UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
‘We will keep searching until we find my son’ says Corrie McKeague’s mother after first public search scours five square miles of rural Suffolk

The search for Corrie Mckeague continues in the Suffolk countryside near Bury St Edmunds.

The mother of missing RAF Honington team medic Corrie McKeague has thanked the public for their support after their first search found no trace of the Scottish serviceman.<<

Nearly 80 people, including search and rescue charities, scoured a large area between RAF Honington and Barton Mills yesterday (December 18).

Corrie&#8217;s mother, Nicola Urquhart, said there were three locations which will be searched by cadaver dogs to rule them out completely, but she does not believe Corrie is anywhere in the five square miles they searched on Saturday.

more here....http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/we_will_..._five_square_miles_of_rural_suffolk_1_4820941

That wouldn't really make sense though since the store is only a few hundred metres from where he was last seen. Why would you get a lift for that distance instead of just walking it?

Thinking back to my previous post: if there was an abduction attempt by stealth, I wonder if Corrie could have lost his phone in a struggle in the abductor's vehicle? If the abductor was a local man the phone might have remained within the area of the BM mast until the battery died. Later, the abductor finds the phone in his vehicle and disposes of it.

Meanwhile Corrie is trying to find his way home through the forest without his phone, so no compass app and no GPS to guide him, and comes a cropper.
I guess he could have got out at the A1101 (is that a roundabout) and he walked while the vehicle and phone headed to BM.

Reading this about King's Forest concerned me a little. I don't know the area, but surely areas such as these wouldn't be accessible to the public?

http://suffoc.co.uk/resources/area/kings-forest

The King's Forest

A vast and very actively managed Forestry Commission coniferous plantation to the NW of Bury St Edmunds, originally mapped nearly 30 years ago in conjunction with CUOC.
It contains typical East Anglia coniferous blocks dispersed with deciduous wind breaks, scattered with deep disused sand and marl pits.

After a long period when access was denied an area about 18 sq km has been mapped in total. The whole of the area to the west of the B1106 has now been mapped and provides about four areas that can be used to stage events. An additional area to the east of the B1106 has been mapped and used - and is likely to be extended in the future.

Reading this about King's Forest concerned me a little. I don't know the area, but surely areas such as these wouldn't be accessible to the public?

The King's Forest

A vast and very actively managed Forestry Commission coniferous plantation to the NW of Bury St Edmunds, originally mapped nearly 30 years ago in conjunction with CUOC.
It contains typical East Anglia coniferous blocks dispersed with deciduous wind breaks, scattered with deep disused sand and marl pits.

After a long period when access was denied an area about 18 sq km has been mapped in total. The whole of the area to the west of the B1106 has now been mapped and provides about four areas that can be used to stage events. An additional area to the east of the B1106 has been mapped and used - and is likely to be extended in the future.
Have a look on trip advisor comments for King's forest. I posted previously about someone getting lost in daylight and sober.

Huge respect and well done, feet up time. Wm left you a message a few pages back, as he was going out tonight.

Just for the record, I'm a she lol but you wouldn't have thought that the way I was sinking the pints last night lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes regards today's search.
It was well organised and very well manned. The SULSAR guys really were brilliant.
We wrapped it up at around 3.15 due to fading light but our group did get a really good area of ground searched and eliminated from the enquiry.
It was foggy, cold, wet & hard going. My ankles are sore, my head hurts from concentrating on scouring the ground for 6 hours and my heart leapt in my chest every time I saw something pale on the ground or when the team leader shouted "line stop" but I would do it again in a heartbeat, no hesitation.
Thank you again

Fantastic job emmie, hope you're well rested by this point

Morning all, I was "out out" last night and tried to post a message here at 2am about how it's Christmas and how sad for Corrie's family, luckily I didn't hit send but there was a bit of "love you guys" going on haha!!

:loveyou:

I'm a bit blurry to read back, have I missed anything?!

Hahaha! Funnily enough I was out out last night too and talking to friends about this forum and the members with comments along the same lines [emoji23]

The King's Forest

Oh that's worrying about the sand/marl pits.
I raised concerns about active or disused quarries in this area on a thread a few weeks ago when I asked for any local information about the quarry at Cavenham. Cavenham is nearby.
My concern wasn't specifically about the active one, but I know from experience in my area that where there's an active quarry there are usually a few disused ones also.

Have a look on trip advisor comments for King's forest. I posted previously about someone getting lost in daylight and sober.

Thanks yes I did read the Tripadvisor site too. I can appreciate people getting lost in such an area - especially in the dark - but my link states "Scattered with deep disused sand and marl pits" so I was concerned these might be accessible?

Thanks yes I did read the Tripadvisor site too. I can appreciate people getting lost in such an area - especially in the dark - but my link states "Scattered with deep disused sand and marl pits" so I was concerned these might be accessible?
Don't know specifics in this area but they are often land or water filled once disused and public footpaths and bridleways run around them so would guess these are similar. Girlfromuk may know as she lives close.

Can only suppose it cancels out another area where he could be. Very sad.
===========

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38351756

Corrie Mckeague search in forest for signs of missing airman

The search group scoured the forest for evidence of missing airman Corrie Mckeague

A group of 60 volunteers and family and friends of a missing airman have scoured a forest looking for evidence he could have been hit by a vehicle.

Corrie McKeague's mother Nicola Urquart used public donations to hire Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue to provide expertise on the search of 50 square miles (130 sq km) of land.

No evidence was found in the search but the campaign will continue, she said.

BBM. Interesting that the use of donated funds is contradicted in this article today:

"The Suffolk Lowland Rescue Team, is run as a charity and they offered their services to Corrie's family for free."

ETA Actually, I see the BBC article has been updated too (including details of the size of the search area!):

"Corrie Mckeague's mother Nicola Urquhart asked Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue to provide expertise on the search of about five square miles (13 sq km) of land."

BBM. Interesting that the use of donated funds is contradicted in this article today:

"The Suffolk Lowland Rescue Team, is run as a charity and they offered their services to Corrie's family for free."

ETA Actually, I see the BBC article has been updated too:

"Corrie Mckeague's mother Nicola Urquhart asked Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue to provide expertise on the search of about five square miles (13 sq km) of land."

Yes I saw that. Looks like the BBC messed up their reports completely and have now correct the misinformation.. Should I delete?

Yes I saw that. Looks like the BBC messed up their reports completely and have now correct the misinformation.. Should I delete?
Bit the service is actually free, that bit is true ? Yes ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Now we've established we all love each other and our trousers..

It would make sense if he hitched a lift and left his phone in the car. Why that person wouldn't come forward though I don't know. Perhaps the person doesn't realise the phone is in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895