UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obvious he went in a vehicle. They have no evidence to further investigate any of the drivers. They are trying to obtain evidence through the people seen on CCTV. Though 3 months down the line not sure anyone was a witness.

A Crimewatch Episode may help.

Until then, a body dead or alive will probably only help solve this.

Since police have the exact times/general locations of Corrie's phone pinging on the trip out to Barton Mills, they could get similar phone records for the drivers of the 3 private vehicles, to determine where exactly those cars went and eliminate them if they were somewhere else at those times, using CCTV as backup confirmation.

The idea he transfered from one car to another seems farfetched, I guess I'm dubious about that level of planning/organization by anyone except sophisticated MI6 operations.

Police must also know whether the bin lorry was on the road at exactly the same time as the phone.

Shiressleuth, try this :
http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news...ildenhall-and-search-bury-buildings-1-7765585

This article has the phrase 'a police spokeswoman said'.
The first one on the original link that you posted gives the quotes from DS Katie Elliott.
I don't think it's safe to assume that the DS is the same as the 'police spokeswoman'. I feel she would be named if the information came direct from her?

Shiressleuth, try this :
http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news...ildenhall-and-search-bury-buildings-1-7765585

This article has the phrase 'a police spokeswoman said'.
The first one on the original link that you posted gives the quotes from DS Katie Elliott.
I don't think it's safe to assume that the DS is the same as the 'police spokeswoman'. I feel she would be named if the information came direct from her?
Thanks Dance, that worked. Couldn't find that it confirmed a result in there on the actual search. So we're still none the wiser. Guess no news is good news.

Ok the bury free press link that Blue posted talks about the cyclist "talking to taxi drivers". This seems strange he hasn't come forward and wonder if he was looking for C. We had some discussions earlier but we didn't discuss why he would be talking to taxi drivers (plural in the article) yet they have not identified him yet. Any further thoughts?
Do we know if the taxi was local and from BSE? If not, could the driver have been cyclist for directions? If C got in a taxi, would he have had enough money to get all the way back to base??

Do we know if the taxi was local and from BSE? If not, could the driver have been cyclist for directions? If C got in a taxi, would he have had enough money to get all the way back to base??

typo, should have read "asking" the cyclist for directions

Just wanted to give some feedback re Dc two vehicle theory. It wouldn't be impossible that C was collected to go somewhere within Bury like the party as discussed previously or even that he walked. He may then have got his lift after spending an hour at the party, rather than an hour in the bin area just hanging around or kipping (again) unseen. To me this sounds more like C than sleeping his evening away in doorways and bins. JMO.

It's obvious he went in a vehicle. They have no evidence to further investigate any of the drivers. They are trying to obtain evidence through the people seen on CCTV. Though 3 months down the line not sure anyone was a witness.

I think you're probably right. Like you say, it's getting too late for witnesses now.

I very rarely post and sorry it's a long one, but please read!

The temperature in Bury st Edmunds on the 23rd and 24th September reached lows of 7 and 10 degrees, respectively. Had his body temperature acclimatised he would be hypothermic; but assuming his body temp had at least started to drop while outside, exacerbated by spending at least an hour stationary, sleeping, with alcohol induced dilation of blood vessels, he may become mildly hypothermic.

When he woke in that doorway, due to a text or needing the toilet, he would most likely be even more tired having possibly woken from a phase of deep sleep. He could also be more drunk, depending on how much alcohol he had consumed. He could have been confused and disoriented if mild hypothermia had set in.

Under these circumstances, I think it is possible that a scenario unfolded akin to this: He checks the time on his phone and places it on top of a bin while he prepares to urinate. After having looked around he worries he may be seen on CCTV here so he wanders to the loading bay in Short Brackland instead, forgetting his phone. This loading bay was not forensically tested. I would like to know if there was a waste bin that would have looked similar that night to the one on which I presume he left his phone. Could he have been confused enough to believe he had dropped his phone in a bin in the second loading bay, noticing it was no longer on top, but believing it to be the same bin as the one in the first loading bay? He could have reached in to get it, fallen in face first and died from positional asphyxia.

So do we think any of those in today's images had anything to do with meeting C? Or seeing him even? I think the white t guy is the closest in time and the most likely to know something. Also the guy with the takeaway could be connected if the time was right also. Could they both be mil (RAF or USAF), could they even be friends of each other or of C?

If or when identified it would be well worth looking into if there is any connection.

Just wanted to give some feedback re Dc two vehicle theory. It wouldn't be impossible that C was collected to go somewhere within Bury like the party as discussed previously or even that he walked. He may then have got his lift after spending an hour at the party, rather than an hour in the bin area just hanging around or kipping (again) unseen. To me this sounds more like C than sleeping his evening away in doorways and bins. JMO.
what do we know about the party that he never went to do we know ware it was?he couldn't have been to keen to go as first he was going to spend the evening on base then ended up going out in bse,

I agree

Since police have the exact times/general locations of Corrie's phone pinging on the trip out to Barton Mills, they could get similar phone records for the drivers of the 3 private vehicles, to determine where exactly those cars went and eliminate them if they were somewhere else at those times, using CCTV as backup confirmation.

The idea he transfered from one car to another seems farfetched, I guess I'm dubious about that level of planning/organization by anyone except sophisticated MI6 operations.

Police must also know whether the bin lorry was on the road at exactly the same time as the phone.

Unless it was not planned to be evasive just so happened to be that way (I need to get to a, could you take me there so I can meet x)

what do we know about the party that he never went to do we know ware it was?

Many threads ago it was said that it was in a house not too far from the golf course, which is on the NW edge of BSE. Since the hosts were reported to be a military couple there was no more detail than that, no doubt for security reasons.

In the press conference the police gave early on, the term they used was "loosely correlates" to the movement of the bin lorry and the speed of movement was stated as more than walking pace from my memory. It wasn't exact. This conference can be found on the family website.

Unless it was not planned to be evasive just so happened to be that way (I need to get to a, could you take me there so I can meet x)

Agree, but then wouldn't the driver(s) have reported it? I was thinking along the lines of removing someone in a two stage system and lying to police about it.

Whilst 99% of this case frustrates me, 2 things bugging me the most at the moment are:

1/ How did family get Corrie's SM/dating site passwords? (did they keep trying different words/phrases until one worked, which then turned out to be the same for all of the sites maybe?)

2/ Why the h*ll are they deleting things from these sites? We've all seen it, images missing from Instagram, videos missing from YouTube (were 7 videos but now 2 - from 7 years ago!) & so on. What does this achieve? What's the purpose for the deletions? Surely if what we're being told about Corrie, by those closest to him, is correct then why "hide" things?

:gaah:

Does anyone know if the river ouse can stretch to Bury please only reason I ask is helicopter today searching for a body we have had some flooding and I no it can cause things to pop up ( sorry don't no how to word it without oh you know what I mean)

One of the million things I don't understand is that if Corrie went AWOL why make his disappearance so elaborate and as a result of that, difficult? Given the 'fact' ( I'm not sure what is fact tbh) that he apparently left his passport behind, hadn't sent for a new one, was poor etc, etc, I find it VERY hard to believe he could disappear at 3.30 am in a small town in a rural area without help. It would make sense to put miles between BSE and him. So the spontaneous AWOL doesn't do it for me. Planned AWOL is planned, and wouldn't/shouldn't planned be easier? In a rural area it would be easy enough to leave Corrie's car on a quiet lane and make it look like he stopped for something/someone... If it was AWOL it's my guess it wasn't intended to be temporary. The RAF bit is persuasive there. If life was awful don't make it harder. If it was intended to be a longer term AWOL then I don't believe there is not a single person in his life who he loves and trusts and wants to reassure that he is ok. My other thought on this was that maybe it was better planned and falling asleep in a doorway for 2 hours mucked it up...

Could even have been an "illegal" taxi (I.e. unlicensed) for the first part and why they haven't been traced or come forward even. Taking advantage of skint customers trying to save a bit of cash. Would not come forward in that scenario even if not responsible for harming C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tased×20