UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has gone AWOL (which will be the best outcome) I just don't understand how he can be able to leave his family in such a sad situation. I really don't think he would.

Rotates 5 positions every 3 mins I think so the position showing him going in, it would not be back in that position till 3.27 giving him plenty of time to get past cornhill still camera or across to SB to a car or leave H/S by vehicle seen or unseen.

The only question mark over this for me now is how does the running man footage fit in with a fixed 5 position preset? Unless by blind luck it moved to the horseshoe position at exactly the time he ran past?

It was just supposed to be an example how in my opinion while it's been alluded to that louelle is a reason for not wanting to leave Corrie made irresponsible choices in selfishly purchasing a dog opposed to getting one for the right reasons (again in my opinion)

Equally I lived with a man once who loved his dog, she was his only true companion but he consistently went out night after night getting his alcohol fix and left her to it, all alone and defecating everywhere.( For anyone interested or concerned the man was my uncle, he has serious alcohol and mental health issues. I contacted another uncle of mine to take and rehome the dog and she now is healthy and has a lovely life.)

All I'm getting at really is that loving a dog doesn't mean you wouldn't leave it behind, more so when you've gotten it selfishly. To me it contradicts louelle being his beloved dog.

Again all my own opinion.

As for the assumptions of a good life or not family issues, you can't really make those assumptions when you're not a family member. I wouldn't expect anyone to outwardly expose their personal affairs.

I'm with you

I can't copy it over. Just watched it, slow viewing on mine anyway, but there. It's on thread 10, BBC Look East search. Was broadcast 12 December and the link I found in discussion is dated around 15December.

And it's the one where they go round BSE at night on a Friday/Saturday talking to people in the pubs etc? That's the one I was thinking of. Was Nicola interviewed in the studio too? I may be mixed up on that bit. I couldnt' get your link to work.

[video=youtube;PtdiCxi9NLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtdiCxi9NLk#action=share[/video]

Sorry, I completely forgot to note who it was originally posted by, and I've closed the other window now :-/

This is the one. Thank you! I thought I was going mad. :happydance:

If he has gone AWOL (which will be the best outcome) I just don't understand how he can be able to leave his family in such a sad situation. I really don't think he would.

No, nor me. I think an AWOL situation is highly unlikely.

I think some people get some sort of thrill from an awol conspiracy theory.

I've never believed for a moment Corrie has chosen to go missing.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
What a strange thing to think. I think some people get a thrill thinking other people get some sort of thrill. And how exactly is awol a conspiracy theory, I would love to know your theory?

So you think they have deliberately issued the worst images and they have better ones available . I think these are the best they have and often all they have. The guy on the bike will prob only be seen from the rear once he turns the corner by the grapes and side view only from Mama mias camera IMO.

It may well be that they are the best images they have but I'm just weighing up the probabilities and given the the location of the bikes travel (it rode around Cornhill too) it must have come into "range" of at least 5 or 6 council cameras alone (leaving aside any shop cameras). So I would be amazed if none of these other cameras managed to get a closer front-on shot between them than the distant shot released.

We'll probably never get an answer...

The only question mark over this for me now is how does the running man footage fit in with a fixed 5 position preset? Unless by blind luck it moved to the horseshoe position at exactly the time he ran past?
that was explained by marky I think and it was something like manual operator spotting him and following/zooming or automatic hence a bit of delay. Blind luck could have come in to it as well if the operator was just taking a swig of coffee when the guy charged thru. This is from memory and I cannot be arsed to trawl back thru the threads sorry so it is JMO.

So you think they have deliberately issued the worst images and they have better ones available . I think these are the best they have and often all they have. The guy on the bike will prob only be seen from the rear once he turns the corner by the grapes and side view only from Mama mias camera IMO.

This is an interesting discussion.

Following on from what TTWO suggested about the police only wanting the person themselves to come forward. Some thoughts on that.
We have pretty strict data protection and privacy laws here, and there are some complex regulations around cctv. Many of those regulations are applicable to the police.

Most of the time when the police give us a clear image of someone on cctv, eg on Crimewatch or similar, it's because the person captured in the image is either the victim of a crime and therefore known, OR they're someone the police are very keen to talk to. ie the police believe that the person has 'a lot of information' about the crime.

In the images we've seen, nobody except Corrie is easily identifiable.
Imagine if someone was recognisable to the general public in these stills.
In some quarters the pitch forks are being drawn and you and I really wouldn't want our image splashed across social media, especially in this particular case, if we were innocently going about our business in BSE that Saturday morning.
The police have probably tried to stay within the law around data protection and also tried to protect the people in those stills from vigilante type attacks.
Makes sense given that from what we're being told by the police, there is no evidence of any crime having been committed.
So perhaps the police have selected images for public release that wouldn't make the person identifiable to strangers, but where someone may hopefully recognise themself and come forward.

IF these images are the best they have, well that opens a whole different can of worms doesn't it? :thinking:
MOO

I just slowed the video down to .25 speed and it looked like the last thing Corrie did as he went off camera was to look left towards McD's. He also looked down towards the Cornhill Centre or the road down there as he turned to go right instead of straight on, then as he emerges from behind the tree he looks right, another step or two and looks left just as he goes out of shot.

I don't know what to think. I hope Corrie's out there somewhere and he's okay, but I feel for his family who are left fearing the worst and not knowing if they'll ever know.

I just slowed the video down to .25 speed and it looked like the last thing Corrie did as he went off camera was to look left towards McD's. He also looked down towards the Cornhill Centre or the road down there as he turned to go right instead of straight on, then as he emerges from behind the tree he looks right, another step or two and looks left just as he goes out of shot.

I don't know what to think. I hope Corrie's out there somewhere and he's okay, but I feel for his family who are left fearing the worst and not knowing if they'll ever know.

I've noticed that left look too.
I love flowers but that bloody hanging basket/planter on the post in that shot is a nuisance, it cuts off where we could see where else Corrie is looking.

I do feel desperately sorry for his family and friends. I held out an irrational hope that somehow Corrie would turn up at Christmas .it was just me being silly, but of course he hasn't turned up and now...well it's possible he may never be found. Or not found for years.

If you don't want anyone to know you've gone awol but rather missing then you would plan it to look like missing.
He did a lot to get noticed that night. Was acting drunk in the club, sang with the band, bought lots of food, played Rock Paper Scissors with a stranger.

Leaving the dog, the car, are also ways of making awol look like missing. Somebody has helped perhaps by meeting up with some clothes and cash.
We don't know he was having a good life.
We only know what we have been told by the family.

But you could achieve the same by just leaving your car somewhere and disappearing into the night.

How do you explain the intimate knowledge of the BSE CCTV network he would have needed to make sure he was seen when he wanted to be and unseen when required?

Given that going AWOL constitutes as a warrant being issued for your arrest - something that anyone could have for a while without knowing until they get pulled over for speeding - versus going missing, involving nationwide coverage, police searches and a social media campaign led by your family - hardly the logical choice of someone who just wanted some time away.

What about the lack of money? The chance that you may never have contact with your mother again (she's a police officer so would be in a difficult position if she had contact with Corrie when he was known to be AWOL), the fact you can't get a job, talk to your friends, leave the country, go to the doctors etc

The evidence just isn't there to support the AWOL theory. It would be the most elaborate and unnecessary move ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes the most simple explanation is the correct one.

There is no evidence to suggest he was ever parted from his phone, not even circumstantial. Therefore we must assume that his phone movements echoed his own.

Therefore, he has ended up in that bin lorry somehow - easiest explanation for that is that he slept in the cardboard bin.

Again I reckon he has been hanging around waiting to sober up so he could drive his car back to base. Of all the available places he could have slept for a while, the cardboard bin was probably the best for comfort/warmth etc.

The above theory would be in line with the following things that we know are true:-

He hung around and knocked back other lifts
He bought large amounts of food (common trick to sober up quickly)
He was seen entering the bin area but not leaving
His phone was tracked on the same route as the bin lorry, same speed as well
His phone was not found when the bin lorry was manually emptied and sorted

I reckon he has been inside the bin lorry en-route to Barton Hills and then somehow left the truck before it reached the depot. The bin lorry was checked, but what area? Cab only? He most likely was in skip part.

A few scenarios.........

He has jumped out in a panic and injured himself
He has jumped out and wandered aimlessly not having his bearings and died in the forrest
Jumped out at the lights and perhaps startled the lorry driver, possible fight ensued? (Hypothetical only)
Wandered into the woods and committed suicide
Jumped out, walked home on dark road and been hit by a car

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

Sometimes the most simple explanation is the correct one.

There is no evidence to suggest he was ever parted from his phone, not even circumstantial. Therefore we must assume that his phone movements echoed his own.

Therefore, he has ended up in that bin lorry somehow - easiest explanation for that is that he slept in the cardboard bin.

Again I reckon he has been hanging around waiting to sober up so he could drive his car back to base. Of all the available places he could have slept for a while, the cardboard bin was probably the best for comfort/warmth etc.

The above theory would be in line with the following things that we know are true:-

He hung around and knocked back other lifts
He bought large amounts of food (common trick to sober up quickly)
He was seen entering the bin area but not leaving
His phone was tracked on the same route as the bin lorry, same speed as well
His phone was not found when the bin lorry was manually emptied and sorted

I reckon he has been inside the bin lorry en-route to Barton Hills and then somehow left the truck before it reached the depot. The bin lorry was checked, but what area? Cab only? He most likely was in skip part.

A few scenarios.........

He has jumped out in a panic and injured himself
He has jumped out and wandered aimlessly not having his bearings and died in the forrest
Jumped out at the lights and perhaps startled the lorry driver, possible fight ensued? (Hypothetical only)
Wandered into the woods and committed suicide
Jumped out, walked home on dark road and been hit by a car

Excellent post here, Thank You. He could have jumped out of the lorry at any point and left his phone in there, meaning he was in a strange area with no means of contact, causing him to wander about and get in a tricky situation. Also, good point about food to sober up, i've done it many times myself! x

Excellent post here, Thank You. He could have jumped out of the lorry at any point and left his phone in there, meaning he was in a strange area with no means of contact, causing him to wander about and get in a tricky situation. Also, good point about food to sober up, i've done it many times myself! x
Yes, but his phone was not found in the bin lorry (remember it gets manually sorted when at the depot)

Of course a lowly paid refuse worker could have found it and sold it on, but I would discount this as by now that person would have came forward, given the gravity of the situation.

My guess is that when he gets found, they will find his mobile still on him, but out of battery (smartphones are notorious for running out of battery, especially on lengthy nights out etc).

I'm getting a bit confused between threads and may have missed this if it's already been posted, but this MSM link means we can discuss about the car and petrol rag? Seems to have been ruled out by the police.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-RAF-man-admits-social-hand-grenade.html

"A police spokeswoman told MailOnline: 'Around 1.25pm on 25 September a member of the public called police saying that they had seen three men acting suspiciously near a vehicle parked in a layby at Blo Norton, near Diss.
he three had driven off in the vehicle. The member of the public said they had then found a rag that had smelt of petrol in the layby and that they thought they may have been trying to set light to the vehicle. Details of the vehicle were taken.'
'Checks were made and, at this time, there is nothing to link this to the enquiry, however police are aware and continue to investigate all lines of enquiry as part of the ongoing work being done to trace Corrie.'

<modsnip>

Second edit: I'm caught up enough now to see Melmoth already posted this link yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli