UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please have look at the outstanding cc tv stills and confirm/disregard whether the majority are shots from hughes'so doorway- if they are one and the same camera it is rotating slightly. I can see some of the still share zoomed in and cropped, but look at the poster in the door. If this is the same camera then if CM is leaning against the wall/sheltered part of the doorway, he is not always going to be in shot.

We've ruled out tinder <modsnip> etc cos no gps turned on, we just ruled out landfill and we did rule bin out last night but I can't remember how now? Can someone remind me?
The bin compacts the load, driver checks the bins, before they are loaded on, cameras on lorries, load would have been checked at other end, recycled and baled, to name some of the points in the thread discussion. Pilgrim gave a lot of info.

We've ruled out tinder <modsnip> etc cos no gps turned on?

I might have missed this, but are we sure GPS was turned off? The "find my phone" (Microsoft equivalent) was turned off but that is not the same thing as allowing apps to use your GPS (that's certainly the case with iPhones - does anybody have a Lumia to check?).

Can someone please have look at the outstanding cc tv stills and confirm/disregard whether the majority are shots from hughes'so doorway- if they are one and the same camera it is rotating slightly. I can see some of the still share zoomed in and cropped, but look at the poster in the door. If this is the same camera then if CM is leaning against the wall/sheltered part of the doorway, he is not always going to be in shot.

I thought they were from cornhill camera

I might have missed this, but are we sure GPS was turned off? The "find my phone" (Microsoft equivalent) was turned off but that is not the same thing as allowing apps to use your GPS (that's certainly the case with iPhones - does anybody have a Lumia to check?).

I have an iPhone and I'm unsure I know of anyone with a lumia (I know someone who did have one but unsure if he's upgraded since then, I think he has) anyway, I believe Nicola said the gps was turned off maybe in the q&a

I have my services turned on mostly, if I go on an app it asks me if I want to turn them on to use it. I know many people don't because of battery drainage so it could be turning on when using and off all the other times. I'm unsure how you could tell with data if this was done

Ref the keys and wallet:

Corrie has been living away from home for 3 years. Yes, he's been back to Scotland and family have visted him, but I doubt anyone pays that much attention to keys and wallet. At that stage in my career my family knew what car i drove and that I carried cash and cards. They wouldn't have been able to describe anything.

I thought they were from cornhill camera
It says cornhill, but they are definately from inside a shop with the same outer doorway as hughes. Just wondered if anyone else could confirm their exact location/shop.

<modsnip>

Seems to be evidence he did not go back with other RAF to Honington base often then. So how did he end his nights out normally?

Ref the keys and wallet:

Corrie has been living away from home for 3 years. Yes, he's been back to Scotland and family have visted him, but I doubt anyone pays that much attention to keys and wallet. At that stage in my career my family knew what car i drove and that I carried cash and cards. They wouldn't have been able to describe anything.
I would agree, but he often went out with his brothers and met up with them. When visiting home will have stayed with them and thrown them on the table - given these facts, I'm fairly sure they would know what his wallet and keys look like and if they didn't his mates would.

Hermit made a fab post in the final few pages of thread 12.

It was about assessing types of drunk (Corrie=happy drunk) and body language in the two CCTVs.

I would like to 1) agree with everything said, and 2)add a few more points to it.

In addition to being a 'happy drunk' Corrie hugged two people that night. First was the doorman on flex, who has said that when Corrie arrived at the club he was asked if he was drunk, said "yes, I love you" and hugged the doorman. (I hope that's a reasonably accurate description of what was said).

The second hug was USAF guy in the pizza shop. When they said goodbye, he has also said that Corrie gave him a hug.

So Corrie wasn't just a happy drunk, he was a happy, very friendly, chatty, huggy drunk! And he also liked to do some singing/performing/karaoke type stuff (got up on the stage and sang a song with the singer/guitar guy).

Then Hermit has discussed Corrie's body language in the first CCTV. I'm going to have to paraphrase more here, but as Corrie's turned the corner and the men on the corner outside the grapes are sort of in his way, Corrie's line wobbles a bit, he drops something and bends down to pick it up, and Hermit suggested maybe that's why Corrie decided it's time to sit down and eat his chips. (I have suggested in another post that Corrie may have eaten half his food while he was sitting outside the pizza place chatting with USAF guy, but everyone seems to be in agreement that Corrie's still carrying at least a tray of chips?)

So Corrie's sat down in Hughes doorway to eat his chips...and he's had a lot to drink, a full belly, and he's dozed off.

What is out of character here? Nothing. Everyone who's spoken has said this is all entirely in character for Corrie.

So, I would like to kind of challenge the assumptions that this night was different from any other. In the Q&A Nicola said that though the guys did leave Corrie behind accidentally, when they got to BSE and alighted from the cars they did notice Corrie wasn't with them, so they gave him a call and invited/told him to come and join them. Was Corrie really Friendless Freddy who didn't get on with the rest of the team and they didn't really want him around? If that was the case they didn't have to call him, but they did. The puppy seems to be evidence that the other guys in quarters were quite happy that Corrie had a puppy there (even though Nicola says he wasn't really supposed to have a puppy in his room).

So, again, I would like to challenge/play Devil's Advocate with some of the assumptions that Corrie had no friends, he was depressed to the point of possibly wanting to end it all, or at least enough to go AWOL from his job, his friends of 3-years at Honington, his work hard, play hard 'lifestyle' in the RAF, his brothers, his mum and stepdad, his dad and stepmum and paternal grandparents. Corrie had spent 40 minutes on the phone to one brother that night planning Darroch's visit to BSE the following weekend. Corrie had already got a plane ticket to go visit his grandparents for Halloween.

I don't believe anything happened that night that made Corrie want to run away from everything he had, all his family plus everything he'd worked for for three years. I don't see anything in his behaviour that night to indicate that something has happened recently to make him feel that way and that this drunken night is actually part of his AWOL plan.

Furthermore, and I probably shouldn't tack it on here, but I will.

Corrie didn't pull that night. Corrie's drunk and wobbly, he's past the point of getting off with anyone. When he wakes in the doorway at 3.08 he's not thinking of a hook-up with a stranger...he's still got alcohol in his system, he's eaten two burgers, a kebab, a slice of pizza, a tray of chips. It's gone 3 in the morning and he's feeling the drink and the food and a bit of a chill in the night air. His bum is cold from sitting/laying in the doorway. I don't believe he's looking for a stranger hook-up via an app. His GPS is turned off on his phone, so no one on the other end of one of those apps can see that Corrie is in proximity.

Given all of this, yes Corrie probably went into the horseshoe for a pee. His car is still in town, he is 'probably' wondering what to do for a few hours until he can drive the car back to base. He could be thinking of knocking on a friend's door in town and sleeping on their sofa. Could be another option in his intentions, but I doubt it was to walk back to base, hook-up via an app, commit suicide, or go go AWOL. I think the thing is, what is left (what are his intentions) and what intersects with those intentions to lead to not being seen again for 3 months....

I'm not trying to bash anyone's ideas, but things still seem all over the place in these threads, and we sometimes seem to forget where we've been before, and I think that from the behavioural analysis side, that this is a reasonable wrap-up of what we have learned and can ascertain from what we've seen and been told about Corrie as a person and that night in BSE.

And I just want to put these thoughts, not to change minds, but maybe as part of pulling some things together for some of us, and for further debate and discussion...add to what I've said, challenge me back, whatever.

Great post. I agree entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/12/27/cctv-stills-unidentified-persons-27th-december-2016/

you mean 2, 3, 4 & 5th images?

Hughes doesn't appear to have supporting pillars near it's entrance doors.
Midsummer's helpfully posted more images on thread for ease of reference for members. At the link below:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?325961-UK-Corrie-McKeague-23-Bury-St-Edmunds-24-September-2016-13&p=13044953#post13044953

My hubby has a lumia, it always asks him if he wants to turn on applications for apps.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Are we allowed to mention anything that Nicola says on the page at all?

It says cornhill, but they are definately from inside a shop with the same outer doorway as hughes. Just wondered if anyone else could confirm their exact location/shop.
Maybe Fred Olsen? Had a quick look and it said they are opposite Hughes electrical

They are from the main door of the Cornhill Shopping Centre, we haven't had any cctv from Hughes, I would expect them to have good coverage of their door as they are an electrical retailer.

I have an iPhone and I'm unsure I know of anyone with a lumia (I know someone who did have one but unsure if he's upgraded since then, I think he has) anyway, I believe Nicola said the gps was turned off maybe in the q&a

I have my services turned on mostly, if I go on an app it asks me if I want to turn them on to use it. I know many people don't because of battery drainage so it could be turning on when using and off all the other times. I'm unsure how you could tell with data if this was done

I think Nicola is referring to the "find my phone" type function - she could check this if she had the password, otherwise i'm not sure how anybody would be able to check the separate app settings without the phone.

My hubby has a lumia, it always asks him if he wants to turn on applications for apps.

He had an older Lumia - 435 - but strangely that detail seems to have disapp from the FAQ from FindCorrie page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms