UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right, as initially it was stressed that he went into the HS and couldnt have left without being seen. It was supposedly as simple as that, but now it is being said that he could have left whilst the camera was on a rotation, and gone down to another loading bay, so this makes me wonder if there were cameras that HAD important footage in the time frame where everyone thought he was in the HS, but so much time has passed that the data will have been overwritten :( You don't have long with CCTV, my home system will keep 2 weeks worth, and in my experience, business systems tend to keep maybe 3 weeks if you're lucky. x

I can't remember the exact date but Police did 'seize' 1100 hours of CCTV which I work out to be 24 hours of footage from each of 45 cameras. There is a lot of permutations though.

I think you are right, as initially it was stressed that he went into the HS and couldnt have left without being seen. It was supposedly as simple as that, but now it is being said that he could have left whilst the camera was on a rotation, and gone down to another loading bay, so this makes me wonder if there were cameras that HAD important footage in the time frame where everyone thought he was in the HS, but so much time has passed that the data will have been overwritten :( You don't have long with CCTV, my home system will keep 2 weeks worth, and in my experience, business systems tend to keep maybe 3 weeks if you're lucky. x

I think they got it wrong. They should run more tests. I bet he walked right through that area or never entered it. It is apparent if N is saying lorry picked up the bin at 4:20 and new reports have the cell phone in BM at 4:30, and last ping of the phone in BSE supposedly was at 4 am, there is lots of dubious info out there. Seems like the police should do a proper timeline, and release it. If they want the locals to search their memories, it would be best to help them focus when. At this point, there is no criminal case to protect. They should just lay it all out there.

Are you asking for my own opinion? The bin lorry has created a lot of publicity, which is great for a missing person, how many missing adults have created such huge public interest. I'm not even sure I believe there was a bin lorry. I think it was a way of giving the police time to trace the other vehicles, and let the driver of the important vehicle believe they had got away undetected.

My question was more rhetorical, but your opinion is interesting. I hope you are right. Might be giving them too much credit though.

Walking and not being seen on CCTV is Impossible.

I am not telling you you have to go along with that ...

I don't, and recent posts make me think others are of the same persuasion. I think Nicola also doubts this "fact". I think it is possible to get at least to the end of Short Brackland without being seen, which opens up a worrying number of possibilities.

If the sighting of the man in light colored clothing is correct near the beet factory on Hollow road, I think it was said, that would be consistent with someone walking towards Honington from the area Corrie was last seen. If he was planning to walk up the A143 or if he planned to cut across open country. Someone could have given him a lift a little closer. Maybe he left the phone in that car, and it travelled on to BM. Or maybe Corrie did stop for a bathroom break and left his phone on top of the bin. A driver who does the same thing over and over again, might not notice a phone on top of the bin. I did notice on a photo on google earth one of the red biffa bins had a black top. Not sure what the actual bin that day looked like. The phone not being with him is the weakest link in the "he just decided to walk home, but died along the way theory."

I don't, and recent posts make me think others are of the same persuasion. I think Nicola also doubts this "fact". I think it is possible to get at least to the end of Short Brackland without being seen, which opens up a worrying number of possibilities.

These are the cameras that are halfway down Short Brackland, just passed the other bin store.

398632e5b78205517e0ae57c9b5953b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blueazman - yes I've seen those cams but they are best in context with the whole video but afraid I am unable to post here.

IMO the outcome will probably be a simple one.
This is a guy who can take care of himself, has been in far worse situations than being drunk and lack of sleep (I.e military training exercises, posts abroad etc.) He is not your average joe in this sense.

It doesn't make sense to me that someone like this could become a victim of a crime without there being evidence, or someone hearing or seeing something.

I think he's gone awol. If I'm wrong, I think the other potential outcome would be that he somehow managed to leave BSE without being seen, walked cross country and sadly succumbed to something as simple as heart failure, or a bang on the head from a fall.

The only 'flaw' I can see in your theory is that they couldn't be sure that the phone wouldn't have been found during the sorting process at the recycling depot (as indeed it should have been) thereby leaving evidence of the last place Corrie was. Why wouldn't they just turn the phone off and remove it with Corrie.
You are right - the phone movement is the part of this theory that is hard to explain. Can't really see the need to bin it. The other explanation would be that the bin lorry driver found the phone and took it but I'm not keen on this.

None of the facts regarding vehicles, timings, CCTV or phone pings correlate though. And that's why we're on thread #14! Don't mean to come across as being facetious but as I've said from day one, no one can just vanish into thin air!

I think it's time to call it quits then, finally - at least for me.

We can't trust anything, we are just on a Merry-go-round.

I have just been a little bit over addicted to this case. It is like trying to solve a puzzle....

Yet it is pointless as the information we have been given is limited and inaccurate.

It is impossible for one of us to come up with an answer. The possibilities are endless if we can't trust what we have been told.

Based on the inaccuracies of what we have been told......I reckon he was in the bin and tipped in the bin lorry.

You all have the right to shoot me if I post on here again in the next month unless any new significant information comes out.

See you all when that happens.

I think it's time to call it quits then, finally - at least for me.

We can't trust anything, we are just on a Merry-go-round.

I have just been a little bit over addicted to this case. It is like trying to solve a puzzle....

Yet it is pointless as the information we have been given is limited and inaccurate.

It is impossible for one of us to come up with an answer. The possibilities are endless if we can't trust what we have been told.

Based on the inaccuracies of what we have been told......I reckon he was in the bin and tipped in the bin lorry.

You all have the right to shoot me if I post on here again in the next month unless any new significant information comes out.

See you all when that happens.

I think we all feel the same! You can't stop now though!! [emoji8]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO the outcome will probably be a simple one.
This is a guy who can take care of himself, has been in far worse situations than being drunk and lack of sleep (I.e military training exercises, posts abroad etc.) He is not your average joe in this sense.

It doesn't make sense to me that someone like this could become a victim of a crime without there being evidence, or someone hearing or seeing something.

I think he's gone awol. If I'm wrong, I think the other potential outcome would be that he somehow managed to leave BSE without being seen, walked cross country and sadly succumbed to something as simple as heart failure, or a bang on the head from a fall.

I agree. I'm also dubious as to the liklihood of a pre meditated murderer on the loose, especially one targeting muscly young men, but that's not saying it's not possible.

Fresh thread folks. Can we skim it back to the bare facts & focus on those? The last thread made my head hurt.

Midsummer, level it for us here... facts & possibilities... [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post brought forward on request of forum member(s):

.......I've just come out of the 'back room offices' of three major mobile phone providers; A, B & EE. All were very helpful, not linked in any way and totally separate in their respective businesses. The information that has been gleaned by myself is an interpretation and based in fact. Please be understanding of that when commenting.

Nokia Lumia 435

This phone was launched in January 2015 and was intended as a single sim use only phone. At the same time a dual sim phone was made available through the European markets but NOT in the UK. We do not know if this Nokia Lumia 435 was a single sim or a dual sim phone. I previously posted an image suggesting a dual sim phone for reference purposes only. The launch date of January 2015 is an important date as the contract came with a 24 month deal. If the phone was bought new, approximately six months BEFORE the end of the contract (July 2016) a new phone upgrade would have been offered. Again, presuming it had been given to him by his mother after her upgrade offer, it would suggest a UK model as a dual sim phone wouldn't necessarily be required in the UK. Additional interesting point to make is that a usual upgrade from a Nokia Lumia 435 is either a Nokia Lumia 550 or a Samsung Galaxy J5. What's N's new phone?

EE Coverage

According to the various phone provider technicians, EE masts overlap with a great deal of completeness. 99% of the country is covered. That is not to say that the signal strength is excellent....just that the country is covered.

When a phone such as Corrie's moves away from a mast, it's signal strength lowers. A bit like a lizards tongue stretching and stretching until it in ally lets go. At that immediate point, the phone scans for another mast and the lizards tongue shoots out again at that mast. The darting is momentary. The mast speak/receive 'door' is never closed unless the phone is switched off, immersed in water, battery removed, crushed, damaged etc. The bar strength depends on the masts line of sight with the phone, air density, trees, building, signal strength etc. On the whole, constant speak/receive status...that is until the SIM card is removed.

If a SIM card is removed, the phone is effectively an electronic toy. The SIM card communicates to the masts VIA the mobile phone. No SIM card, no speak/receive. EE masts are also used by Orange and T Mobile. To confuse things even more, Virgin buy airtime from EE.

So, Corrie's phone had a SIM card in when it travelled from BSE to BM otherwise they wouldn't have been able to tell it had moved.

Phone access.

NO ONE is allowed access to a phone. Not even the police. The only way authorities are to access phone data is through the IMEI number which every phone has. This is a unique phone identifying number for a specific phone. Once that number is known, an application can be made through the Data Protection Act via the police to access phone contacts. Apps, music, photos, videos, Internet usage can be accessed through his home computer if backed up. Corrie's phone used a Microsoft based system so I see no reason why this wasn't the case for the family. Indeed, this would explain why reasonably quick access was gain to his phone details if it belonged to N prior to Corrie owning it. N would presumably have the IMEI number, computer back up, and access to his SM accounts. Networks will NOT provide relevant information unless via the police in conjunction with the Data Protection Act.

Phone signal strength

With regards to the Faraday Cage suggestion, this all depends on the approximate position of the phone, it's encasement material, encasement leakage potential and mast. From what I can gather from technical experts, there is no reason why a phone cannot send or receive information or voice signals unless it's by the side of a large electrical unit such as a generator or encased in lead or thick concrete. A close filing cabinet would be possible because of the relatively thin metal surrounding the phone. A slightly open drawer would afford an easier signal leakage.

The technicians went into great detail and every aspect of my queries were answered in fullest satisfaction.

JMO

Cheers mate. Just so it's crystal clear what exactly has changed, could you please flag it clearly? Show it in red or something?

If someone can find conflicts in the time line, just give me the time to be amended with a link and I'll amend the TL.
For some reason I'm not getting some people's messages...? Unsure what's happening. :(

You can see from your pic the cameras would not show the other bin area, which is just to the left of the d in short brackland.

I'm unsure it would even show much of short brackland, looks to be pointed over the car park and that house

I don't think he fancied a sleep in the bins, not after being asleep for a couple of hours. If it were me, it would be a slash and then find my way home.

Earlier there was speculation about Google tracking his phone, would this tracking only work for an Android phone tho, I would imagine it only works for Android.

This sounds daft but let's imagine he got a lift, but was sick in the back of the vehicle , could someone of kicked him out part way.

I've seen taxi drivers do this, and also I've seen people escape a Vommed up taxi in order to avoid payment or the cleaning bill.

If it was a taxi, let's say he flagged one down, and given that taxi owners own their own vehicles, I would be very much interested in taxi drivers that live in the BM area. The phone could of dropped on the floor of the taxi quite easily and not be noticed.

Of course sick doesn't really come into it, if you haven't enough money, not many taxi drivers are going to travel the whole way for nowt.

And of course the possibility exits that he got a lift from either a stranger or someone he knows. Either way it would seem that somebody is keeping schtum for a reason.

The bin theory doesn't seem plausible for me.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

MrSeeker- as per the lengthy discussion in previous threads, there is not currently any stated evidence of the last BSE ping time. Happy to be corrected but whilst this remains the case any theory is based on a huge assumption and that's difficult to work from as a basis for an argument.

I don't think he fancied a sleep in the bins, not after being asleep for a couple of hours. If it were me, it would be a slash and then find my way home.

Earlier there was speculation about Google tracking his phone, would this tracking only work for an Android phone tho, I would imagine it only works for Android.

This sounds daft but let's imagine he got a lift, but was sick in the back of the vehicle , could someone of kicked him out part way.

I've seen taxi drivers do this, and also I've seen people escape a Vommed up taxi in order to avoid payment or the cleaning bill.

If it was a taxi, let's say he flagged one down, and given that taxi owners own their own vehicles, I would be very much interested in taxi drivers that live in the BM area. The phone could of dropped on the floor of the taxi quite easily and not be noticed.

Of course sick doesn't really come into it, if you haven't enough money, not many taxi drivers are going to travel the whole way for nowt.

And of course the possibility exits that he got a lift from either a stranger or someone he knows. Either way it would seem that somebody is keeping schtum for a reason.

The bin theory doesn't seem plausible for me.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Google will track your phone regardless of it being android, and they do it so sneakily, you have to go quite deep into your settings to turn it off and not many people know that it saves your location history along with any google searches you have made even if you delete your browsing history within your browser.

Very plausible that he was sick and got kicked out, although I would like to think that person would come forward, as they wouldn't have done anything wrong. I once was about to be sick in a taxi and read the sign "£50 if you're sick in this taxi", so I wound the window down and was sick down the side of it haha! So technically I wasn't sick IN it!

Do we know of any taxi ranks beyond the horseshoe?

I agree he has got a lift and someone is keeping it zipped for a bad reason. A selfish reason. I also don't think the bin theory has much to it anymore *advertiser censored*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444