UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't defend the local journalism haha

However the wording is interesting. Instead of not saying what they were looking for they've said it's in connection with a missing man. What missing men are out there currently aside from Corrie?

None that I've heard of tbh

I had a look on the north Norfolk page, some footage there, definately a lot of vehicles and police about.

Is the normal protocol for finding a body? I'd say maybe someone has just gone missing maybe in the sea but says police are in sheringham also? Could this be more trying to find a criminal? Odd to link such a search to a missing man.

Edited to remove mistake

I had a look on the north Norfolk page, some footage there, definately a lot of vehicles and police about.

Is the normal protocol for finding a body? I'd say maybe someone has just gone missing maybe in the sea but says police are in sheringham also? Could this be more trying to find a criminal? Odd to link such a search to a missing man.

The countrywide search also makes me think perhaps there is a link as there's no other missing persons case in the east currently to link to a countrywide search to a missing man except Corrie

The article actually states county-wide - "A police sergeant on the scene confirmed they were searching for a missing man as part of a county-wide operation" - though the quoted FB comment on the article refers to countrywide.

The article actually states county-wide - "A police sergeant on the scene confirmed they were searching for a missing man as part of a county-wide operation" - though the quoted FB comment on the article refers to countrywide.

Good spot!

As unlikely as it may seem to be connected I do think the case will stay as if until he's found to be honest. If we get a resolution I imagine it will be much like this, an article.

There is a man missing in my area (I am Norfolk so would be county wide) I saw posters today. Could be related to that also

I can't defend the local journalism haha

However the wording is interesting. Instead of not saying what they were looking for they've said it's in connection with a missing man. What missing men are out there currently aside from Corrie?

There are 100's of missing men nationwide but I've just checked www.missingpeople.org and there were 38 men reported missing in the last month. None in East Anglia however.

Mind you, I still can't find Corrie on there either.

"We are hearing unconfirmed reports this evening that police have found the person they were looking for, it was not Corrie McKeague, and they are “leaving him to his own devices”."

Will edit to add link

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/corrie_link_to_police_search_for_missing_man_in_cromer_1_4820985

Would there be such a level of urgency over that other chap thiugh? Lots of cops out on a Sunday night would indicate a murder enquiry. I wonder did someone see the search yesterday on the news and finally made a phone call.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Would there be such a level of urgency over that other chap thiugh? Lots of cops out on a Sunday night would indicate a murder enquiry. I wonder did someone see the search yesterday on the news and finally made a phone call.

To be honest I've no idea. Depends on the vulnerability?

"We are hearing unconfirmed reports this evening that police have found the person they were looking for, it was not Corrie McKeague, and they are “leaving him to his own devices”."

Will edit to add link

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/corrie_link_to_police_search_for_missing_man_in_cromer_1_4820985
Left him to his own devices. That's a strange thing to say after sending a load of police in? I've never heard that before. Perhaps thats what the police say when a missing person doesn't want to be found. We may not get to know publicly who that was. Cromer is only about 60 miles from Honington right? Nice seaside town. Lots of caravans and B&Bs. My parents loved going there and having the local speciality Cromer crab. Never been there myself but nice place to hide out I would think IMO.

Also, if it was Corrie, do you think they would tell us? If it wasn't a missing person at all, just someone who looked like Corrie and they overreacted, do you think they would tell us either? If he is found alive I don't know how they would break the news TBH.

I'm unsure really. It's an odd situation to have all that police and coastguard to find the bloke and say he's okay and left him there! Perhaps speculation they thought he was in trouble and he wasn't?

Feel bad that corries name was attached through speculation but the police really should have just not said it was in regards to a missing person, that was poor form TBH

I must say I'm surprised at eadt , their reporting has been decent until now.

Also, if it was Corrie, do you think they would tell us? If it wasn't a missing person at all, just someone who looked like Corrie and they overreacted, do you think they would tell us either? If he is found alive I don't know how they would break the news TBH.

If Corrie is found alive, I suppose a public statement would be made in liaison with the family. I'm thinking like I've seen on TV after court cases; sometimes it's the police who speak on the outcome, sometimes family, sometimes a legal eagle or 'spokesperson' for the family.

For any other case, they dont need to say anything. However, I suppose they can couch it in non-committal terms (this is not linked to any other misding person cases in Suffolk) or just say straight that it's not linked to Corrie. IMO bit unfair on other people and their families that media are linking everything to Corrie.

I'm unsure really. It's an odd situation to have all that police and coastguard to find the bloke and say he's okay and left him there! Perhaps speculation they thought he was in trouble and he wasn't?

Feel bad that corries name was attached through speculation but the police really should have just not said it was in regards to a missing person, that was poor form TBH
Could it be this guy? Skegness isn't that far away. http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/w...-missing-man/story-29988738-detail/story.html

But if there is all that activity and the police don't say missing person, the speculation will be a dead body.

Maybe if the guy was on a pier or cliff path, coastguard was there for potential rescue rather than having been searching.

I didn't get to read the link I'm afraid, but what does strike me about these other missing person cases is how quickly they are found. It makes me feel even more convinced that Corrie is probably AWOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drumgirl29