insight into his personality. I think it's important, as we may be able to form an opinion (NOT JUDGMENT) of Corrie and his possible intentions that night.
Have a look and see what you think?

Wow a whole new perspective

Watching more of Corrie's YouTube videos, I not only get a sense of someone very outgoing, but also rather ADHD.

Wow a whole new perspective

I saw those videos some time ago and think they are just an innocent teenager with his mate making silly videos and singing along to some favourite songs. and saying on one video "is this working". It was just a laugh like singing with a hairbrush in front of a mirror years ago.

Ten threads and we are no further forward.
Initially the police had only the bare facts to go on; Corrie noticed missing on Monday, car still where he left it Friday night, no contact with his family. They must have thought it merited opening an investigation but would it have been handled differently if he had not been in the military?
Their enquiries would have turned up the same scenario we are looking at now - that evening out was solitary and odd. They may not be able to question serving forces personnel in the same way as civilians, they possibly would have to liaise with senior officers at Honington and we don't know where any questioning took place. The answers they got may well have been influenced by whether it was a formal interview or an informal chat.
I wonder whether they suspected AWOL, or a beasting gone wrong or involvement with USAF after the phone pings became known, which would be a diplomatic headache. I doubt they would have discussed these suspicions with the family.
The bin lorry lead proved fruitless and the CCTV doesn't tell them much, other than Corrie was alive and well at 3.24 (ish) on Saturday 24th in the Horseshoe.

The other thing that is missing is MSM interviews with workmates, which is understandable as the RAF are not going to want their airmen plastered all over the news. I suspect this is also the reason we haven't heard what his colleagues movements were that night. So the papers have resorted to interviews with the staff of places he visited, who are unlikely to be able to add much.

His mum and uncle have seen this as unsatisfactory and launched their own campaign to find him but are hampered by the lack of solid facts. I don't think they are deliberately blurring the timeline, it may be that the police cannot risk telling them anything that they would prefer not to be made public.

The outcome is that if foul play has occurred, this lack of information is working in the perpetrator's favour.

Watching more of Corrie's YouTube videos, I not only get a sense of someone very outgoing, but also rather ADHD.
I have just had a look too. He definately likes the camera. On the one hand these appears to simply portray an outgoing and happy person. On the other this type of personality is often a cover for lack of confidence and self-esteem. OTT for some people to tolerate I would say.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if the lads have found out that he's on a dating site or on Grindr and set up a false account to Honeytrap him and then driven him towards BM/Mildenhall and booted him out for a laugh?

Yeah about as funny as being shrinkwrapped to a pallet and slung beneath a helicopter to go round the airfield a couple of times ?

Yeah about as funny as being shrinkwrapped to a pallet and slung beneath a helicopter to go round the airfield a couple of times ?
Jeez I hope non of these could happen.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Oh ok I thought that they found something else. No they were mostly 3 years old a 19/20 year old Corrie doing music.ly style vids looked like boredom passing time fun. My daughter makes hundreds of them! Do not jump to sexuality conclusions remember his colleagues will be mainly men, I saw nothing unusual there!

Oh ok I thought that they found something else. No they were mostly 3 years old a 19/20 year old Corrie doing music.ly style vids looked like boredom passing time fun. My daughter makes hundreds of them! Do not jump to sexuality conclusions remember his colleagues will be mainly men, I saw nothing unusual there!
Totally agree Terious.

Just had a thought ... as you do.

IF Corrie has gone AWOL (I am not in the camp that believes that but..) maybe he has seen all the footage about himself and it has almost made it impossible for him to re appear?

In the same way if he was injured/killed by someone maybe all the footage makes it harder for them to come forward, not easier? Say if he was accidently knocked over, and the driver panicked. But now he knows more about Corrie as a person. He knows who loved him, who he was and just how many people are willing to help find him. That would put a LOT of pressure on someone who may have done this accidentally? I wonder if it might be willing to ask people in the area if anyone ones personality/mental state has changed since Corries disappearance? I would like to think that if an accident did occur that they would be eaten up by what happened..

Just thinking out loud on to the screen...

I seriously think it is time for the RAF and the mates to break the silence.

Again, thinking about the WHOLE thing logically...
If we're beginning to accept the theory that Corrie left in a 'vehicle' it has to be by default one of three options:

A car.
If it's a car then it surely would have been noticed somewhere on CCTV leaving the town or picked up on ANPR cameras regardless of speed and could be owned by anyone above the age of 18. Incidentally, the slow travelling speed of the phone could be an indication of avoiding speed cameras AND an ignorant understanding of ANPR cameras?
A van.
Same as above but more than likely having three seats (standard configuration for a transit style van).
A bicycle.
Not only would it have been picked up on CCTV somewhere, it would have been noticed by nearly everyone he passed. It would have stuck out like a sore thumb with no lights on it for a start, never mind a drunk bloke with white trousers and a pink shirt wobbling his way to BM. A cycle in my mind is highly unlikely. Besides, who leaves a bicycle unlocked and with the lights still attached?

Then we have to consider unwilling, semi willing or willing:
UNWILLING.
If Corrie was unwilling to get into a car then that would surely mean a driver AND at least one other to subdue him whilst they got to their destination (BM/Mildenhall?). I'd suggest more than likely three people. One to drive and two to subdue. That's four people in total. That rules out the van as he would need to be physically knocked out and thrown in the back to make good an escape. It would would attract attention and cause it to be levelled at the incident and we've heard nothing about an altercation in the Horseshoe area as of yet.
SEMI WILLING
If we consider Corrie is semi-willing we can presume that he was coerced into the vehicle after a short discussion. Why have a short discussion? I would suggest he was 'risk assessing' in the subdued lighting and checking out the person before getting into the vehicle. Eventually coming to terms with his actions so to speak. This again could be just a driver, male or female.
WILLING
That leaves us with willing. If Corrie is willing then we can presume he gets into a vehicle with his consent with absolutely no issues. He's more than likely spoken to them at length in the past by text or phone call to gauge their personality and traits. A blind date if you like. We know from our investigations so far that he's a risk taker. He sails close to the edge. He's not scared to go forward or confront.
Could we reconsider the van option? We could, but surely it would be noticed more so for the same reasons we mentioned before? It would only need one person.....the driver. This could be a ideal 'hookup' situation.

I'm unsure of a conclusive speculative answer just yet but I feel sure that it wasn't Miss Green with the lead pipe in the library. I'm feel sure that it was at least one person (driver) and a car (not a van). I get the feeling that some previous correspondence has taken place via Grindr, Whatsapp etc and an image has been exchanged suggesting military. It's been seized upon by the recipient and a date has been set up as a 'last turkey in the shop' scenario by Corrie.

My apologies for offloading my bulk thoughts.
JMO

Just had a thought ... as you do.

IF Corrie has gone AWOL (I am not in the camp that believes that but..) maybe he has seen all the footage about himself and it has almost made it impossible for him to re appear?

In the same way if he was injured/killed by someone maybe all the footage makes it harder for them to come forward, not easier? Say if he was accidently knocked over, and the driver panicked. But now he knows more about Corrie as a person. He knows who loved him, who he was and just how many people are willing to help find him. That would put a LOT of pressure on someone who may have done this accidentally? I wonder if it might be willing to ask people in the area if anyone ones personality/mental state has changed since Corries disappearance? I would like to think that if an accident did occur that they would be eaten up by what happened..

Just thinking out loud on to the screen...

I wasn't in the AWOL camp either but I too, feel, that if he didn't make work on Monday and was just feeling rubbish, low, or mixed up in his head, and took time out, as the days passed, with all the statements from family, saying he wouldn't leave his puppy, he wouldn't go AWOL etc etc, and the snowballing of social media, it would be pretty daunting coming back, but his mother has stated in many interviews, if anyone can come back from something like this, and with a story, it would be Corrie. Although I am in the not alive viewpoint we are wanting him to come back and be okay. That is the preferred outcome .Now that would be limelight!

How do I filter out coronation street!!!

hah! good luck with that MissT

ETA observation regarding comments on Corrie's appearance etc.

I think older people tend to see him as particularly out there/OTT, dressing flamboyantly, looking/acting effeminate etc.

The younger people continue to say things along the lines of.... wearing pink isn't that unusual, many young guys post snapchats, instas, youtube vids etc. performing, a normal 20-something

It is starting to sound an awful lot like that. Approaching tables in bars trying to make friends with strangers, talking to everyone in bars whether he knew them or not, going in to clubs alone etc. It's certainly a different picture to the "night out with friends" it was portrayed as for many weeks.

If anything it's starting to seem like Corrie was a bit ostracised from the group and was being that annoying person who shows up when they know they aren't really welcome.

I've been thinking this for some time. Someone on the last (?) thread described Corrie as a Tigger and that seems to be a fair assessment based on what we've been told about his behaviour and personality. And Tigger-types can be bloody irritating and exhausting to be around.

I do wonder whether Corrie's flamboyance, coupled with the then-recent reports of possible attempts to abduct military men, may have been perceived by his "mates" as something of a liability if they were trying not to draw attention to themselves.

hah! good luck with that MissT

ETA observation regarding comments on Corrie's appearance etc.

I think older people tend to see him as particularly out there/OTT, dressing flamboyantly, looking/acting effeminate etc.

The younger people continue to say things along the lines of.... wearing pink isn't that unusual, many young guys post snapchats, instas, youtube vids etc. performing, a normal 20-something

I'm in my 50s, but dressing like Corrie in a pink shirt, white jeans (or chinos), etc, would not have been considered unusual in a straight night club round my way in the period 1986-1991, before the Grunge scene swept in. I based a lot of my dress sense back then on Miami Vice and Don Johnson was a cool icon of trendiness with me and my peers. I was in Bury shopping on Tuesday and took some pics around the "Horseshoe". It's such a small area. Having had a close look at the pics at home I'm as baffled as ever. There's a small interview with the Flex bouncer who last spoke to Corrie in the East Anglian Daily Press today. Apart from the fact he was on his own and a bit more inebriated than normal, it seems his behaviour was not indicative of any desire to do anything unusual. He chatted to the bouncer about "general things" before walking off.

He chatted to the bouncer about "general things" before walking off.

Suddenly I was reminded of Katherine Eddowes saying "Goodnight, old *advertiser censored*" to PC Hutt as she is released from Aldgate police station and walks off into the night.

I'm in my 50s, but dressing like Corrie in a pink shirt, white jeans (or chinos), etc, would not have been considered unusual in a straight night club round my way in the period 1986-1991, before the Grunge scene swept in. I based a lot of my dress sense back then on Miami Vice and Don Johnson was a cool icon of trendiness with me and my peers. I was in Bury shopping on Tuesday and took some pics around the "Horseshoe". It's such a small area. Having had a close look at the pics at home I'm as baffled as ever. There's a small interview with the Flex bouncer who last spoke to Corrie in the East Anglian Daily Press today. Apart from the fact he was on his own and a bit more inebriated than normal, it seems his behaviour was not indicative of any desire to do anything unusual. He chatted to the bouncer about "general things" before walking off.

oh yeah, you're right....I'd (almost) forgotten how bad the fashion was in the 80s!! :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli