UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I forgot to answer that part of the question.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

This ( distressing footage ) has been debunked by other posters every day for the last week BTW

Helpful for others here though.

I can't tell you the detailed reasons for the rebuttals Coach, as I got used to rolling & scrolling by.

The reason it has been debunked is because when the footage wasn't released, members were wondering why.

One person suggested "possibly because it's too distressing?"

And from there it has morphed into fact that the footage is "too distressing."

That's it.

Unless someone has a link to this "too distressing" claim.

If he had his gps off (I do this) it would save his data allowance.
If he turned his data off none of his apps would work - not even whatsapp.

Plus, I don't like the idea that these apps know where you are all the time, for example, I have trip advisor as an app on my phone, I walk into my local bar and it sends me a notification about the bar I'm in... too close for comfort lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

me too. I do this almost daily for both battery and data reasons.

The reason it has been debunked is because when the footage wasn't released, members were wondering why.

One person suggested "possibly because it's too distressing?"

And from there it has morphed into fact that the footage is "too distressing."

That's it.

Unless someone has a link to this "too distressing" claim.

Thanks. Once I saw it was debunked as unsubtantiated rumour by someone , i just scrolled by the posts on it ever onwards.

Btw folks... spies is starting now on channel 4 - I swear, if I had of seen this advertised I would have applied lol

Der . Over my head.

Interesting though isn't it. Hi tech image mappers, usually military applications.
In news in past for eg. in DTelegraph to give an opinion on whether a factory in Iran was active based on satellite images - so they will be tracking/ wide aerial searches - there's me thinking good old fashioned street intelligence & motive investigation.

Let's hope they can see through walls, roofs and it pays off. The satellite tie ups that they have means they can analyse small changes in the landscape etc.

By tomorrow Midsommers will have phoned them and got the rationale!
was just thinking randomly - we have been able to see that north korea have built massive prison units, just by looking at satellite technology. wonder if this will pinpoint vehicle movment? like track where every single car goes in the middle of the night looking for ones going to out of the way places? then track back to motorway / dual carriageway cctv / vehicle number recognition technology, then work out who left the horseshoe, or any area and work out where they all went. wow did i just say all that? do i understand what i just said? hmmm i think so - hope you guys all see the significance of these possibilities too? :)

I really do think that TW's image could be wrong OR there is a CCTV camera inside McDonalds AND a CCTV camera inside Adnams shop. Adnams shop is 43b as far as I'm aware? Anybody clarify please. If my image is wrong I need to delete and amend it accordingly ASAP.
JMO

im sure i read somewhere that the mcdonalds camera was not functional at this time. could be wrong but somoene might remember

Helpful for others here though.

I can't tell you the detailed reasons for the rebuttals Coach, as I got used to rolling & scrolling by.

No rebuttals as far as I'm aware? I've noticed that I'm not seeing certain posts or posters comments just recently. :/

was just thinking randomly - we have been able to see that north korea have built massive prison units just by looking at satellite technology. i wonder if this will pinpoint vehcile movment? like track where every single car goes in the middle of the night and look for ones going to out of the way places? then track back to motorway dual carriageway cctv and vehicle number recognition technology, then work out who left the horseshoe or any area and work out where they all went. wow did i just say all that? do i understand what i just said? hmmm i think so - hope you guys all see the significane of these possibilities too? :)

There's so much info given by the family that I haven't had a chance to do a proper read-up on the company but the video and their blurb shows they have deals with a number of satellite companies and can compare high resolution imagery from both before and after an event .

However I don't know anything at all about who "owns" the sensitive data re private vehicles/how police will liase with this company to allow them to track a number of vehicles around BSE but I can guess who will claim any successful breakthrough ;)

Sincerely though, it is bound to have advantages for speed but I can't comment on any family connections issues as I haven't seen them in MSM yet so didn't bother trying to find out past career histories etc.

I just found cambridges - in a planning document

Walked right into that one being on a sleuthing forum!:shame:

Actually now I think about it, I do believe some towns/city's CCTV systems very similar to BSE's do incorporate ANPR within the cameras.

Still, generally speaking, ANPR camera locations aren't given out as the point of them is to catch the bad guys using cars.

In terms of the new pi company hired I have no real opinion. There tw friends or ex colleagues so they haven't been picked based on what they can bring to the investigation or because they're the best at what they do. Way to keep the money close to your chest springs to mind. I'm not impressed by the choice.
i agree. i am concerned that the investigation will go the path tw and nu decide. i do not think nu is in the best frame of mind for taking such important decisions? i do hope they are not throwing away good money while missing out other avenues that could be investigated. IF what they are doing can trace all the people or cars moving around at that time or any hive of activity at some remote location then great - otherwise, feeling a bit apprehensive about what they might not find out and then the money is gone. i just hope all these people with special skills also have common sense and a good sense of intuition. im not being negative - i just like all angles to be covered and sometimes its not the high tech methods that are most effective

I'm saying this is a guy who is data conscious. Sits in a doorway to pick up WiFi and turns GPS off.
Why then would he have auto update turned on. The auto update is the only way they could track an updating app.
My opinion is that they lost him at 0324 the minute he left Hughes.
This gives up to 86 minutes for his phone to potentially arrive in BM.
Now if the phone was on then it would "goodbye ping" the BSE mast, however if it was turned off and only turned on again at 0450, when inside the BM mast area then we can now factor in the potential that the phone and maybe C were not in the bin lorry at all, but were in a moving vehicle....

Has anybody ever turned a phone off to conserve Battery?

Totally disagree although I understand the sentiment of your post.
Have a look at where Hughes doorway is to the suggested Grapes Wifi origin. That's a mahoooosive footprint even for a pub?! Even if he did have a commercial wifi hotspot presumably he'd need the wifi code/key from the owner (bit of paper or given verbally?).
I think people are confusing Wifi with GPS (not you).

On my Microsoft system iPhone, I have the facility to auto update by default. I can however turn it off as the security Installations just eat away at the memory and cause it to slow down a bit. A bit like security installations do on a computer. Corrie's used the same system (Microsoft) so I would assume the same. I'm guessing that the auto update facility is indeed the only way they were able to track his phone.
Losing him at 0324 at Hughes isn't technically correct IMHO. The CCTV lost him at 0324 at the 'Horseshoe' and his last suggested TX/RT was 0308. I suspect that if they have the phone updating every 20 seconds as they suggest, there's no reason why they can't have monitored CORRIE'S PHONE all the way to its demise in BM/M at approx 0800. I don't believe it was ever turned off from BSE to 0800 at BM/M.
I've rarely turned a phone off to save battery but I have done it though.
JMO

Walked right into that one being on a sleuthing forum!:shame:

Actually now I think about it, I do believe some towns/city's CCTV systems very similar to BSE's do incorporate ANPR within the cameras.

Still, generally speaking, ANPR camera locations aren't given out as the point of them is to catch the bad guys using cars.

Goodness knows TTWO- it's 133 pages worth of bumf downloaded on my desktop here with an appendix full of maps one showing their location .

But in reality they are probably temp ANPRs for a consultation.
( At this speed of a thread-a-day every look-up becomes a bit superficial - it's the nature of this beast - I'm used to dotting the i and crossing the tees as u can on WS when you have s*d-all information for UK cases. A poster could rack up 1000 posts just from this one WS case without even a crim invest begun! )

They may have told the people who robbed him that if they came forwards and told them everything they wouldn't be prosecuted, due to the bigger picture, and that they wouldn't publicly shame them. x
that is a good idea. a man i spoke to said he thought someone had urinated on him thinking this was funny. this guy i know used to work with the homeless and quite often something like this happened when they were sleeping in doorways - including some being set on fire. disgusting behaviour and some people think its funny to bully drunks on the streets

If the collection route was a Greggs contract then the wagon must have collected from the other branch (bins on Higher Baxter). From here the wagon could easily access HS and then drive on, seeing the teenagers.

Could be wrong here but I seem to think that the 'Horseshoe' was the first and only job, then onwards to Barton Mills roundabout direct, no stops...followed by a lift at McDonalds (could be wrong?) and a lift at 'Waitrose' in Mildenhall?
JMR&O

Could be wrong here but I seem to think that the 'Horseshoe' was the first and only job, then onwards to Barton Mills roundabout direct, no stops...followed by a lift at McDonalds (could be wrong?) and a lift at 'Waitrose' in Mildenhall?
JMR&O

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?325961-UK-Corrie-McKeague-23-Bury-St-Edmunds-24-September-2016-13&p=13042746#post13042746

lusijay's transcript of Nicola's Q&A:

"The bin lorry has then left Bury St Edmunds and it has driven direct to barton mills roundabout then Waitrose (supermarket) in Mildenhall and picked up a bin there. The bin man can be seen doing his job as normal on CCTV there. He picks up rubbish and carries on with the rest of his shift. "
IDK if nicola's info is reliable of course

JMR&O

I would find that hard to believe TBH. I always assumed the Horseshoe just happened to be the last pickup (of many) in BSE before moving on to Sainsbury's in Mildenhall?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?325961-UK-Corrie-McKeague-23-Bury-St-Edmunds-24-September-2016-13&p=13042746#post13042746

lusijay's transcript of Nicola's Q&A:

"The bin lorry has then left Bury St Edmunds and it has driven direct to barton mills roundabout then Waitrose (supermarket) in Mildenhall and picked up a bin there. The bin man can be seen doing his job as normal on CCTV there. He picks up rubbish and carries on with the rest of his shift. "
IDK if nicola's info is reliable of course

If there's no Waitrose in Mildenhall Nicola must have just mispoken, not surprising in a live Q & A, I'm sure she meant to say Sainsburys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor