UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She did say didn't she that about AWOL that the family, police and RAF do not believe he's gone AWOL as he just wouldn't do that. Bless Nicola, she just wants to bring him home whatever the circumstances might be - I get that, I don't think I would do anything different to be honest!
at first the the family were so sure that he was taken, that seams to be out the question now after the raf statement and the family have replaced the word taken with missing, he wouldn't go AWOL as he just wouldn't do that, but dose anyone know what corrie would do and would be capable of doing if he put his mind to it, he has been living away from home for three years , can anyone be sure 100% what a family member might be doing miles away, !

So many people are positive it's a hookup gone wrong and mentioning Grindr, there are other sites and apps, and he could have been meeting up for something other than sex, we don't know so it's all just possibilities.

We don't even know that there was any kind of pre-planned meeting. It's just inferences at this point.

You're right, I'm wondering if I saw a different post on a different site, it appears trouser swapping is common!

In any case I still don't believe that's Corrie on the 3.26am cctv

Amazing what you learn!

I personally think it's unlikely to be Corrie, given that his mother has ruled that out. Having said that, its compelling that another person who looked so similar is in the same area at the same time.

I sometimes wonder if Corrie could have left the horseshoe on foot and then re-entered it a few minutes later - perhaps with someone, or to meet someone, or to look for his phone - and left later by car.

I'd say that's not entirely clear from reading the news link. It mentions 50 square miles, yesterday I heard the search area planned was 40 square miles, so who knows?

How far away from the Bury sugar beet factory is the area that was searched today, does anyone know? I'm crap with these maps but wondering if it is close?

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes regards today's search.
It was well organised and very well manned. The SULSAR guys really were brilliant.
We wrapped it up at around 3.15 due to fading light but our group did get a really good area of ground searched and eliminated from the enquiry.
It was foggy, cold, wet & hard going. My ankles are sore, my head hurts from concentrating on scouring the ground for 6 hours and my heart leapt in my chest every time I saw something pale on the ground or when the team leader shouted "line stop" but I would do it again in a heartbeat, no hesitation.
Thank you again

It was well organised and very well manned. The SULSAR guys really were brilliant.
We wrapped it up at around 3.15 due to fading light but our group did get a really good area of ground searched and eliminated from the enquiry.
It was foggy, cold, wet & hard going. My ankles are sore, my head hurts from concentrating on scouring the ground for 6 hours and my heart leapt in my chest every time I saw something pale on the ground or when the team leader shouted "line stop" but I would do it again in a heartbeat, no hesitation.
Thank you again

Amazing, cotswoldemmie. Can't think of many more important things a person could be doing.

Thank you again

Thank you for being so brave and going along.

Thank you again

Well done you, it's gutting it didn't find anything but it's one lot of grounds covered. I hear sulsar are happy it was searched correctly so a good job done

Does anyone know how large the radius of the BM phone mast is and how long would it take to search it all?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Thank you again
Huge respect and well done, feet up time. Wm left you a message a few pages back, as he was going out tonight.

Does anyone know how large the radius of the BM phone mast is and how long would it take to search it all?

it would cover a massive area bm , mildenhal and about half a dozen villages , more like a two month search,

A online calculator suggests 28.2 square miles for a 3 mile radius? If they got anywhere close to 50 square miles today...

I think the issue is he could have gone to bm/mildenhall then left there alive, attempted to walk home after his phone and died and could be outside the mast range? All that searching (and obviously not the residential homes or bases) could be illogical

A online calculator suggests 28.2 square miles for a 3 mile radius? If they got anywhere close to 50 square miles today...
50sq miles in one day , ware you getting this from , even the entire British army could not do search 50sq miles in one day, they only had around 60 people max and only out for about 7 hours !

50sq miles in one day , ware you getting this from , even the entire British army could not do search 50sq miles in one day, they only had around 60 people max and only out for about 7 hours !

The BBC article. I thought it was quite unlikely but that is what is claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tootsieroll215