UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How strange. So it can't be a lead that has taken them to landfill then. Or perhaps C has been in touch?

To claim the reward, one has to phone one of the two family numbers. It could still be a lead that's prompted the landfill search but maybe one phoned directly into the police instead.

I think if Corrie had been in touch, there wouldn't really be the need for a massive and costly landfill search. Also I can't see how that would lead to the reward being withdrawn in this way. Surely if Corrie miraculously turned up alive and well, there'd be no need to leave the reward going for another week, the reward would just be null and void by dint of being simply unnecessary.

JMO of course, but at this stage, the thought of him going missing of his own accord honestly seems ludicrous tbh.

The thing that has always stood out to me is that every thing that corrie did that night was normal but it was far from a normal night for most people , I don't personally know any one that sleeps in doorways, if your in the military you watch your back,

I so agree. If I woke up on a sidewalk, alone, at 3 am after being kicked out of a bar for being too drunk, even in my 20's I would be depressed. I would never never admit it to my mother and most of my friends. I really doubt my mother would say that is just like me. plop down and sleep anywhere. I guess its denial and hope that makes her say these things. I have to say, he did look cold walking towards the HS. He stumbled a bit. Could he really have hopped in a bin to take a nap and warm up? I see one problem with that. From all people who have shown how these Lorries work in here , the driver gets out and operates the lift. C was not that drunk at 323 that he would not have awakened and yelled out. How would the driver not hear that? Some of the trucks in the USA and I assume in the UK do not require the driver to get out. The big metal dumpsters have slots on either side. The truck has a fork on the front and forklifts the dumpster over the cab and dumps into the truck. A driver would not necessarily hear something. I really hope that was not his fate, but it never made sense he was separated from his phone. He was walking into the HS with no phone in his hands. He had his hands in his pockets. So if he was going to relieve himself why take out the phone and put it on the bin? Did someone call or text? Who knows.

I have to say, he did look cold walking towards the HS. He stumbled a bit. Could he really have hopped in a bin to take a nap and warm up?

It was a warm night in Suffolk, during the hottest September for over a hundred years. A lot of people were out until late that night in t-shirts. OMOO but I don't think he climbed in a bin to get warm.

It was a warm night in Suffolk, during the hottest September for over a hundred years. A lot of people were out until late that night in t-shirts. OMOO but I don't think he climbed in a bin to get warm.

At 3 am on Sept 24 it was 9 C which is not warm. It was very warm during the day but not warm at 3 am.

https://us.worldweatheronline.com/bury-st-edmunds-weather-history/suffolk/gb.aspx

all the late night cctv images of old man, backpack man, and late night shopping woman they are quite bundled up. It does not look warm to me at that hour.

I hope he did not climb in a bin. But i would never have predicted a well adjusted man would be passed out on a sidewalk at 3 am either.

Only speaking anecdotally here but I was out in a different town in Suffolk that night with just a t-shirt on until about 2 am. We can also see from the CCTV that "No Fear t-shirt man" and the black guy with the food are doing the same.

There's an old folk rhyme in the UK, "Five, ten and twenty-one; Winter, spring and summer sun". Maybe here we perceive nine or ten degrees as warmer than in countries that have hotter temperatures year round?! I had to sleep with a fan on and the window open all throughout September because it was too hot to sleep otherwise.

I've read quite a lot of reports about people being crushed to death in bins and one even said they'd saved 100 people in the past year. I don't remember one saying they were amongst mouldy old food though, they were all spotted on the conveying belt when the load was being sorted. It was always cardboard/paper...are we suspecting he was in a cardboard or actual food waste truck? If it's the latter I don't think there's the slightest chance Corrie would contemplate it sleeping in it, and if he did he'd get straight back out again because of the stench

To claim the reward, one has to phone one of the two family numbers. It could still be a lead that's prompted the landfill search but maybe one phoned directly into the police instead.

I think if Corrie had been in touch, there wouldn't really be the need for a massive and costly landfill search. Also I can't see how that would lead to the reward being withdrawn in this way. Surely if Corrie miraculously turned up alive and well, there'd be no need to leave the reward going for another week, the reward would just be null and void by dint of being simply unnecessary.

JMO of course, but at this stage, the thought of him going missing of his own accord honestly seems ludicrous tbh.

So you genuinely think he is dead then? Lets hope he is not found in the landfill, which is what I voted for in the poll, but then what?

Cagney, Were there any results on the poll or did the thread close too quickly for voting?

Apologies for my slightly poor posting last night.
I've been a lurker for many years, the Corrie threads have really got my interest but it wasn't until now I have ever felt to comment.

Suffering slight insomnia I was up in the early hours reading the local paper. The story might be completely irrelevant but I thought would be of interest to some of you as it states ongoing British investigation and involved the RAF.
I hadn't wanted to post without some kind of source hence linking the sun, managed to find the English translation of the paper I was reading and have since updated my original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies for my slightly poor posting last night.
I've been a lurker for many years, the Corrie threads have really got my interest but it wasn't until now I have ever felt to comment.

Suffering slight insomnia I was up in the early hours reading the local paper. The story might be completely irrelevant but I thought would be of interest to some of you as it states ongoing British investigation and involved the RAF.
I hadn't wanted to post without some kind of source hence linking the sun, managed to find the English translation of the paper I was reading and have since updated my original post.

I found your post interesting as it highlights the fact of RAF flights and personnel travelling on them. Do passengers need passports to travel on RAF flights between Gibraltar and UK or can they just use military id? I have also noticed some UK companies are based in Gibraltar too.
e.g.Sovereign Group (Uk) Ltd .

I found your post interesting as it highlights the fact of RAF flights and personnel travelling on them. Do passengers need passports to travel on RAF flights between Gibraltar and UK or can they just use military id? I have also noticed some UK companies are based in Gibraltar too.
e.g.Sovereign Investments Ltd .

Also find it interesting the MOD was trying everything in their power to prevent the arrest. They have a duty to their men I believe but to what extent?

First reward iv known about with a time limit attached to it, what's that all about,

You obviously haven't followed the truely strange case of Sherri Papini recently which not only had a time limted reward but it was what was called a reverse ransom. I don't recommend you start reading it now though or you'll never make your way back here :lol:

Amazingly she did reappear not quite unharmed but most definitely alive

Also find it interesting the MOD was trying everything in their power to prevent the arrest. They have a duty to their men I believe but to what extent?

Exactly!

That's why my first reaction was foul play due to a fact that Corrie worked in military. They still have their own codes and laws you know, "don't ask, don't tell". Like Corrie's mum put it, he was a social hand granade.

But those kind of laws ain't an excuse for a kill IMO!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.da...l-site-search-horrific.html?client=ms-unknown

Sounds like he was in the biffa from Gregg's then from BM to Milton , I can't understand how he wasn't spotted at BM sorting ...
Considering what he was wearing it would almost seem impossible that he was missed. I think Biffa or the driver have missed a step in process to save money/time. I thought when the landfill news broke they had an informer but the reward is still up for collection. I wonder if the Police investigation has uncovered an anomaly in the waste management that night?

Greggs state this on their site: [FONT=&quot]We divert 99.6 per cent of waste from our manufacturing sites away from landfill. We continue to work closely with our waste management partners to ensure that all of our waste streams are processed through the most sustainable routes.

[/FONT]
I bet Greggs would be surprised if they thought their cardboard/paper was going to landfill.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.da...l-site-search-horrific.html?client=ms-unknown

Sounds like he was in the biffa from Gregg's then from BM to Milton , I can't understand how he wasn't spotted at BM sorting ...

Are we still allowed to quote the DM as MSM?

I see they haven't even managed to get the area of the site correct 1,100 sqft is not 920 sq m as quoted everywhere else and in the same article lower down

Their pictures are good though.

I agree about the sorting which is why I'm not at all sure they will find him there

Exactly!

That's why my first reaction was foul play due to a fact that Corrie worked in military. They still have their own codes and laws you know, "don't ask, don't tell". Like Corrie's mum put it, he was a social hand granade.

But those kind of laws ain't an excuse for a kill IMO!

Reminds me of the shadow McLaine story a little

Did anything ever come up about the figure in this image? We talked about it but can't remember what went on.

attachment.php

Attachments

• lurker.jpg
    lurker.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 313
It does also quote the following from the police.

'While the search may not provide the answers as to what happened it is something we need to do as our investigation continues.'

Which sort of ties in with my own gut feeling on this: that there is no specific information that has led them to search the landfill site at this point in time, but rather that this is the last stone left to be turned before the investigation is wound down. It is a case of "now or never". Kudos to the police for locking down the site so early in the investigation, but it cannot remain partially sealed-off for ever, just in case.

This is going to be a very costly way of finding nothing (although that in itself will focus what remains of the investigation in other directions), but better that than live for ever with the regret of never having searched it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne