UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anything ever come up about the figure in this image? We talked about it but can't remember what went on.

attachment.php

I think most believed there could be someone there and that C interacted and maybe that is why cctv was cut at that point.

I would like to know who was the last to see and talk to C that night. Whether it was 2 a.m. or 3.25 a.m. would also be helpful to know. I would also like to know when he last had contact with anyone by phone. I wonder if the police have established this?

You obviously haven't followed the truely strange case of Sherri Papini recently which not only had a time limted reward but it was what was called a reverse ransom. I don't recommend you start reading it now though or you'll never make your way back here :lol:

Amazingly she did reappear not quite unharmed but most definitely alive
I followed that case! Absolutely amazing outcome.

The thing that has always stood out to me is that every thing that corrie did that night was normal but it was far from a normal night for most people , I don't personally know any one that sleeps in doorways, if your in the military you watch your back,
They also do a lot of stupid crap when they're drunk. Just last month two of my husband's colleagues 'roof surfed' on top of a mini bus 20 minutes becak to camp. Where I live it's not particularly safe to be inside a vehicle on the roads, especially at night, let alone on the roof of one. These were two 30 year old sergeants, not irresponsible youngsters. Don't underestimate how idiotic alcohol can make people.

I've always been of the mind that Corrie was either thrown of the road trying to walk back to camp or in the bins. I hope wherever he is he is found. My heart breaks for his family.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

If he left the HS area unseen, IMO he was already dead before being deposited into the bin... That said, for the people operating the lorry I find hard to believe they could of missed him.

I also find it unusual for it to be just a one man job, a lot of these refuse lorries are manned by two or three operatives. At least that's what I've seen of our local collection.

I believe like it's already been mentioned, that all other avenues have been crossed off, and this is a last ditch attempt to at least eliminate the possibility.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Depending on who any suspects might be, and considering who the reward was put up by, there could be very good reasons of confidentiality and safety for any potential informants to forego the reward and go directly to the police. As pointed out by N, to claim the reward, you have to have phoned one of the two mobile numbers run by "family and close friends".

It seems that most here would currently disagree but I think the police may well have a pretty good idea of what happened that night but would much rather push a case with a body than without one. Without a body as prima facie evidence of death, any defense lawyer would trawl out the tired old AWOL/tragic accident lines and have a fair chance of it working, what with "reasonable doubt" and all that.

From what I have read all waste is sorted either at a waste transfer station or at a recycling centre therefore a body would have been discovered at that initial stage. Therfore the only way that a body would get to landfill is if it was smuggled in and hidden. This is the only reason I can see for initially not searching, but for doing it now IMO.

Just because things are supposed to be done a certain way it doesn't mean they always are.

From what I have read all waste is sorted either at a waste transfer station or at a recycling centre therefore a body would have been discovered at that initial stage.

I have a feeling the word "sorted" may be used fairly loosely for non-recycling waste collections, as there really isn't much to sort if the destination for the entire load is landfill.

That's not to say one wouldn't hope that a body would be spotted even in the most rudimentary sorting process but if, as others have posited, bin bags could have been used to conceal a body, there may be a chance of it slipping through, I guess.

I'm sure we'll all learn much more about Biffa bin collections and the waste sorting/transfer process in these coming months though!

From what I have read all waste is sorted either at a waste transfer station or at a recycling centre therefore a body would have been discovered at that initial stage. Therfore the only way that a body would get to landfill is if it was smuggled in and hidden. This is the only reason I can see for initially not searching, but for doing it now IMO.

Yes I agree it seems that he would have been spotted during the sorting process. Unless that didn't happen for some reason.

By smuggled in do you mean after rubbish was sorted into the load going to landfill or smuggled into another bin/the landfill directly?

I think there's a thread for Shadow on here. Don't know how to link though.

I've followed the shadow story since she went missing (also can't link as I'm on holiday) it was evident from the start it was her husband but the military protected him to a point of unbelief. <modsnip>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've followed the shadow story since she went missing (also can't link as I'm on holiday) it was evident from the start it was her husband but the military protected him to a point of unbelief. <modsnip>

Who is Shadow?

I was thinking that myself you beat me to it here is about the landfill site and the process.

http://www.fccenvironment.co.uk/milton.html

Regards
R

I found your post interesting as it highlights the fact of RAF flights and personnel travelling on them. Do passengers need passports to travel on RAF flights between Gibraltar and UK or can they just use military id? I have also noticed some UK companies are based in Gibraltar too.
e.g.Sovereign Group (Uk) Ltd .
Interesting Shires. Someone I knew years ago often traveled on RAF flights, but they weren't in the service, though they were mod but in a civilian sense.

Who is Shadow?

A young girl (maybe around 25 I can't remember without looking) was in the US forces and went missing in America.
Everyone thought she was a nutter when in fact she was made to be nuts. Check her out the whole case is super interesting

At 3 am on Sept 24 it was 9 C which is not warm. It was very warm during the day but not warm at 3 am.

https://us.worldweatheronline.com/bury-st-edmunds-weather-history/suffolk/gb.aspx

all the late night cctv images of old man, backpack man, and late night shopping woman they are quite bundled up. It does not look warm to me at that hour.

I hope he did not climb in a bin. But i would never have predicted a well adjusted man would be passed out on a sidewalk at 3 am either.

Additionally alcohol lowers body temperature and awaking from a nap one is often cold.

Have to say logically this makes sense. Even if a body was missed in a bin and it was taken straight to Milton the bin lorry would empty its load and at that point a body spotted by the driver and/or digger driver that moves the rubbish plus possibly CCTV?

I'm also still confused why the media are linking the HS bin lorry with this landfill site when the Police have checked the tachograph records. If that bin lorry went to Milton then I can't fathom why Police wouldn't search it at the point of finding out a recyclable load was taken to a landfill even if that practice happens often.

Yes I agree it seems that he would have been spotted during the sorting process. Unless that didn't happen for some reason.

By smuggled in do you mean after rubbish was sorted into the load going to landfill or smuggled into another bin/the landfill directly?

For example - car up to perimeter fence and take body into site under cover of nightfall for hiding/burial. That's one way I could think of, although needless trouble with all of Thetford forest and the Great Ouse so close, which is why I believe the search may not find anything.

Additionally alcohol lowers body temperature and awaking from a nap one is often cold.
Agree and I would have thought the Police, early in the investigation, would have enlisted medical opinion on possible impaired judgement, confusion, early hypothermia, for approx x amount of units of alcohol drunk, (info from those who saw and were with him that evening), x amount of food, waking from x amount of sleep, clothing worn, temp at that time. Yes the facts they had may not be exact, but certainly could give some indications. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck