UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done a charity walk 3 times - once 22 miles, twice 42 miles and each time were covered well within the time limit the searchers had today. Obviously they were having to be especially vigilant but definitely doable.

Scrap that. It was 50 square miles.

Well done CotswoldEmmie, you did a wonderful thing today. I was really sad to see the photo of Nicola searching, no mother should have to do that.

Well done CotswoldEmmie, you did a wonderful thing today. I was really sad to see the photo of Nicola searching, no mother should have to do that.

Thank you for your kind words.
Having heard Nicola speaking with individual volunteers and making a short speech after the searches and then speaking with me, she comes across as a very humble lady, who is incredibly grateful for all the support, compassion and generosity the public have shown towards herself, her family and the ongoing search for Corrie.
It choked me up hearing her very gently thanking people for helping to find her son.

Thank you for your kind words.
Having heard Nicola speaking with individual volunteers and making a short speech after the searches and then speaking with me, she comes across as a very humble lady, who is incredibly grateful for all the support, compassion and generosity the public have shown towards herself, her family and the ongoing search for Corrie.
It choked me up hearing her very gently thanking people for helping to find her son.

Any mention as to when the next search will be? I hope they keep going with this momentum.

Any mention as to when the next search will be? I hope they keep going with this momentum.

I think at the end of the day we can speculate all we like but I'm mindful of the fact that she's a mother who is likely to have to come to terms with the loss of a son at some point. I hope I'm wrong and he is safe somewhere instead.

I would think it is very difficult. We are talking about a forest the ground would be covered in bracken, brambles, thistles, leaves, saplings etc all needing to be moved aside to search I imagine. Even if it is simple roadside verges there are culverts and ditches and stuff. All needing searching and poking through. Its no country stroll I'm sure. Back breaking and at a creeping pace. They are all volunteers too.

As I said, I'm not saying it's what they would have done today, obviously today's search would depend on what you are looking for and the terrain. My comment was in reply to Scorpions statement that even the whole British Army couldn't search 50^2 miles in a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's clarification here from SULSAR about the area covered in today's search.

I mentioned earlier that I was confused by various quotes (in the media, not here at WS) about square miles . Seems like more shoddy reporting is responsible !

Andy King is the Chairman of SULSAR and he said that he would guess the amount of ground covered today is closer to 5 square miles rather than 50.

https://www.facebook.com/sulsar/posts/1362030177192302

Thanks for coming back to share your thoughts about the search today, cotswoldemmie. I'm so sad that the family is still no further forward, hopefully something will come to light soon.
Having read through the last few pages, has anyone reported the mobile that was up for sale as that seemed potentially important?
Also can someone point me to the image that appears to be Corrie with a man? I'm not sure which one is being referred to.

Thanks for coming back to share your thoughts about the search today, cotswoldemmie. I'm so sad that the family is still no further forward, hopefully something will come to light soon.
Having read through the last few pages, has anyone reported the mobile that was up for sale as that seemed potentially important?
Also can someone point me to the image that appears to be Corrie with a man? I'm not sure which one is being referred to.

On Suffolk police website it's the 3.26 cctv image of two people walking to the right of the screen.

in my mind we are all thinking in to this to much, we have no evidence or reason to believe that corrie has come to any harm whatsoever , so all we have is a missing person, if he has gone missing on his own accord then we should be trying to find clues ware he might be now,

On Suffolk police website it's the 3.26 cctv image of two people walking to the right of the screen.
Thanks for that dc. I agree with others who say it looks like a woman. The figure seems too slight to be Corrie?

Thanks for that dc. I agree with others who say it looks like a woman. The figure seems too slight to be Corrie?
I agree it looks female for sure, short too (or too short to be him)

in my mind we are all thinking in to this to much, we have no evidence or reason to believe that corrie has come to any harm whatsoever , so all we have is a missing person, if he has gone missing on his own accord then we should be trying to find clues ware he might be now,

Thinking in to this too much? Are you serious?! I think a lad who comes from a loving close family that suddenly goes missing after a night out, leaving no footprint behind and isn't sighted anywhere in 12 weeks is a pretty damn good reason to assume he's come to harm. I'd like to think if I suddenly disappeared that my loved ones would know I'd not just gone AWOL... wouldn't you? Assuming he's come to harm is by no way 'thinking in to it too much', it's pretty obvious to me. I know we are all entitled to our opinion but saying people that don't go with your ideas are thinking too much into it is ridiculous.

we have all been around and around the loading bay and the bin lorry more times then I can count , and we are no more forward then we were 10 weeks ago, so I would suggest that we all put that to rest and move on to new ground , some ware like fife corries old stomping ground that he still went back to regularly might be a good start, what was corries nights out like and what is normal , I'm up for doing a bit of investigation and see what he was like back home, would like to know if it fits in with bse , sleeping , drinking, and going of on his own, !!!

In the early days Tony made an appeal to Corrie if he was AWOL. Since then, the family believe that Corrie wouldn't put them through this. The Police are keeping an open mind, or they were, and looking at all avenues, unless this has changed. There has been some excellent sleuthing here and for me, my personal thoughts don't come into it. All areas can be looked at and many areas have been. AWOL has been discussed here and looked at but probably not taken to the same sleuthing as other areas (for want of a better terminology). As someone who thought he couldn't be AWOL as how could he put his family through this pain, I found myself today thinking about how you could avoid this and block it out. He is still classed as a Missing Person that we know of. Outside of the phone pings and his last sighting and the searches we are speculating all areas without information. The interview with the RAF Commander for me was hopeful that his friends in the RAF would see him again and of course this is the preferred outcome for all. I did consider AWOL as a not pre planned AWOL, where it was too difficult to come back from. All avenues of investigation are open if there is no information to the contrary is my view. JMO
I did vote last time that he wasn't alive, and I haven't changed my mind as yet, but as I said many areas have been discussed here and in different groupings at times too. If you search the thread tools it will bring up previous posts and discussions on AWOL.

even if AWOL is not 1st on the list then It would in my mind be 2nd , ware might he be , who did he know etc, ware did he travel to within the last couple of months etc, let's try and get a time line going from say July until he went missing , IMO it would be more use then any bin lorry or phone,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member