UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She said "his phone left Barton Mills* at 4:25am in the same direction as the bin lorry"

*we assume she meant to say BSE

Exactly my point again Cagney. The pressure on N is immense. She's bound to come up with slips occasionally. There really seems to be too much fog being thrown around this. In this instance (N's mistake?) for BM read BSE....
"His phone left BSE* at 0425 in the same direction as the bin lorry."
JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since Corrie lives in the block and pay a token amount in taxes, mess charges etc. taken as a deduction prior to being paid; whatever he gets in the bank is his to do whatever he wants and is entirely disposable income.

He wont have utility bills, mortgages etc. coming out every month. Unlikely he'll have a gym membership as there is one free for servicemen at Honington. All he'll have are possibly car/phone payment and a Netflix subscription. If he's done a few tours In dusty places he won't even get much chance to spend loads for 6 months at a time.

He might not get as much pay as somebody on civvy street but he will have a far greater percentage of his wage available as disposable income. So he must really blow his cash when he's in the UK if he's shortness at the end of the month and needs to budget between a night out and something else.

During the live web chat, someone asked him mum where his car is now and she said that she has it, she also said that she paid for it so she has it back. He does seem to have 'lived for the moment', maybe he was reckless with money too. His clothes are designer names but he wouldn't have had much living expenses so perhaps he just spent money rapidly instead of saving it. His mum said he was 'skint' so he could have spent the last of his £ that night on the food, in the hope that he would wing it back to base as oppose to paying a taxi fare.

Unless he had GPS on how could they possibly know that? Pings don't give exact location, just a within 5km area.

How could they possibly know that the phone travelled in a certain direction? = App updates and mast signal strengths.
How do the know the phone travelled from A to B?= Mast signal strengths
How do they know the phone hasn't moved after 0800= no other cell has picked up the phones signal yet.
JMO

Ok.. lots to think about.. things that are still bothering me... the wait between 3.08am this is at least when we know he was awake and when he decided to get up and go... screams pre arranged meeting to me .... surprised they didn't check/ keep the camera footage after 4pm too. The camera we last see him on rotates ... there's one pointing the opposite way up that street, do we know if this one rotates? I'm leaning towards leaving in a car willingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes this is mine and Midsummer's point. The calculation is just based on the bin lorry and not on phone pings.

The only constant is a 450 ping within 5km of the BM mast. It so happened that a bin lorry from Bury was in that radius at that time. IMO the two are not related.

The phone gets turned off in Bury and turned on at 0450 in BM.

Have you got a link for the bin lorry taking 28 minutes to do a journey.? Have you got a link for the turning off and on? And a link for the 0450 ping?
I have provided the links for 0430 at BM so we now need the other links I think if we want to set it in stone.

I'm calling turtle dropping on the statement. There are still a number of CCTV footage individuals (6?) that have still to be identified three and a half months on!
JMO

But all the remaining seem unlikely unless you believe it was pre-planned and he changed clothing somehow since none match his description of what he was last seen wearing.

During the live web chat, someone asked him mum where his car is now and she said that she has it, she also said that she paid for it so she has it back. He does seem to have 'lived for the moment', maybe he was reckless with money too. His clothes are designer names but he wouldn't have had much living expenses so perhaps he just spent money rapidly instead of saving it. His mum said he was 'skint' so he could have spent the last of his £ that night on the food, in the hope that he would wing it back to base as oppose to paying a taxi fare.

I was unsure whether she got the car as a gift or she got it because she has better credit and he was paying her to pay for it every month...

He might have been reckless; £19K a year base rate plus the fact he'd been on 2Sqn for 2-3 years would mean he'd likely qualified for extra parachute pay is a lot of cash to get through.

How could they possibly know that the phone travelled in a certain direction? = App updates and mast signal strengths.
How do the know the phone travelled from A to B?= Mast signal strengths
How do they know the phone hasn't moved after 0800= no other cell has picked up the phones signal yet.
JMO

Some masts give directional information.

Re: Corrie spending all his wages and being skint.

We know he was "skint" but that's subjective. What's his idea of skint compared to what our ideas of skint are?

He may have had £150 left over and could class that as skint.

He he also recently purchased a puppy. That in itself would be a few hundred, if not a grand. Then there's vet bills possible pet insurance etc

Plus he recently had a birthday so would have spent a few quid on a night out then probably. Could have just been a short month.

I was unsure whether she got the car as a gift or she got it because she has better credit and he was paying her to pay for it every month...

He might have been reckless; £19K a year base rate plus the fact he'd been on 2Sqn for 2-3 years would mean he'd likely qualified for extra parachute pay is a lot of cash to get through.

Hi smiff.
What do you reckon, roughly his take home pay would have been eg. per month?
Have been wondering about his finances for a while in relation to the lifestyle he may have aspired to. ( Car I just assumed was leased)

IDKnow if you are Forces, but can you imagine that he was also bored and lonely at Honington?

apols if this is a repeat - I am reading "backwards" -now I've posted I see a cross post with Diamba.
PS Diamba that's a cross- breed so 3 figures not 4.

Exactly my point again Cagney. The pressure on N is immense. She's bound to come up with slips occasionally. There really seems to be too much fog being thrown around this. In this instance (N's mistake?) for BM read BSE....
"His phone left BSE* at 0425 in the same direction as the bin lorry."
JMO

N has now said this twice and the police have always said 0430 at BM/Mildenhall so did they mispeak too? Changing these times without any links just to fit the bin lorry travel times is just misleading IMO and so I do not follow or agree the reasoning at all. If LE say 0430 mildenhall that's what I go with. If the bin lorry didn't get there till 0450 then its another reason to dismiss the bin completely, otherwise why is there a difference with the LE quoted time, which was from the phone data?

But all the remaining seem unlikely unless you believe it was pre-planned and he changed clothing somehow since none match his description of what he was last seen wearing.
I agree and I think N would recognise her own son, even in disguise carrying a guitar or skateboard. I know I would.(recognise my own son that is, not C).

I just saw Nicola on the news in a short recorded piece speaking about the company they have hired. She was talking about the company using algorithms & collating social media before passing it to the police. I didn't hear any mention of satellite imagery etc.

has any time ever been given for the car driving down the wrong way?
I wonder if that was before the bin lorry arrived or after!
No times given yet just a window of 0300-0500 a.m. with bin lorry leaving approx 0424. As the beginning time of 0300 is provided then there must be a good likelihood one or more of the vehicles were already there before C entered, a very good point made by James (hi james) naughty step King, otherwise beginning time would be 0325. Any thoughts Scorpio?

Hi smiff.
Have been wondering about his finances for a while in relation to the lifestyle he may have aspired to. ( Car I just assumed was leased)

IDKnow if you are Forces, but can you imagine that he was also bored and lonely at Honington?

apols if this is a repeat - I am reading "backwards" -now I've posted I see a cross post with Diamba.

I've no idea nowadays; though 10 years ago you'd get around 80% of your wage in the bank each month after the deductions for mess bills etc. On top of his base rate, parachute pay wouldn't be much but it would get a few pints every night.

Again; I don't know about nowadays but 2Sqn accommodation used to be on a smaller satellite camp of Honington (not the main station itself) which would be boring. The main station had bars, cinema etc so things to do. Guess it depends how easily bored he got.

Ok.. lots to think about.. things that are still bothering me... the wait between 3.08am this is at least when we know he was awake and when he decided to get up and go... screams pre arranged meeting to me .... surprised they didn't check/ keep the camera footage after 4pm too. The camera we last see him on rotates ... there's one pointing the opposite way up that street, do we know if this one rotates? I'm leaning towards leaving in a car willingly.

Agree, Diane. I keep pondering the time bw 3.08 (last text) and 3.24 (leaving doorway?). It seems unlikely he would've fallen back asleep so I've discounted suggestions of mugging for phone etc. Even given the time of night, I'm sure he would've received several messages/notifications in the 2 hours he was asleep. Young peoples' phones never seem to stop. Is it not logical that he spent these minutes reading & responding to messages on his apps? Possibly arranging/confirming a meet? I understand the phone company can't access these but its seems inconceivable that the app owners can't make the information available to those that need it.
Feel very unsure about the phone - I am leaning towards he dropped it and it was thrown into bin lorry by someone who picked it up and decided it wasn't worth having (possible but not that likely?) OR Corrie left with his phone having spent some time in a vehicle that was in the HS area prior to him arriving (more likely perhaps?)
This is my first post so go easy on me guys n gals! I have been following your threads for ages though and am super impressed with your skills :)

Hi smiff.

£19k would be £1300 to £1400/month take home. His car was bought (and owned/registered?) by mum I think I read?

I keep pondering the time bw 3.08 (last text) and 3.24 (leaving doorway?). It seems unlikely he would've fallen back asleep so I've discounted suggestions of mugging for phone etc. Even given the time of night, I'm sure he would've received several messages/notifications in the 2 hours he was asleep. Young peoples' phones never seem to stop. Is it not logical that he spent these minutes reading & responding to messages on his apps? Possibly arranging/confirming a meet?

I recall N saying that Corrie then spent some time 'playing' on his phone. Doing what on it, who knows!

I honestly think that this is being lost in translation and untruths through miseducation by the press releases. Who would in their right mind would state '28 minutes' or 'only the speed of a vehicle' or 'phone App updates tracked the phones movements towards' unless they weren't worked out beforehand?

The 'in between phone pings' stuff and 'mast radii' followed by 'air density transmissions' is slowing down a really simple equation in my honest opinion. 28 mins is from BSE central to BM roundabout. There are masts at those locations. You can't get a better signal strength than than. The guy was practically stood under the mast at 0308 (100 yards from it?)
Granted this topic is heated and I genuinely and honestly welcome more debate on it. It's really important in my mind. We seem to have very few people who can nail this down. It's the difference between Corrie's phone being dumped in the bin lorry potentially suggesting robbery or intentional AWOL...or staying on him and Misadventure caused by drowning, accident or murder by third party involvement.
It's that important to me as I'm sure it is others.

Never leave a body on the field and all that shizzle! Let's bring the lad back!

Catching up on this morning's posts.
Yes BIB ,wholeheartedly agree. When I woke at 3, I thought "great they have resolved this", shame that I spoke too soon. Scratch the fireworks emojis!

I can't help any of you with it,( that's my OH's bag and I'm not muddying the comms techie waters by contributing to this topic) but it really is vital.

Look through the enhanced images I posted previously. They've been lightened and NOT manipulated. I'm not saying it is Corrie but the similarities are quite strong.
b02da0c195136cfe8f63992cc9a15fc8.jpg
92ee33ce388d7b458c0d717c73463e72.jpg

Last image reversed for reference purposes only.
06639e3182edbf5600fbbaa6d558aca9.jpg

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics